Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to Vomit; Jets passed on hiring Jim Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    We also passed on drafting Brady. GRRRRRR!

Seriously, who cares? Hindsight is always 20/20.

Except when it's not hindsight. Like when we rejected Cowher because he wanted to bring in his own gm. Hindsight is rarely needed when it comes to woody johnson. His decisions are clearly stupid the moment they happen.

We can't say that Harbaugh would have been the same coach with the Jets, though. Those 2 years of success at Stanford with Andrew Luck may have influenced his style of coaching.

And also most of the Niners core was already there when Harbaugh arrived, Willis and Gore were already there.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 01-31-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Father was a well respected college coach who won a national championship. Brother just took the Ravens to the AFCCG the year before. He played in the NFL and was a HC in college. Clearly the pedigree was there.

But we choose the guy the Ravens passed over for a Special Teams coach.

But hey, we had PSLs to sell.
    Haters just going to hate and all the reason and logic in the world cannot change that.

Father was a well respected college coach who won a national championship. Brother just took the Ravens to the AFCCG the year before. He played in the NFL and was a HC in college. Clearly the pedigree was there.

But we choose the guy the Ravens passed over for a Special Teams coach.

But hey, we had PSLs to sell.
    Nailed it.

I always knew he had some SOJF in him.
    So why are you b****ing about it when you agree with this notion?

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Nailed it.
    Right. It's a business. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Except when it's not hindsight. Like when we rejected Cowher because he wanted to bring in his own gm. Hindsight is rarely needed when it comes to woody johnson. His decisions are clearly stupid the moment they happen.
    When was this?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    If Kaepernick were on the Jets, he would have made the switch. There was no one better behind Sanchez, deal with it!
    And Rex is part of the reason why there wasn't.

Anyone that is sticking up for Rex now is just like the people that were sticking up for Sanchez last year. This time next year nearly all of them will be on board with getting rid of Rex.

Anyone that is sticking up for Rex now is just like the people that were sticking up for Sanchez last year. This time next year nearly all of them will be on board with getting rid of Rex.
    Actually wasn't it reported that Rex was interested in drafting Kaepernick at some point?

Bottom line is this: Winning record overall as a head coach, you can stay. Next year, he goes.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    So why are you b****ing about it when you agree with this notion?
    I'm not complaining about Vin. I like Vin.

I'm not complaining about Vin. I like Vin.
    No. I meant why are you complaining about the Jets not picking Harbaugh when you are set in the ideal that under the rules of SOJ, he would fail as the head coach?

Hall Of Fame
    Actually wasn't it reported that Rex was interested in drafting Kaepernick at some point?
    Yeah. Whenever a player pans out there will always be people saying that they liked him. Rex liked Kaep, Bradway liked Wilson. Somehow we ended up with Sanchez and Tebow.

I forgot. That was all Tanny's fault. He forced Tebow on Woody. It was reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    If Kaepernick were on the Jets, he would have made the switch. There was no one better behind Sanchez, deal with it!
    there is nothing in rex's history to say he would have made that change but we know when his QB was playing the worst in the league he would not even consider trying tebow or mccelroy even in garbage time down 30+ points where it made sense to get them reps

Hall Of Fame
    No. I meant why are you complaining about the Jets not picking Harbaugh when you are set in the ideal that under the rules of SOJ, he would fail as the head coach?
    I didn't say I agreed with that notion. I just said that Vin has a little SOJF in him and I think that it's funny when it comes out sometimes.

Yeah. Whenever a player pans out there will always be people saying that they liked him. Rex liked Kaep, Bradway liked Wilson. Somehow we ended up with Sanchez and Tebow.

I forgot. That was all Tanny's fault. He forced Tebow on Woody. It was reported.
    The problem is that PFT reported this in August, before Kaepernick went on his run. So either Rex is psychic or he's telling the truth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-colin-kaerp/

Your witness, counselor....

Hall Of Fame
    The problem is that PFT reported this in August, before Kaepernick went on his run. So either Rex is psychic or he's telling the truth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-colin-kaerp/
    I thought you were referring to the week we played SF. Rex mentioned Kaep a couple times during the pressers.

As for the PFT artice, Rex brought him up after watching him have a 70 yd TD run. If that didn't happen would he have brought him up? He was trying to defend or justify the wildcat. And not for nothing, but if he wanted him so bad they should have moved up to get him.

I am sure we have had scouts and coaches that liked every great player in the NFL when they were scouting them or interviewing them. But you only get credit for the ones you pick. Talk is cheap. And that is what Rex is good at.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I thought you were referring to the week we played SF. Rex mentioned Kaep a couple times during the pressers.

As for the PFT artice, Rex brought him up after watching him have a 70 yd TD run. If that didn't happen would he have brought him up? He was trying to defend or justify the wildcat. And not for nothing, but if he wanted him so bad they should have moved up to get him.

I am sure we have had scouts and coaches that liked every great player in the NFL when they were scouting them or interviewing them. But you only get credit for the ones you pick. Talk is cheap. And that is what Rex is good at.
    We didn't have a 2nd rd pick in 2011 what would you suggest we would have used??

Unless Rex has less power in the draft then we originally thought. In fact, I've been thinking about this. Is Rex the kind of guy who would do the wheeling and dealing that Mike Tannenbaum did? Would Rex have picked Ducasse in the second round?

And as Savage said, we didn't have a second round pick in 2011.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Unless Rex has less power in the draft then we originally thought. In fact, I've been thinking about this. Is Rex the kind of guy who would do the wheeling and dealing that Mike Tannenbaum did? Would Rex have picked Ducasse in the second round?

And as Savage said, we didn't have a second round pick in 2011.
    And with the 3rd we got Ellis,4th Powell. 5th Kerley no 6th and McElroy 7th..

All Pro

Speculation. There is more evidence to support the notion that he has little in the way of personnel decisions, rather than the other way around.