Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 288

Thread: BREAKING:MARSHALL FAULK CALLS OUT PATRIOTS FOR CHEATING

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So did many Yankees on the recent World Series teams, bagful of Lance Armstrongs the lot of them. Just cause they didn't fail a test doesn't mean they weren't juiced.

    I don't see many calling for their titles to be all asterisked, although they certainly could warrant it.

    There is no do over. They cheated, they won, it's done. A small vocal minority in New York won't change their legacy anymore than a small vocal minority in Boston might one day change the Yankees legacy over steroids.

    Look forward. Not back IMO.
    Of course, the massive difference in your point is that those same vocal minority in Boston can have their own titles tossed back at them (Manny and Papi), so they don't have grounds to stand on. On the other hand, whether or not "everyone was doing it" in football, there is zero evidence to support anything other than the Pats having done it.

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sports = Violent Crime now?

    Like I said, your whining will carry ALOT more intellectual weight if you concurrently call for the Yankees to be stripped of all World series titles they won during the Steroid Era, or at at time they had a reported steroid user on their roster than was material to the wins.

    Since we know you won;t do that, stop whining. They're not going to award a vacated Pats* Super Bowl to the Jets in any case, so who cares. Especially since Mangini was absolutely doing it as well (only a dunce would think he didn't bring that Bellichek tactic with him).

  3. #23
    This really doesn't matter.

    The Patriots dynasty doesn't exist anymore. They haven't won the Super Bowl in nearly a decade.

    We don't need to keep bringing it back up.

    And Pats fans shouldn't care about this. Their own team has problems.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Of course, the massive difference in your point is that those same vocal minority in Boston can have their own titles tossed back at them (Manny and Papi), so they don't have grounds to stand on. On the other hand, whether or not "everyone was doing it" in football, there is zero evidence to support anything other than the Pats having done it.
    So when Mike Ditka, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher admitted on national TV they did the exact same thing that is considered zero evidence that others teams did it?

    Got it.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sports = Violent Crime now?

    Like I said, your whining will carry ALOT more intellectual weight if you concurrently call for the Yankees to be stripped of all World series titles they won during the Steroid Era, or at at time they had a reported steroid user on their roster than was material to the wins.

    Since we know you won;t do that, stop whining. They're not going to award a vacated Pats* Super Bowl to the Jets in any case, so who cares. Especially since Mangini was absolutely doing it as well (only a dunce would think he didn't bring that Bellichek tactic with him).
    What I call for does not change what did or did not take place. Eric Mangini probability of guilt during his time in New England does not change what did or did not take place during that Super Bowl. By that logic an investigator could never use a street snitch to aid an investigation.

    PS: theft is not a violent crime unless it involves other components like assault or armed robbery.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In The Cone of Doom
    Posts
    7,035
    Trust me, if this is all there was to winning a super bowl, every staff would be doing it. Faulk says everything the tin hats want to hear so enjoy and stay bitter. Somehow him (and the team, including Warner & Martz) sucking really bad that day is lost in the noise of his whining. Pats never should have won that day even if they drugged the coaching staff but the choke job that the Rams did is legendary and deserves all the disdain and criticism there is heaped on them, especially Faulk, Warner, and Martz.
    Last edited by The Boston Patriot; 01-30-2013 at 12:21 PM.

  7. #27
    If the Patriots did nothing wrong why lie about what they did?

    If the Patriots did nothing wrong why did the league feel the need to destroy the tapes?

    If the Patriots did nothing wrong why were there fines given to the head coach and organization?

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,137
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So when Mike Ditka, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher admitted on national TV they did the exact same thing that is considered zero evidence that others teams did it?

    Got it.
    A coach standing on the sideline and taking notice of a teams hand signals and unraveling them is simply smart coaching.

    Having a guy on the payroll whose sole purpose is to sit in the stands, film a teams sideline while panning up to the scoreboard for down and distance is something entirely different.

    Of course the Pats cheated.

    Why would they risk massive fines, loss of draft picks, etc for something that wasn't giving them an advantage?

    Why? Just for sh*ts and giggles?

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So did many Yankees on the recent World Series teams, bagful of Lance Armstrongs the lot of them. Just cause they didn't fail a test doesn't mean they weren't juiced.

    I don't see many calling for their titles to be all asterisked, although they certainly could warrant it.

    There is no do over. They cheated, they won, it's done. A small vocal minority in New York won't change their legacy anymore than a small vocal minority in Boston might one day change the Yankees legacy over steroids.

    Look forward. Not back IMO.
    That's a ridiculous analogy because multiple players on multiple teams are juiced. You can't say the winner of a WS gets an * for cheating because they used PEDs when their opponent also used PEDs.

    The Pats situation is different. One side cheated and the other didn't.

  10. #30
    If American society had more than a 7th grade maturity level, it would be the Patriots who are consistently a laughingstock and media punching bag rather than the Jets.

    Patriots needed to cheat to win. Then got caught. Then haven't won since.

    Instead the Jets are a "laughingstock" because of potty humor: foot fetishes, tattoos, and butt fumbles. This is the crap most sub 100 IQ Americans just eat up. Nobody can seemingly comprehend that a botched attempt at building a dynasty based on cheating has far more intrinsic humor than a bunch of superficial transient potty jokes.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    gainesville ga
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    If the Patriots did nothing wrong why lie about what they did?

    If the Patriots did nothing wrong why did the league feel the need to destroy the tapes?

    If the Patriots did nothing wrong why were there fines given to the head coach and organization?

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Of course, the massive difference in your point is that those same vocal minority in Boston can have their own titles tossed back at them (Manny and Papi), so they don't have grounds to stand on. On the other hand, whether or not "everyone was doing it" in football, there is zero evidence to support anything other than the Pats having done it.
    Exactly. Multiple players on the "magical" 2004 Sox teams were juiced. So were their opponents in the Cards, Yanks, and A's.

    But now people are trying to use the false equivelence of that in arguing for the Pats? Ridiculous. The Rams weren't taping the Patriots' SB walk through.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So when Mike Ditka, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher admitted on national TV they did the exact same thing that is considered zero evidence that others teams did it?

    Got it.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So did many Yankees on the recent World Series teams, bagful of Lance Armstrongs the lot of them. Just cause they didn't fail a test doesn't mean they weren't juiced.

    I don't see many calling for their titles to be all asterisked, although they certainly could warrant it.

    There is no do over. They cheated, they won, it's done. A small vocal minority in New York won't change their legacy anymore than a small vocal minority in Boston might one day change the Yankees legacy over steroids.

    Look forward. Not back IMO.
    Really? You're an idiot... Boston was filled with juicers. Yup, only the Yankees were on the Mitchell Report. I'm surprised they don't call it the "Yankees Report".

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Exactly. Multiple players on the "magical" 2004 Sox teams were juiced. So were their opponents in the Cards, Yanks, and A's.

    But now people are trying to use the false equivelence of that in arguing for the Pats? Ridiculous. The Rams weren't taping the Patriots' SB walk through.
    Leave Warfish alone, he's obviously confused.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    A coach standing on the sideline and taking notice of a teams hand signals and unraveling them is simply smart coaching.

    Having a guy on the payroll whose sole purpose is to sit in the stands, film a teams sideline while panning up to the scoreboard for down and distance is something entirely different.

    Of course the Pats cheated.

    Why would they risk massive fines, loss of draft picks, etc for something that wasn't giving them an advantage?
    BB's arrogance.

    He just thought he could just ignore the league-wide memo that came out outlinning where and where not you can tape from.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    One tale the Globe story previews is New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's reaction to the team's 2007 "Spygate" taping scandal.

    "How much did this help us on a scale of 1 to 100?" Kraft reportedly asked Patriots coach Bill Belichick when the story came to light.

    "One," Belichick replied.

    "Then you're a real schmuck," Kraft said he told Belichick

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...ygate/1697287/

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why would they risk massive fines, loss of draft picks, etc for something that wasn't giving them an advantage?

    Why? Just for sh*ts and giggles?
    They didn't know what the penalty was going to be until after it was imposed. If they had known in advance that the rule they were breaking would be enforced and knew the penalty would be Kenny Phillips and $750,000, I suspect that they would have stopped immediately.

  18. #38
    Who cares about the Patriots? They'll never win again without Spygate.

    Every Patriots fan knows that they are still going for their first superbowl since Parcells.

    It's like using a video game cheat to beat your older brother. Yeah, you won - but in your heart of hearts, you know you didn't really win.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    if they wanted us to shut up about what happened, show us the tapes. Don't burn 'em."

    that about sums it up.
    Most Pats fans I know are as pissed over the destruction of the tapes as Jets fans. Just for different reasons. If the tapes still existed they would exonerate the Pats, as I believe they would show exactly what we've already seen, filming signals, down, distance and formation from the sideline (illegal) instead of from an authorized location like the coaches box (not only legal, but REQUIRED by league rules).


    Supposedly Jay Glaser still has his copies. Like to see those made public.


    And Faulk? What a crybaby loser.

  20. #40
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,405
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    If Faulk thinks that the Patriots cheated because they stopped some plays that were only revealed in a walkthrough that there is ZERO evidence was ever taped (in fact the Boston Herald was forced to retract its false story to the contrary), then whiner is the kindest label he deserves.
    And why do you suppose that is?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us