Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING:MARSHALL FAULK CALLS OUT PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    JETS fans jealousy is not very ...becoming.

WE need to be better and stop worrying about the PATS and GIANTS and many othernteamsmwho have lapped us over and over again.

Multiple SB wins is no mistake or luck.

lack of SB wins or appearances is also not bad luck.

management.
    Maybe I shouldn't watch the game this weekend because the Jets aren't in it? I'm a football fan and a Jets fan. The Jets sucking has nothing to do with the fact that the game is changing and teams are cheating.

I have no doubt about the competence of the NE management. That's not even in question.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That will never change.

Jets fans are so envious and jealous of the Pats success it's not even funny.
    No doubt about it. However as a football fan and a fan who would like to see my team win a SB on an even playing field, I can seperate my jealousy from the fact that it's disturbing that players and teams continue to skirt the rules of the game in order to tilt the field. When and if my team should become good enough to actually compete for a SB I hope it will be in fair competition. If it isn't what's to celebrate?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    No doubt about it. However as a football fan and a fan who would like to see my team win a SB on an even playing field, I can seperate my jealousy from the fact that it's disturbing that players and teams continue to skirt the rules of the game in order to tilt the field. When and if my team should become good enough to actually compete for a SB I hope it will be in fair competition. If it isn't what's to celebrate?
    It's called gaining a competitive advantage.

All good teams find an edge.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Shh, no tears. Only dreams now.
    ^
    ^
    ^

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is nobody knows what that "edge" is. What was on those tapes is pretty obvious, it's what, if anything, the Pats did with those tapes to gain a competitive advantage, either during the game they were taping or a subsequent game. Did they actually decode those signals mid-game or not? The Jets fans here don't know any more than the Pats fans here do. Because nobody freaking knows. I think we'd all like to know. Everything else discussed here is speculation and conjecture based on our own biases.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a difference between a competitve advantage based on talent and preperation and an advantage gotten outside the rules.

Nobody is arguing against teams seeking a competitive advantage inside the rules. That's what competition is all about.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL at patriot fans desperately trying to redefine cheating.

"Excuse me officer I wasn't robbing this bank, i was just gaining a competitive advantage."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it really believable that the Pats gained an egregiously competitive advantage in a cutthroat, copycat league with a particular practice for 7+ years that no other team ever tried or knew about? What about the Pats players and coaches that went on to other teams? They never said, "uhh, by the way, they know all of our plays?"

Is Belichick that much of a genius that he can manipulate a multi-billion dollar industry, and thousands of people working around him, at his own whim, and engineer one of the greatest undercover jobs in all of sports?

If so, I would be incredibly impressed. Talk about ****ing power. BB for prez.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post

Is Belichick that much of a genius that he can manipulate a multi-billion dollar industry, and thousands of people working around him, at his own whim, and engineer one of the greatest undercover jobs in all of sports?

Yes

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Most Pats fans I know are as pissed over the destruction of the tapes as Jets fans. Just for different reasons. If the tapes still existed they would exonerate the Pats, as I believe they would show exactly what we've already seen, filming signals, down, distance and formation from the sideline (illegal) instead of from an authorized location like the coaches box (not only legal, but REQUIRED by league rules).

Supposedly Jay Glaser still has his copies. Like to see those made public.

And Faulk? What a crybaby loser.
    I'm sure others did it in some form too, but I think Belichik is shrewd enough to have figured out a way to take advantage of what they were getting (or to find the guy who was shrewd enough).

And I don't think for a second that the tapes would have been destroyed unless they somehow showed that an advantage was gained, and the outcomes of the games in question were possibly affected.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Is it really believable that the Pats gained an egregiously competitive advantage in a cutthroat, copycat league with a particular practice for 7+ years that no other team ever tried or knew about? What about the Pats players and coaches that went on to other teams? They never said, "uhh, by the way, they know all of our plays?"

If so, I would be incredibly impressed. Talk about ****ing power. BB for prez.

At least SOME Jet's fans get it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    He's not a Jets fan, Mongo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    And I don't think for a second that the tapes would have been destroyed unless they somehow showed that an advantage was gained, and the outcomes of the games in question were possibly affected.
    In your wildest imagination, what could possibly be on the tapes that might show that an advantage was gained? And if it was something so earth-shattering that the tapes needed to be destroyed, don't you think that Belichick would have withheld them from the league (or destroyed them himself)?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Oops, you think I'm a Jets fan... sorry.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Love it. I'll never understand why Goodell destroyed those tapes.
    umm, well sonny, if the public was able to see that there was outright cheating at such a grand level, the exposure would surely initialize a domino effect which would not only take down the credibility of the NFL (because it was happening for years) but would expose the fact that there is no sporting system with revenue, mega revenue, that does not exclude the nature of the current man on this planet which is crooked, relentless, and completley overlooks what is righteous. Everyone would become aware what goes on with just about every sporting event and sports wouldn't be watched due to the impact on competitiveness, other than the people who get off watching WWF wrestling and of the like. Then the government would be exposed and our whole reality would shift into a place of higher consciousness and we would all realize we are living a lie and not but a sliver of the human potential. We would realize we are slaves and revolt against the entity (families) who operate under nationalism who really just play both sides of the fence with countries duping everyone into war and shortsightedness. We would then turn from carbon based to crystaline based at such a rapid level, that most of humanity would catapult into the 5th dimension rather than bound to this primitive 3rd dimension, leaving the current global elite completely powerless with no one to manipulate and control, because money would be exposed for what it is, paper, green paper with pictures. Thats why

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    In your wildest imagination, what could possibly be on the tapes that might show that an advantage was gained? And if it was something so earth-shattering that the tapes needed to be destroyed, don't you think that Belichick would have withheld them from the league (or destroyed them himself)?

"Shoot up to the clock, get the down and distance... ok... now key in on the defensive coordinator and his hand signals... oh wait! check out that cheerleader's ass... yes, yes, yesss... get that on video. We'll 'break that down' in the analytical department."
    Last edited by ASG0531; 02-01-2013 at 04:00 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, it's called gamesmanship and it's been going on since the very first time two teams squared off and played a game...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Easy to look like a well oiled machine when you have Tom Terrific...isn't that right Mr. Bean Counter?
    Yeah , its one player that made them better for 12 years. Just one player.
    you are right again.

Your incivility is noted even though I wasnt addressing you.... next time im just gonna put you on ignore.

easier that way.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Agreed, it's called gamesmanship and it's been going on since the very first time two teams squared off and played a game...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't watch the game this weekend because the Jets aren't in it?
    But them youl'd never see a Super Bowl. Kinda dumb.