Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

Thread: What happened to Vladimir Ducasse

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    It's funny, 90% of this board hated the idea of Pierre-Paul because his production didn't match his measurables and there was a lot of Gholston comparisons being thrown around.
    I have a good friend and a client in Tampa, so I go there 3 times a year. Saw JPP quite a lot.

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was early based on his play senior bowl week. if you remember that week kept switching him back and forth from guard to tackle. I think the jets thought that if he would have stayed at one position he would have performed better. I thought it put him in the 4th rd for sure.

  3. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bust or not, with two FA guards, unless the Jets draft Chance at 9, odds are Vlad will be a starter next season.

    In all fairness he seems to be a decent run blocker. Passing game not so much. This is interesting in view of the fact that the Jets will be running a WCO next season.

    Oh well

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    He was a 6th round longshot project picked in the 2nd round.

    Criticism for this selection is 100% legitimate.
    Completely inaccurate. Tony Pauline projected him in the 4th. The majority of other draft sites had him as a 2nd-3rd. Gil Brandt ranked him around the #45 prospect. Leading up to the draft Mayock speculated Dallas taking him in the 1st

    If you watched him play this season his run blocking was very good! His pass blocking was inconsistent

    Going forward the question is with the Jets employing the WCO if the Jets go back to primarily a zone blocking scheme. Can Vlad adapt back to that, is a zone blocking scheme translate better or worse for his game.

  5. #45
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been hoping for Warmack too but recently this guy came to my attention and if we can get him in the 2nd round I think we should.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../barrett-jones

    Since redshirting for the Tide in 2008, Barrett Jones has simply started 49 of the past 53 games, earning action at right guard (25 starts), center (14) left tackle (10).

    If we grab him then Vlad can remain as a depth player and our oline is all set going forward.

  6. #46
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    He just got inducted into the UMASS football HOF.

    He is an example of a pick that the average JETS/football fan would never make based on his natural ability. To the eye he is slow and confused looking on the field.

    He brings the skills of an undrafted free agent yet we waste a 2 on him.


    Someone labels him a development player and well..fish...meet lure.
    If you're gonna take a project guy, then take him from one of the big fish, like 'Bama, Michigan, Georgia, etc. If you HAVE TO pick up a guy from the Northeast, you're better off with Syracuse, Penn State, Pitt or Rutgers. Maybe, MAYBE B.C.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    If you're gonna take a project guy, then take him from one of the big fish, like 'Bama, Michigan, Georgia, etc. If you HAVE TO pick up a guy from the Northeast, you're better off with Syracuse, Penn State, Pitt or Rutgers. Maybe, MAYBE B.C.
    I have posted that a MILLION times only to be given the "experts had him at late 2nd etc...

    I would rather have a solid OL man from IOWA or NEbraska than a project from the Atlantic 10. neither with a 2nd round pick.
    See my good friend CMARTs post about 5 above this. Defending the experts with logic.

    My eye doesn't deceive. he is fat and slow.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Experts???? I really question these guys.

    You and I, in a dark bar, after a few pints, could see this guy was a LONG SHOT!

    Add to that the lack of real competition at UMASS.

    LOOK AT HIS PLAY..... he looks clueless out there and puts your QB at risk.
    You question Gil Brandt as an expert or Mayock?

    Gil Brandt has forgot (and if you listen to him today he hasn't forgot much) more football than anyone on this site knows

  9. #49
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He speaks English very well actually. He has been in this country sense 2002.
    classic.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    You question Gil Brandt as an expert or Mayock?

    Gil Brandt has forgot (and if you listen to him today he hasn't forgot much) more football than anyone on this site knows
    Im just having fun...trust me, I have learned a bit from your analysis.

    This is one I simply shake my head at.

    I see your point VERY CLEARLY.

    I feel the same way about Glennon. NO WAY he should be even a 2nd round pick IMO. Experts disagree.

    Be kool. back to tax season for me.

  11. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the obvious QB fiasco Tanny has screwed up like any other team in drafting but I dont believe he's reached much in the draft. Ducasse wasn't a reach people.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  12. #52
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    18,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I have posted that a MILLION times only to be given the "experts had him at late 2nd etc...

    I would rather have a solid OL man from IOWA or NEbraska than a project from the Atlantic 10. neither with a 2nd round pick.
    See my good friend CMARTs post about 5 above this. Defending the experts with logic.

    My eye doesn't deceive. he is fat and slow.
    I'd rather have a good football player, above all else. They come from everywhere. We can find a diamond in the rough in DeVito from Maine, just like we can find sh!t on a stick from Ohio State in Gholston.

    Its easy to sling arrows after the fact. Joe Flacco went to Delaware. He's now playing in the Super Bowl.

    It was a bad pick. Not because he went to UMass. It was a bad pick because he, so far, hasn't done ****.

    Cecil Shorts is turning into a fantastic football player and he went to Mount Airy Lodge (Union) for College.

    Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

  13. #53
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'd rather have a good football player, above all else. They come from everywhere. We can find a diamond in the rough in DeVito from Maine, just like we can find sh!t on a stick from Ohio State in Gholston.

    Its easy to sling arrows after the fact. Joe Flacco went to Delaware. He's now playing in the Super Bowl.

    It was a bad pick. Not because he went to UMass. It was a bad pick because he, so far, hasn't done ****.

    Cecil Shorts is turning into a fantastic football player and he went to Mount Airy Lodge (Union) for College.

    Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.
    It was a bad pick as soon as they uttered his name. So many people were scratching their heads, including most everyone on this board. That's what's so frustrating for us fans, when we can see a bad pick a MILE away, and they, "the experts" don't.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    It was a bad pick as soon as they uttered his name. So many people were scratching their heads, including most everyone on this board. That's what's so frustrating for us fans, when we can see a bad pick a MILE away, and they, "the experts" don't.
    YOU are just a stupid bean counter. leave it to the experts.....


    That's exactly my point.

    Marino, SAPP and countless others that our FO thought were not the best choice.

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    It was a bad pick as soon as they uttered his name. So many people were scratching their heads, including most everyone on this board. That's what's so frustrating for us fans, when we can see a bad pick a MILE away, and they, "the experts" don't.
    I'm guessing most people on this board didn't know a thing about him when he was picked thus the outcry. Otherwise we have alot of people on this board that should be applying for scouting jobs

  16. #56
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    18,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'm guessing most people on this board didn't know a thing about him when he was picked thus the outcry. Otherwise we have alot of people on this board that should be applying for scouting jobs
    This. And, anything they did know about him, was read from....wait for it......

    One of the "experts".

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    YOU are just a stupid bean counter. leave it to the experts.....


    That's exactly my point.

    Marino, SAPP and countless others that our FO thought were not the best choice.
    And there is nobody currently in the Jets FO that had a thing to do with the Marino, Sapp, Kyle Brady picks. So I don't see any correlation. You are again lumping your 40 yr history and frustration in with the current FO that have been with the Jets only the past 10 yrs or so.

  18. #58
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    This. And, anything they did know about him, was read from....wait for it......

    One of the "experts".
    I think the vast majority of us posters also watch as much tape (granted it's limited) as we can find and trust our own eyes. I find myself disagreeing with many writeups once I've seen the tape.

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not talented enough to play well at the NFL level against the best of the best. That's all it is.

  20. #60
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,929
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He will be a starting Guard this year. For better or worse.
    Then we're definitely going 4-12 next season. You need a good pass protector at RG and Suckasse can't pass block Courtney Brown with one leg sawed off. Center usually helps out the LG to protect blindside so the RG is usually left on isolation with a DT and quite often a blitzer.


    Draft Warmack PLEASE

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us