Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 288

Thread: BREAKING:MARSHALL FAULK CALLS OUT PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yep, that crime was worse than the Black Sox scandel.

    Taping from the sidelines instead of the press box is worse than throwing games for money.
    Bountygate was less bad than Spygate since it had zero impact on wins and losses.

    It's ridiculous that Belichick didn't get the penalties he did as well as be suspended for a year.

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He knew just how damaging they were. He knew that if a lawsuit was filed as a result they could be used as clear cut evidence of misconduct that could get the league in big trouble.

    I'm surprised that an organization is or was allowed to destroy something that could become evidence in later actions.
    This!!!!!

    Are the rest of you INSANE!!!!!

    People, especially lawyers like Goddell don't just destroy evidence that would exonerate a team and make the NFL look Good!!!!!

    Good Grief!!!!

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

    Bountygate was less bad than Spygate since it had zero impact on wins and losses.
    Yep, having a HC and DC encouraging their players to purposely injure opposing players and then paying them to do so is "less bad" than taping opponents from the sidelines rather than the press box.

  4. #64
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Marshall Faulk: 'I'll never be over being cheated out of Super Bowl'
    Jan 30
    1/30/2013 9:24:28 AM

    ]"


    "I understand Bill (Belichick) is a great coach," said Faulk. "But No. 13 (Kurt Warner) will tell you. Mike Martz will tell you. We had some plays in the red zone that we hadn't ran. I think we got to fourth down -- we ran three plays that we hadn't ran, that Mike drew up for that game - Bill's a helluva coach . . . we hadn't ran them the whole year (and the Patriots were ready for them)." Faulk stated that the only time those plays were practiced were at the walk-through.


    http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...-/Default.aspx
    Does he understand that the whole taping of the Rams walk through was a figment of a reporters imagination, who had to retract the whole story and admit he had no evidence when he wrote the story, and the story was made up. Walsh, said he never taped it, (and this is a guy, who at no point was looking to cover up anything) and he knew of no one else in the org who taped it, and he would have know if there was a tape of it. Goddell who overreacted to begin with stated he never saw a tape, and not one shred of evidence was ever proved of a walk through tape existed.

    Faulk does even understand what the Pats were fined for, what the violations actually were. He did not know that the reported had to retract the story, and how the Herald admitted the story had no basis.

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Island of Sodor
    Posts
    6,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yep, having a HC and DC encouraging their players to purposely injure opposing players and then paying them to do so is "less bad" than taping opponents from the sidelines rather than the press box.
    Why are you arguing with the JI trolls?

  6. #66
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    It never fails, you Patriot trolls will never stop defending BB.
    I say get over it and move on.
    happy reading.
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sport...thout-cheating

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marshall actually played the game.

    Marshall knows the difference between knowing how a play is defensed or not.

    If he believes that (due to the coincidental story) the Pats did in fact video tape the walk through and (due to his years of HOF experience) comes to the conclusion that it's the reason that those 3 brand new plays were completely defensed which wouldn't have been possible otherwise...

    Well then I'm going to believe Marshall and not a bunch of sissy apologists. They cheated. No one else was doing it. Get over it. And it's funny you say that the other coaches admitted to doing the same thing because I've never read one report that said as much... and EVEN if they did say it how would they know when they weren't able to actually see EXACTLY what the Pats were doing?

    Logic and reasoning ability doesn't exist with you people.

  8. #68
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So did many Yankees on the recent World Series teams, bagful of Lance Armstrongs the lot of them. Just cause they didn't fail a test doesn't mean they weren't juiced.

    I don't see many calling for their titles to be all asterisked, although they certainly could warrant it.

    There is no do over. They cheated, they won, it's done. A small vocal minority in New York won't change their legacy anymore than a small vocal minority in Boston might one day change the Yankees legacy over steroids.

    Look forward. Not back IMO.
    and when the small vocal minority in Boston speak, just say "Manny"

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangini and Belichick were just about to kiss and make up and now they're back to square one again...What a shame...😝

  10. #70
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Marshall actually played the game.

    Marshall knows the difference between knowing how a play is defensed or not.

    If he believes that (due to the coincidental story) the Pats did in fact video tape the walk through and (due to his years of HOF experience) comes to the conclusion that it's the reason that those 3 brand new plays were completely defensed which wouldn't have been possible otherwise...
    Right. And he has no incentive to be self-delusional in an attempt to explain away why he blew his last chance to win a Super Bowl against a clearly inferior team.

  11. #71
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Right. And he has no incentive to be self-delusional in an attempt to explain away why he blew his last chance to win a Super Bowl against a clearly inferior team.
    I'll tell you who has more incentive to be delusional....

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yep, having a HC and DC encouraging their players to purposely injure opposing players and then paying them to do so is "less bad" than taping opponents from the sidelines rather than the press box.
    But why destroy the evidence in Spygate but not in Bountygate?

    That's the one thing no one has been able to explain.

    The NFL keeps records of everything but in this solitary situation, for a reason Goodell refuses to provide, he decides to destroy the evidence.

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sure it is, unless you think the Pats were the only team who flaunted taping rules.
    No, it's not. It's an absurd comparison.

    The Pats taped the Rams walkthrough in the SB.

    Did the Rams do the same? Did the Rams tape the Pats practices.

    Unless your answer is "yes" your whole argument gets blown up.

    That said, I agree with you that Spygate doesn't matter now. What's interesting is that PLAYERS are the ones who keep bringing it up.

  14. #74
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

    The Pats taped the Rams walkthrough in the SB.
    Please call John Tomase ASAP. He would like his reputation back.

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'll tell you who has more incentive to be delusional....
    Since the Patriots have the hardware and not Faulk and his overrated team, I would respectfully disagree.

  16. #76
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yep, having a HC and DC encouraging their players to purposely injure opposing players and then paying them to do so is "less bad" than taping opponents from the sidelines rather than the press box.
    The walkthrough was taped from the press box, nice try, though

  17. #77
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Since the Patriots have the hardware and not Faulk and his overrated team, I would respectfully disagree.
    Last I checked Faulk has the hardware from 1999.

  18. #78
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Good. Anytime Spygate gets any exposure I am happy.

    We need to hold Goodell just as responsible as the Pats. The coverup is just as bad, if not worse, than the crime.
    Yes, and it is criminal.

  19. #79
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing how some posters continue to miss the point on this issue.

    The patriots were warned by several teams to stop filming the opposing sidelines. It was not just the Jets and Mangini who complained. Other teams including the packers and lions all threatened to expose them if they did not stop. If all of the other teams were doing it, as some here have driveled, how could they realistically complain to the commissioner?

    Again, this issue is most certainly not just a Jets issue; Rams fans have a right to be upset (just think about the Rams fans who spent thousands on going to that Super Bowl only to see a fraudulent product). Anyone who competed against the patriots, directly or indirectly, were affected by their cheating.

    And again, if the Patriots did nothing wrong how do you explain the denials and destroyed tapes? What would be the need to do either? How do you explain the severe fines and loss of draft picks?
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 01-30-2013 at 04:16 PM.

  20. #80
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    But why destroy the evidence in Spygate but not in Bountygate?

    That's the one thing no one has been able to explain.

    The NFL keeps records of everything but in this solitary situation, for a reason Goodell refuses to provide, he decides to destroy the evidence.
    Yep.

    Better to destroy the tape then deal with the real problem.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us