Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING:MARSHALL FAULK CALLS OUT PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    It must hurt to know that they could have won maybe 3 or 4 more SB's if our boy Mangini hadn't spilled the beans (npi) on them.
    So true. If they were still filming from the sidelines, Tyree wouldn't have made the helmet catch and Welker would have caught the high pass. That's 2 more trophies right there.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    lmao....late to rise today so I haven't yet finished a single cup of coffee. Best I could muster given the circumstances.
    To do list:
    1. wake up
    2. troll
    3. coffee
    4. ????
    5. profit

Makes perfect sense for you, actually.

All League
    So true. If they were still filming from the sidelines, Tyree wouldn't have made the helmet catch and Welker would have caught the high pass. That's 2 more trophies right there.
    Yep. So true.

If they were still filming those plays wouldn't have decided the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    So Belichick thought he was doing nothing wrong.....even after the commissioner warned him to stop in the memo? Really?

Why don't we save the babe in the woods routine; Belichick knew exactly what he was doing, knew it was against the rules and decided that it was worth the risk because he gained an edge from it. Here is a man that is famous for his work ethic and discipline. So explain why he would spend time and effort, as well as the risk of getting caught, if he did not believe he was gaining an edge?
    Again, If he thought he could get in trouble for this, and it was going to be a huge deal, than he is the worst cheater ever. he at no attempt try and hide what he was doing. Wouldn't he try and hide the guy so he wouldn't get caught, wouldn't he try and blend the guy into looking like part of the TV crew, or hide him all together.

BB never tried to hide what he was doing, the guy was decked from head to toe in Patriots gear, he never try to be secretive at all. If he thought it was so wrong, why would he be so upfront about it. He was not hiding anything he was doing at anytime, he was actually very out front about it. Explain to me why he would not even try and be a little bit deceptive about the practice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Again, If he thought he could get in trouble for this, and it was going to be a huge deal, than he is the worst cheater ever. he at no attempt try and hide what he was doing. Wouldn't he try and hide the guy so he wouldn't get caught, wouldn't he try and blend the guy into looking like part of the TV crew, or hide him all together.

BB never tried to hide what he was doing, the guy was decked from head to toe in Patriots gear, he never try to be secretive at all. If he thought it was so wrong, why would he be so upfront about it. He was not hiding anything he was doing at anytime, he was actually very out front about it. Explain to me why he would not even try and be a little bit deceptive about the practice.
    Then why the outrage when mangini ratted him out?? How can you rat anyone out that's not doing anything wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    You're right, those Super Bowls would have been Pats blowouts just like the ones they won... oh wait.

Willie McGinest made the point: if they knew all of the incoming plays, doesn't it stand to reason the Pats would have blown those teams out? Why the need for heroic field goals when you've got all the plays? Were they just not that good at cheating? Did they cheat juuuuust enough to make it purposely close? Enlighten us.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

"I understand Bill [Belichick] is a great coach," Faulk told Curran. "But No. 13 [Kurt Warner] will tell you ... Mike Martz will tell you ... We had some plays in the red zone that we hadn't ran. I think we got to fourth down -- we ran three plays that we hadn't ran, that Mike drew up for that game. Bill's a helluva coach we hadn't ran them the whole year [and the Patriots were ready for them]." And the only time that Rams practiced those plays? At the walkthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    "I understand Bill [Belichick] is a great coach," Faulk told Curran. "But No. 13 [Kurt Warner] will tell you ... Mike Martz will tell you ... We had some plays in the red zone that we hadn't ran. I think we got to fourth down -- we ran three plays that we hadn't ran, that Mike drew up for that game. Bill's a helluva coach we hadn't ran them the whole year [and the Patriots were ready for them]." And the only time that Rams practiced those plays? At the walkthrough.
    Mike Martz is like Henry Winkler in Waterboy (before Coach Beaulieu stole his playbook)-- all his new plays are good for a TD. Unless, of course, the other team is cheating.

I can't believe you guys still obsess over this stuff. Spygate was almost 6 years ago. The Super Bowl in question was 11 years ago.

The fact of the matter is that the Rams lost the Super Bowl because of the following reasons:

• The Pats smacked Bruce, Holt, and Faulk on every passing play and they didn't like to get hit. Back in 2001 rules, that was legal.
    • Mike Martz inexplicably forgot that Marshall Faulk was actually a pretty good RB and only ran him 17 times.

The Pats did what they did for most of the early 2000s. They were a hard hitting defense that beat up on finesse offenses like the Greatest Show on Turf. They beat up the Colts' offense the same way for the first half of last decade until the core of the Pats' defense got old or moved on.

Faulk is just a bitter man who can't accept that even though they had what they thought was a great game plan, the Pats just had a better one. It didn't take cheating for the Pats to assign Willie McGinest to follow Faulk and smack him on every play whether he got the ball or not.

As for the Spygate stuff. I ain't touching that anymore and leave it to Illuminati cabala of Bigfoot, Loch Ness, and the gunman in the grass knoll in their lair at Area 51 to break down some of these conspiracy theories propagated on this board.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 01-31-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    I can't believe you guys still obsess over this stuff. Spygate was almost 6 years ago. The Super Bowl in question was 11 years ago.

The fact of the matter is that the Rams lost the Super Bowl because of the following reasons:

• The Pats smacked Bruce, Holt, and Faulk on every passing play and they didn't like to get hit. Back in 2001 rules, that was legal.
    • Mike Martz inexplicably forgot that Marshall Faulk was actually a pretty good RB and only ran him 17 times.

The Pats did what they did for most of the early 2000s. They were a hard hitting defense that beat up on finesse offenses like the Greatest Show on Turf. They beat up the Colts' offense the same way for the first half of last decade until the core of the Pats' defense got old or moved on.
    18-DOH

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    To do list:
    1. wake up
    2. troll
    3. coffee
    4. ????
    5. profit

Makes perfect sense for you, actually.

4. Take a big steamy dump. I'm as regular as the German train system.
    5. profit? If your meaning is that I make as much $$ while doing #4 than many here do in a week, you'd be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Yes, like the other SB wins where they supposedly 'cheated' which were all huge blowouts. IS that what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    So are telling me that if a team runs plays they have never run before they almost are always executed perfectly and the opposing team has no defense for it?

It seems to me the Pats' gameplan was perfect to counter anything that the Rams wanted to run. Again hitting Faulk on every down took no cheating whatsoever to come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    18-DOH

Never won 18 games in a season ever. Haven't won a Super Bowl since WATERGATE. Haven't been to a Super Bowl since WATERGATE. I mean 18-doh season by the Jets would put every since Jets player on that team in the Jets' HOF.

I don't get why Jets fans think 18-1 is such an insult since that would be the best season the Jets have had since before man walked on the moon.

Why not just state the Pats suck, but just not as bad as the Jets.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 01-31-2013 at 01:11 PM.

All League
    5. profit? If your meaning is that I make as much $$ while doing #4 than many here do in a week, you'd be correct.

nobody cares how much you make with your fetish website. my point was coming here is tops on your list.

and, you must be too old to get the joke re: "????/profit"

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So did many Yankees on the recent World Series teams, bagful of Lance Armstrongs the lot of them. Just cause they didn't fail a test doesn't mean they weren't juiced.

I don't see many calling for their titles to be all asterisked, although they certainly could warrant it.

There is no do over. They cheated, they won, it's done. A small vocal minority in New York won't change their legacy anymore than a small vocal minority in Boston might one day change the Yankees legacy over steroids.

Look forward. Not back IMO.
    Ortiz, Manny, Arroyo all cheated too. So yeah, they can't say anything about the Yankees anyway. Everyone juiced in baseball. Not everyone snuck into another teams walk thru and taped it.

Sorry dude... Real $ doesn't get flaunted... You at best have SAR $, which makes you barely eligible to live in Jersey...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Sorry dude... Real $ doesn't get flaunted... You at best have SAR $, which makes you barely eligible to live in Jersey...
    Nah, Sar flaunts his middle management 'success ' every chance he gets. I admit I got caught in Stanley's taunts. I've rarely mentioned money on this board.

All League
    Nah, Sar flaunts his middle management 'success ' every chance he gets. I admit I got caught in Stanley's taunts. I've rarely mentioned money on this board.
    wasn't a taunt, it was a joke. please don't buy and sell me.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Never won 18 games in a season ever. Haven't won a Super Bowl since WATERGATE. Haven't been to a Super Bowl since WATERGATE. I mean 18-doh season by the Jets would put every since Jets player on that team in the Jets' HOF.

I don't get why Jets fans think 18-1 is such an insult since that would be the best season the Jets have had since before man walked on the moon.

Why not just state the Pats suck, but just not as bad as the Jets.
    Yes it was a ****ty feeling watching the SB loss but I lol everytime I see Jets fans desperately trying to make it something to be ashamed of. What, you mean only one team won the SB that year and it wasn't the Pats who were the thus far undefeated AFC champs? It was a painful ending but a hell of a ride which beats yet another Jets painful season followed by a painful off season followed by a painful season followed by...

Also the 18 wins happened post spygate.