Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Niners send anti-gay player home from SB

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Tebow's not gay, but if he was YOU are the dumba$$ in 2013 who just did some gay-bashing in 2 posts.

STFU.
    If Tebow was gay he would lose 90% of his fans. All of a sudden there would be a lot more people saying how he's not a good QB. The ironic thing is that these southern Christians, as do I, worship a man who was all about tolerance and they are some of the most intolerant people in this country.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sexualty is a private matter. Don't ask, don't tell.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares!! If he doesn't like gay people then he doesn't have to like gay people. Its his right to voice that opinion. We still have rights I think. The government hasn't stripped all of them from us yet?? I'm sure after guns speech will be next.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Who cares!! If he doesn't like gay people then he doesn't have to like gay people. Its his right to voice that opinion. We still have rights I think. The government hasn't stripped all of them from us yet?? I'm sure after guns speech will be next.
    I don't totally understand this argument. No one is throwing him in jail for his comments. He has every right to voice his opinion, and people have every right to criticize him for making anti-gay comments.

Free Speech simply means that you are free to say what you want without government interference (very roughly). You are not protected from other people commenting on your speech.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Freedom of Speech is not Freedom from Backlash. If you wan't to say something dumb, we won't stop you. Don't get mad when we give you negative feedback.

Also, don't forget to put on your tinfoil hat.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was not te brightest thing to say but why the uproar? He only said what MANY (not I) feel....can't nail him to the ctoss for being honest.....we live in a very hypocrytical society.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Who knew that Artie Lang would get the most provocative quote out of a Player. The Niners are going to have to cut him for hometown PR reasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--re...190346715.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to free speech? When a player refuses to stay when anthem is playing, suddenly it is not a big deal. When someone says exactly what 90% of players will think (and some can of course disagree)- it is suddenly a scandal and subject to dismissal.
    Liberals and PC police have pussified this great country.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    What happened to free speech?
    I don't know! Great question though.

I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms over the fact that this player has been indefinitely detained by the government in Guantanamo Bay where he's being forced at gunpoint to watch lavish musicals as part of a reeducation program.

Oh wait, he isn't. Because the government didn't do ****. Because of Freedom of Speech.

There's no 'Freedom from getting negative public feedback because I ran my mouth off about a divisive topic.'

There's no 'Freedom from being fired from my job because my public actions made my employer look stupid.'

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I don't know! Great question though.

I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms over the fact that this player has been indefinitely detained by the government in Guantanamo Bay where he's being forced at gunpoint to watch lavish musicals as part of a reeducation program.

Oh wait, he isn't. Because the government didn't do ****. Because of Freedom of Speech.

There's no 'Freedom from getting negative public feedback because I ran my mouth off about a divisive topic.'

There's no 'Freedom from being fired from my job because my public actions made my employer look stupid.'
    Hey terrorist-supporting pasterisks troll -go croll under the bridge to "service your clients" (is this a politically correct way to explain what you do to homeless gays under the bridge?)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy how the *******s always expose themselves once stories like this come out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey terrorist-supporting pasterisks troll -go croll under the bridge to "service your clients" (is this a politically correct way to explain what you do to homeless gays under the bridge?)
    With the money I make blowing hobos I was able to get enough of an education to know what the **** 'Freedom of Speech' actually means instead of being one of the throngs of internet dumbasses who always pipe up about 'freedom of speech' all because some idiot is getting rightly called out for saying stupid ****.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    See how you just stated those dumb comments that a lot of people will hate and give you negative feedback on but guess what, you're not going to get arrested for stating your opinion. It just exposes you for what you are, a bigoted as*hole. Just like it exposed Culliver. You have freedom of speech and we have freedom to think you're a low life redneck hill billy on the down low. That's the greatness of America.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to free speech?.
    Nothing. He didnt get thrown in the gulag

Get down on your knees and kiss America Borat!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Freedom of Speech is not Freedom from Backlash. If you wan't to say something dumb, we won't stop you. Don't get mad when we give you negative feedback.

Also, don't forget to put on your tinfoil hat.
    True. This is just a stupid thread like many posted on this site.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I actually knew Chris Culliver personally in college.....He was a really humble and reserved kinda guy. I actually met him playing pickup football and he just simply said his name was "Chris" and just acted like a normal person which is kinda rare for a football star at a big school

He was definitely a Southern Christian and very religious too which is probably where this comes from....

Very dumb thing to say, especially in San Fran, but people's ignorant opinions really don't affect me.....Who cares
    That explains the tats and the tight uniform.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Tebow's not gay, but if he was YOU are the dumba$$ in 2013 who just did some gay-bashing in 2 posts.

STFU.
    Yes he is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy couldn't form a proper sentence yesterday. The 49ers should have dumbed down the apology if they wanted us to think it was from him.

The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel.
    'It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.'

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously cannot believe people are calling for him to be suspended from the game, but not a word about Ray Double Slay, except maybe possibly about PED's, but not murder.

WEIRD PRIORITIES!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    The guy couldn't form a proper sentence yesterday. The 49ers should have dumbed down the apology if they wanted us to think it was from him.

The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel.
    'It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.'
    Actually, that's pretty damn stupid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I seriously cannot believe people are calling for him to be suspended from the game, but not a word about Ray Double Slay, except maybe possibly about PED's, but not murder.

WEIRD PRIORITIES!!!!!
    Dunno about the Ray argument, but suspending the 9er from the game is kinda dumb. Yeah, he said something dumb, but that's no reason to take the biggest day in his pro-football career away from him.