Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 157

Thread: Time to Vomit; Jets passed on hiring Jim Harbaugh

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    cute analogy but it does not work.

    The Jets had a vacancy for their head coaching position. They chose Rex Ryan over other candidates who were available at the time. One of them was Jim Harbaugh. If Ryan gets fired in 12 months (very possible) and harbaugh wins the Super Bowl on Sunday (very possible), the franchise's decision to hire Ryan will be looked at as a mistake.
    Every team that didn't win the super bowl this year made mistakes. Every team that passed on Kaepernick made a mistake. Every team that passed on Aldon made a mistake. Every team that passed on Vernon Davis made a mistake. etc..

    Its just an idiotic way of viewing things.

  2. #42
    Enough!

    If the Jets hired Jim, he would've failed just like every other Jets HC we've gone through year after year after year....


    Jim was successful because he was NOT hired by the Jets but by an organization that actually(in a way) knew what the fuk it was doing.....I think.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Every team that didn't win the super bowl this year made mistakes. Every team that passed on Kaepernick made a mistake. Every team that passed on Aldon made a mistake. Every team that passed on Vernon Davis made a mistake. etc..

    Its just an idiotic way of viewing things.
    wins and losses matter as does the choices that are made.

    Every team did not need a QB when Kaepernick was available just like every team did not need a head coach when Harbaugh was available.

    You are correct to say that every team that is not in the super bowl made mistakes but its a little easier to swallow those mistakes if you are part of a franchise that has won recently.

  4. #44
    IJF's Next Thread: We Could Have Drafted Marino and Jerry Rice!!!!!!



    How about we talk about 2013?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    cute analogy but it does not work.

    The Jets had a vacancy for their head coaching position. They chose Rex Ryan over other candidates who were available at the time. One of them was Jim Harbaugh. If Ryan gets fired in 12 months (very possible) and harbaugh wins the Super Bowl on Sunday (very possible), the franchise's decision to hire Ryan will be looked at as a mistake.
    wah. No regrets.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,762
    Who cares?

    Christ, you people love to wallow in misery, don't you?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Enough!

    If the Jets hired Jim, he would've failed just like every other Jets HC we've gone through year after year after year....


    Jim was successful because he was NOT hired by the Jets but by an organization that actually(in a way) knew what the fuk it was doing.....I think.



    WOW!! Vin, you have come a LONG WAY!

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who cares?

    Christ, you people love to wallow in misery, don't you?
    +1

    Surprised these people stop there. Why not ***** about every person we passed over in the draft that went on to do great things.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Enough!

    If the Jets hired Jim, he would've failed just like every other Jets HC we've gone through year after year after year....


    Jim was successful because he was NOT hired by the Jets but by an organization that actually(in a way) knew what the fuk it was doing.....I think.
    Like when they kicked Braylon to the curb??

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,820
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

    WOW!! Vin, you have come a LONG WAY!
    I always knew he had some SOJF in him.

  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,298
    I have to wonder how this is news to the OP? It was reported back in 2009 when the Jets interviewed him. There were threads on JI about it at the time.

    I guess a slow news day is a good enough reason as any to start a SOJ thread.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    IJF's Next Thread: We Could Have Drafted Marino and Jerry Rice!!!!!!



    How about we talk about 2013?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I have to wonder how this is news to the OP? It was reported back in 2009 when the Jets interviewed him. There were threads on JI about it at the time.

    I guess a slow news day is a good enough reason as any to start a SOJ thread.
    The OP does not remember what days are garbage days let alone the thread topics on the forum in 2009.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,674
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Would Rex ever have made the switch to Kaepernick from Smith? Rex could barely bring himself to bench Sanchez.
    If Kaepernick were on the Jets, he would have made the switch. There was no one better behind Sanchez, deal with it!

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,674
    The Jets were burned at least twice with inexperienced coaches in Marino and Carroll. Passing on him in 2009 was very understandable. Two more years experience, he was more experienced and they might have hired him. Can't blame them for being cautious, it would have been Mangini and Caroll all over again.

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,298
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    The OP does not remember what days are garbage days let alone the thread topics on the forum in 2009.
    Well, there you go.

    If back in 2009 you weren't outraged about not hiring Harbaugh (and probably weren't even paying enough attention to know who he was or that he was even interviewed), then don't start hindsight threads complaining about it. It makes you look.. well, less than intelligent.

  17. #57
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,308
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    How do some of you function in life constantly looking in the rear view mirror?
    Sometimes rear view is nice





    Ljr

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    We also passed on drafting Brady. GRRRRRR!

    Seriously, who cares? Hindsight is always 20/20.
    We didn't draft Marino either.

    Or Montana.

    Or Ryan Leaf.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    We didn't draft Marino either.

    Or Montana.

    Or Ryan Leaf.
    Should have traded up for Leaf. WOULDA BEEN IN DA BOWL.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Well, there you go.

    If back in 2009 you weren't outraged about not hiring Harbaugh (and probably weren't even paying enough attention to know who he was or that he was even interviewed), then don't start hindsight threads complaining about it. It makes you look.. well, less than intelligent.
    When did it become the responsibility of the fan base to vet and account for every possible coaching candidate? Does the fact that some Jets fans do not know who David Shaw is make them unintelligent? The decision makers for the franchise are paid to get it right. Their jobs depend on the decisions that they make and there are consequences for making poor decisions. One of those decision makers was just fired for making poor choices that help to screw up the team.

    Look, we are all entitled to our own opinions; some fans see no problem with the franchise passing up Jim Harbaugh for Rex Ryan. I do see a problem and think its part of a larger problem that plagues this organization. The fact that it 2009 I was not aware of the potential Harbaugh had as a coach does not excuse the Jets for the choices they made. And by the way, why did Ozzie Newsome pass on hiring Rex Ryan when he had a choice between him and John Harbaugh (hint; its one of the reasons why Rex was so attractive to Woody Johnson)?

    At the end of the day, we can agree to disagree. I love this team but I will not be a lacky lapping up the owner's propaganda like a sap.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 01-31-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us