Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING:MARSHALL FAULK CALLS OUT PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING

Post BREAKING:MARSHALL FAULK CALLS OUT PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING

Marshall Faulk: 'I'll never be over being cheated out of Super Bowl'
    Jan 30
    1/30/2013 9:24:28 AM

The last time Marshall Faulk was at the Louisiana Superdome for a Super Bowl, former Rams running back Marshall Faulk was preparing to take on the New England Patriots in February 2002. History was made that day as the underdog Patriots upset the favored Rams.

Faulk is back this week as a commentator for NFL Network but has never forgotten that game according to Tom Curran of csnne.com. When told by Curran that people in New England believe he still shows bitterness about that loss and a bias against the Patriots in his on-air work, Faulk stated, "They misunderstand. Am I over the loss? Yeah, I'm over the loss. But I'll never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl. That's a different story. I can understand losing a Super Bowl, that's fine . . . But how things happened and what took place. Obviously, the commissioner gets to handle things how he wants to handle them but if they wanted us to shut up about what happened, show us the tapes. Don't burn 'em."

Faulk was referring to tapes the Patriots had of opposing coaches sending in defensive signals. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said back in 2008 that he had no evidence that the Patriots -- and video assistant Matt Walsh in particular -- taped the Rams walkthrough.

"I understand Bill (Belichick) is a great coach," said Faulk. "But No. 13 (Kurt Warner) will tell you. Mike Martz will tell you. We had some plays in the red zone that we hadn't ran. I think we got to fourth down -- we ran three plays that we hadn't ran, that Mike drew up for that game - Bill's a helluva coach . . . we hadn't ran them the whole year (and the Patriots were ready for them)." Faulk stated that the only time those plays were practiced were at the walk-through.

Faulk attempted to temper his comments, saying, "Bill has done a great job. I love Mr. Kraft and what he's done. They almost drafted me. I remember (Kraft's) vision for that organization. I respect everything about that organization. But am I bitter about how that went? Am I bitter about how the league handled them taping people? If Bountygate was that bad and Sean got suspended for a whole year? If we want to talk about some unfair assessment of how we're assessing things? Man. If you lost a game and your brother cheated you," said Faulk, "you'll remember that."

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...-/Default.aspx
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 01-30-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Veteran
    Love it. I'll never understand why Goodell destroyed those tapes.

"Breaking"? He's been whining about this for over a decade.

Anyway, I'll take the over on 20 pages.

Hall Of Fame
    Good. Anytime Spygate gets any exposure I am happy.

We need to hold Goodell just as responsible as the Pats. The coverup is just as bad, if not worse, than the crime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

We need to hold Goodell just as responsible as the Pats. The coverup is just as bad, if not worse, than the crime.
    Yep, that crime was worse than the Black Sox scandel.

Taping from the sidelines instead of the press box is worse than throwing games for money.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Taping from the sidelines instead of the press box is worse than throwing games for money.
    Did I say it was worse than the Black Sox?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

BINGO!

Give it as much exposure as possible. I Love when honesty interrupts the daily propaganda churned out by the NFL and the comments by Faulk are honest and to the point.

Look for the Kraft/Belichick apologists to come out in force to drown out Faulk's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post

Whining? How would you feel if a Super Bowl was taken from you because your opponent cheated? Forget about the impact on Marshall Faulk, who is a hall of famer; what about the impact on the average players on that team that will never know what it is like to win a super bowl?

Jets Insider VIP
    We all know the Pats cheated. Lets get over it. They have a great franchise and every one of us is jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We all know the Pats cheated. Lets get over it. They have a great franchise and every one of us is jealous.
    Records in sports matter as it affects the credibility of the sport; look at the mess that Major League Baseball is in over their handling of PEDs. It haunts the sport to this very minute like a black cloud.
    The NFL disgraced itself with the handling of spy gate and I am glad that it continues to take a hit for it.

The Jets success or failure as an organization is a separate issue. The 'lets move on' attitude towards the cheating is part of the reason why this story was not dealt with correctly in the first place.

We all know the Pats cheated. Lets get over it.
    So did many Yankees on the recent World Series teams, bagful of Lance Armstrongs the lot of them. Just cause they didn't fail a test doesn't mean they weren't juiced.

I don't see many calling for their titles to be all asterisked, although they certainly could warrant it.

There is no do over. They cheated, they won, it's done. A small vocal minority in New York won't change their legacy anymore than a small vocal minority in Boston might one day change the Yankees legacy over steroids.

Look forward. Not back IMO.

You know, guys, there's a Superbowl on Sunday.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Whining? How would you feel if a Super Bowl was taken from you because your opponent cheated? Forget about the impact on Marshall Faulk, who is a hall of famer; what about the impact on the average players on that team that will never know what it is like to win a super bowl?
    If Faulk thinks that the Patriots cheated because they stopped some plays that were only revealed in a walkthrough that there is ZERO evidence was ever taped (in fact the Boston Herald was forced to retract its false story to the contrary), then whiner is the kindest label he deserves.

if they wanted us to shut up about what happened, show us the tapes. Don't burn 'em."

that about sums it up.

Agree.

Same thing with Lance Armstrong. The guy is a winner and everyone else is just jealous.

If Faulk thinks that the Patriots cheated because they stopped some plays that were only revealed in a walkthrough that there is ZERO evidence was ever taped (in fact the Boston Herald was forced to retract its false story to the contrary), then whiner is the kindest label he deserves.
    I understand this is all highly coincidental that these 3 plays were stopped, as you infer above (which I agree to a point), but the Patriot fans who defend the team always sound like defense attorney's point out how the evidence is all circumstantial, and are always on the defense.

I believe the Patriots did something more than what is allowed via the rules.

Did it change the outcome of the game? There's no evidence to point to one way or the other, so the outcome should stand as is unless proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So did many Yankees on the recent World Series teams, bagful of Lance Armstrongs the lot of them. Just cause they didn't fail a test doesn't mean they weren't juiced.

I don't see many calling for their titles to be all asterisked, although they certainly could warrant it.

There is no do over. They cheated, they won, it's done. A small vocal minority in New York won't change their legacy anymore than a small vocal minority in Boston might one day change the Yankees legacy over steroids.

Look forward. Not back IMO.
    By that logic the police should not investigate people for theft because it goes on all the time and many people have gotten away with it in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Can you give us a run down of Super Bowl victories for the patriots since they were caught cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    By that logic the police should not investigate people for theft because it goes on all the time and many people have gotten away with it in the past?
    Sports = Violent Crime now?

Like I said, your whining will carry ALOT more intellectual weight if you concurrently call for the Yankees to be stripped of all World series titles they won during the Steroid Era, or at at time they had a reported steroid user on their roster than was material to the wins.

Since we know you won;t do that, stop whining. They're not going to award a vacated Pats* Super Bowl to the Jets in any case, so who cares. Especially since Mangini was absolutely doing it as well (only a dunce would think he didn't bring that Bellichek tactic with him).