Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING:MARSHALL FAULK CALLS OUT PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    Gotta love people who waste their lives on a message board.

Your Tombstone:

RIP
    Here lies a complete loser Patriot fan who sat in his basement day and night
    posting on a NEW YORK JETS message board. A sad lonely old man.

Hopefully there is re-incarnation, perhaps next time you could try and contribute something to the world other than being a message board troll.
    God you're a pathetic loser.
    LOL, awesome...😜👍

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I no longer participate in anything NFL aside from internet forums..
    How will you discuss the games if you don't watch them?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Tombstone:

RIP
    Here lies a complete loser who sat in his basement day and night
    posting on a message board. A sad lonely old man.

Hopefully there is re-incarnation, perhaps next time you could try and contribute something to the world other than being a message board troll.
    +100

It is pretty fkn sad

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Tombstone:

RIP

+1000

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Tombstone:

RIP

/thread

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Tombstone:

RIP

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Pats fan, I welcome a true investigation into the SpyGate matter. To me, it's an emotional freeroll for Pats fans... we've wasted countless hours defending against it, so if they are found out to have a significant advantage in games, Pats fans can settle down and join the accusers. I don't like cheaters and I would be among the first to damn Belichick. Laugh all you want, but I have no real allegiance here. If anything, it's become tiring. I'd like to know once and for all what they did, if anything. And if they determined it didn't have any significant advantage, it would deflate Jets fans the world over, who have derived much of their happiness over the past several years over this issue.

Media members have seen these tapes. Scoreboard showing time, down, distance, then the coaches and the ensuing play. If you assume there is more, you're going beyond the scope of the NFL's allegations and constructing your own personal fantasy to fit your worldview. Yankees and Red Sox fans could at least argue over actual baseball play, Jets fans want to take this to the world of "it's not even football" so we're not even discussing actual sports anymore. It used to be fun, it's not anymore. The mentality I see around this board goes beyond sports. It's a pure psychological complex. I see violent tendencies in some posters.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 02-07-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    As a Pats fan, I welcome a true investigation into the SpyGate matter. To me, it's an emotional freeroll for Pats fans... we've wasted countless hours defending against it, so if they are found out to have a significant advantage in games, Pats fans can settle down and join the accusers. And if they determined it didn't have any significant advantage, it would deflate Jets fans the world over, who have derived much of their happiness over the past several years over this issue.

Media members have seen these tapes. Scoreboard showing time, down, distance, then the coaches and the ensuing play. If you assume there is more, you're going beyond the scope of the NFL's allegations and constructing your own personal fantasy to fit your worldview.
    There was already. Someone made sure there would never be again.

I doubt they have but then I'd trust even a Pats fan over any media.

This thread is about someone who was there and saw the result first hand.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 02-07-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... bro, you generally come across as one of the more reasonable pats fans ...

... leaving out the conspiracy theory middle of your statement lets read it again ...

... are you really trying to tell us that you truly believe the odds that there was nothing on them being the cause is more likely than the odds that there was something on them that would be bad for the league if it got out? ...

I don't know why Goodell destroyed the tapes, if he actually did, but my first guess is that he was embarrassed by the contents being leaked. My second guess is indeed that there wasn't much on them. Everything I've read and heard about them, including from Goody himself, is that there wasn't much there. The penalty was for the taping, not what was on the tapes.

Now what's this about a conspiracy?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Days over bro ... Do I assume the above line was hyperbole?

Curious to hear your response to my question
    Ljr

You mean do I really enjoy talking about Spygate? The answer is yes. The problem in this case is that Marshall Faulk is crying about something that doesn't exist, tapes of the Rams pre-SB walk through.

Since I've answered your questions a couple of times, how about answering one for me. Why are the Pats accomplishments under Belichick being labelled as cheating but not those of the Dolphins under Don Shula, considering that two years prior to going 17-0 they were fined money and a first round pick for a rules violation that allowed Shula to land in Miami? I'm curious to hear your response.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually no I wouldn't enjoy rooting for a team noted for being the biggest cheaters in NFL history, I don't quite see the joy in that but that's just me.

To each his own.
    Yea, you'd rather root for a team that hasn't even played in a Super Bowl since man walked on the moon.

To each his own.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    There was already. Someone made sure there would never be again.

I doubt they have but then I'd trust even a Pats fan over any media.

This thread is about someone who was there and saw the result first hand.
    Everyone like to cry about the original tapes which were leaked to the press and Goodell promptly destroyed? All people know about them has been discussed ad infinitum. However, no one acknowledges the SECOND round of tapes. The ones dating back to when BB first came to the Patriots. These are the tapes that Matt Walsh gave up once he was granted 100% immunity. These tapes were shown openly to any media that wanted to see them. They were reportedly so mundane, that after watching an hour or so of the same thing over and over; clock, down, distance, signal, play, rinse and repeat, that the big story coming out of that session was how at one point there was a couple of minutes of the camera zooming in on a cheerleader's butt. Freakin' cheaters.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    You mean do I really enjoy talking about Spygate? The answer is yes. The problem in this case is that Marshall Faulk is crying about something that doesn't exist, tapes of the Rams pre-SB walk through.
    Doesn't exist anymore. Belicheat probably burned that tape himself sometime in 2002.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Doesn't exist anymore. Belicheat probably burned that tape himself sometime in 2002.
    Solid 15th post, welcome to the board.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yea, you'd rather root for a team that hasn't even played in a Super Bowl since man walked on the moon.

To each his own.

PatsFanTx: [From a dark basement] Hey Ma, Ma come see how clever I am...
    Mom: That's terrific honey, do you think you could maybe take out the trash?
    PatsFanTx: Ma!!!! No!!!! I need to be here in case anyone responds to my cleverness... God!!!
    Mom: OK honey, love you... /sighs and takes a huge gulp of vodka

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Solid 51, 717th post, troll

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you the doormat?

16 and counting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're one to judge

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    How will you discuss the games if you don't watch them?
    newspapers and internet.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the circuitous acknowledgement that the odds were greater that bad stuff was on the tapes and that is the more likely reason goodell destroyed them than your initial comment indicating they were destroyed because nothing was on them

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

Since I've answered your questions a couple of times, how about answering one for me. Why are the Pats accomplishments under Belichick being labelled as cheating but not those of the Dolphins under Don Shula, considering that two years prior to going 17-0 they were fined money and a first round pick for a rules violation that allowed Shula to land in Miami? I'm curious to hear your response.
    I haven't really paid much attention to whatever Shula did in 1970, if he did ... Let me make that last part the beginning of my answer ... You are talking about something from 1970 ... That's 43 years ago

Second thought off top of my head is media coverage then to now is night and day

Third, if I read the statement right you are trying to compare cheating to hire a coach vs. cheating each week to gain a competive advantage ... That is apples and oranges as well ...

Ljr