Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Time to Vomit; Jets passed on hiring Jim Harbaugh

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    O yes.....I'm certain that each team wishes they had Rex.

My bad.
    Yes, Harbaugh sure has the 49ers ready to play.

Shame on Rex for not being able to beat three SB winning QBs on the road in a row! Let's name the coaches who have . . .

Wait, there are none.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    With a LOT more talent. Lots. I'll go out on a limb and say a better coach would have crushed the RAvens - like they were expected to.
    Interestingly...I believe REX is a good coach. His ability to select talent and develop it is average at best. So the talent point, which I understand, is probably half Rex's fault.

He focus nothing on offense, and his picks on D are well below average. Again, I believe he pushed Tanny on several picks, cuts , waivers etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Yes, Harbaugh sure has the 49ers ready to play.

Shame on Rex for not being able to beat three SB winning QBs on the road in a row! Let's name the coaches who have . . .

Wait, there are none.
    Yeah.... On the road. Wonder why?

Average less than 9 wins regular season......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interestingly...I believe REX is a good coach. His ability to select talent and develop it is average at best. So the talent point, which I understand, is probably half Rex's fault.

He focus nothing on offense, and his picks on D are well below average. Again, I believe he pushed Tanny on several picks, cuts , waivers etc.
    Except Tony Pauline says otherwise . . .

Look, he may not be good at picking anything but DL (which he is VERY good at), but he can coach and develop talent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah.... On the road. Wonder why?

Average less than 9 wins regular season......
    How many teams play in a division where another team wins 12-16 games a year? Did you look at the NFC West last year? I'm sure the 2010 Jets couldn't have steamrolled that division.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many teams play in a division where another team wins 12-16 games a year? Did you look at the NFC West last year? I'm sure the 2010 Jets couldn't have steamrolled that division.
    Doesn't address the less than 9 wins on average.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Rex had very little to do with that. But we won't ever know for sure, or not for a long time. We do know he wanted no part of Stephen Hill and here is - so take it FWiW

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't address the less than 9 wins on average.
    Look at the 2011 and 2012 rosters. How many wins should he have gotten out of them?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Look, he may not be good at picking anything but DL (which he is VERY good at), but he can coach and develop talent.
    we have not see much in the way of a passrushing OLB developed by WRECKS in 4 years. What offensive talent has he developed? Half of the pie does not cut it. He is a headcoach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll leave that to CMART. He has convinced me that Rex does not develop well.

4 years.... Very few developed. Our pass rush is non existent.

Mo is stepping up.... Coples perhaps but our sacks are few and far between.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the 2011 and 2012 rosters. How many wins should he have gotten out of them?
    He is the HC. he has responsibility there too.

he has caused some of this. His buffoonery does not help either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    with areal QB at the helm? 9 maybe 10 wins

But he was loyal to his favorite QB and never bothered to really give anyone else much of a chance. Nor did he try to get a real QB to give Sanchez competition to make him better. The Tebow move is curious at best. Its not all on WRECKS but he is not as great as some make him out to be. The team came out FLAT in Pittsburgh after we beat NE a few years ago in the playoffs. We have not been much since then.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I think Rex had very little to do with that. But we won't ever know for sure, or not for a long time. We do know he wanted no part of Stephen Hill and here is - so take it FWiW
    I heard he wanted a D player. I believe Hill will be a good player eventually.

but we do not know the personnel side exactly. You are correct.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    we have not see much in the way of a passrushing OLB developed by WRECKS in 4 years. What offensive talent has he developed? Half of the pie does not cut it. He is a headcoach.
    I'm not sure which OLB should have been turned into a pass rusher? Vernon Gholston?

As far as offense goes, you still need talented players to "develop." You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Outside of Sanchez, I believe Stephen Hill is the only offensive player drafted in the first two rounds. And you can rip on Rex for not "developing" Sanchez, but it's well established that QBs with only one year starting experience in college bust.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

AGREED plus he created the circus atmosphere. He must be held responsible for that!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure which OLB should have been turned into a pass rusher? Vernon Gholston?

As far as offense goes, you still need talented players to "develop." You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Outside of Sanchez, I believe Stephen Hill is the only offensive player drafted in the first two rounds. And you can rip on Rex for not "developing" Sanchez, but it's well established that QBs with only one year starting experience in college bust.
    Try thinking out of the box and draft one! surprise, surprise! The Terminator was another wasted pick.

Again: surprise, surprise: You knew that QBs with only one year starting experience in college " bust" in the NFL. How come WRECKS did not know that and drafted the guy ?
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 02-03-2013 at 09:02 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

He still got about as many wins as you can get with those rosters.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try thinking out of the box and draft one! surprise, surprise! The Terminator was another wasted pick.
    Why don't you do us all a favor and list the pass rushing demons that he passed on?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Again: surprise, surprise: You knew that QBs with only one year starting experience in college " bust" in the NFL. How come WRECKS did not know that and drafted the guy ?
    Mike Tannenbaum made the pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He still got about as many wins as you can get with those rosters.
    Disagree..... We looked good against the PATS and Texans and lost the last 3 games to Tenn, SD and Buffalo. we beat ONE team in 2 years with a winning record. the 2010 draft was a complete waste.

Rex has plenty of faults...... Plenty.

If you burn the house, you don't get to excuse the rain.