Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Time to Vomit; Jets passed on hiring Jim Harbaugh

If the 49ers had come back to win, John Harbaugh would be on the hanging board for trying the fake FG in the 2nd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    If the 49ers had come back to win, John Harbaugh would be on the hanging board for trying the fake FG in the 2nd quarter.
    But he didn't, so he's a genius.

Same thing with Coughlin. He was 2 plays from not winning any Superbowls, but he won them both, so he's a good coach ().

You are what you are.

Rex is a (not so) fat loudmouth that coaches a good defensive team, with a piss-poor offense and manages to bring them to 6-10, so we have that to look forward to.

With the SF roster, Tranny would have extended the crappy players and over paid the good ones. Rex would have an Alex Smith tattoo and Tranny would have never drafted Kapernick because he had used so many picks to trade up for busts.

I live out here in the Bay Area, so I get my fill of Jim Harbaugh each and every week. He's a good coach. But he's got a little more work to do before I annoint him the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi.
    I tell you what's gonna wear real thin, real fast. That "chip on my shoulder, so I act like I'm pissed at everybody and coach that way" routine. I've never in my life seen a coach that b****es, cries, and whines as much as Harbaugh. Did you see him on the sidelines yesterday? Almost every damn play, he's crying about something. What a little b**** - he needs to be more like his brother - now that'sthe Harbaugh I wouldn't mind having.

Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I live out here in the Bay Area, so I get my fill of Jim Harbaugh each and every week. He's a good coach. But he's got a little more work to do before I annoint him the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi.
    I tell you what's gonna wear real thin, real fast. That "chip on my shoulder, so I act like I'm pissed at everybody and coach that way" routine. I've never in my life seen a coach that b****es, cries, and whines as much as Harbaugh. Did you see him on the sidelines yesterday? Almost every damn play, he's crying about something. What a little b**** - he needs to be more like his brother - now that'sthe Harbaugh I wouldn't mind having.
    And what's up with that f**king pen around the neck BS? Agree that he's impossible to watch with all his histrionics.

Where do you live in the Bay Area. I lived in Tiburon for about eight years.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    And what's up with that f**king pen around the neck BS? Agree that he's impossible to watch with all his histrionics.

Where do you live in the Bay Area. I lived in Tiburon for about eight years.
    Fairfield/Vacaville

Fairfield/Vacaville
    Cool. I really miss living out West.

Harbaugh strikes me as that guy who, if he was your friend growing up, you would just have to let win -- even if it means "throwing the game" -- so he wouldn't freak out. Wiffle ball, video games, HORSE ... whatever. dude is a spaz who can't handle losing at all. and he certainly didn't just learn that trait. guarantee he's been like that his whole life. bet he was a awesome guy to hang with back in high school.

Jets Insider VIP
    Makes sense...the Bravado that we experience here has absolutely worn thin. If they win...you deal with it. But I hear you loud and clear.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He's taking advantage of a short break in the game to conduct his aerobic workout. I loved the understatement (by either Nantz or Simms forget which) for once to comment - Looks like Coach Jim is a little upset.

McKayla Maroney was not impressed with Jim's *****assness.

Gotta say, Harbaugh is very animated

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Disagree..... We looked good against the PATS and Texans and lost the last 3 games to Tenn, SD and Buffalo. we beat ONE team in 2 years with a winning record. the 2010 draft was a complete waste.

Rex has plenty of faults...... Plenty.

If you burn the house, you don't get to excuse the rain.
    The fact that he had a ****ty team like the 2012 Jets going toe to toe with the Pats and Texans should tell you he's a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    DOOOONNNNNNNTTTTT CAAAAAARRRRRRREEEEEE!
    Yep move on people

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    The fact that he had a ****ty team like the 2012 Jets going toe to toe with the Pats and Texans should tell you he's a good coach.
    I have stated that he is a decent coach. Not enough to be a champion. he is too emotional, poor evaluator of talent and developer of talent.

Moreover to your point...the team did NOT quit on him.

he has averaged less than 9 wins in 4 years. That is who he is.

He put no emphasis on the QB. Left the position to Sparano? THAT is telling.

A real HC would never allow the most important position to be relegated like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I have stated that he is a decent coach. Not enough to be a champion. he is too emotional, poor evaluator of talent and developer of talent.

Moreover to your point...the team did NOT quit on him.

he has averaged less than 9 wins in 4 years. That is who he is.

He put no emphasis on the QB. Left the position to Sparano? THAT is telling.

A real HC would never allow the most important position to be relegated like he did.
    No, he's not "decent." He's a good coach. When Terrell Suggs and Ed Reed say you're a good coach, you're a good coach. Again, Tony Pauline said Rex is a good developer of talent. I like CMart, but he's not an NFL insider like Tony.

Is he a poor evaluator of talent? Yes. Is he too buddy-buddy with his players? Yes. But, there's no perfect coach out there. The Jets have the right guys in place to evaluate talent. Terry Bradway is GOOD. But, the GM needs to listen to him (e.g. Russell Wilson, not Tim Tebow).

And the QB was put into an ideal situation his first two years. The training wheels came off and he couldn't handle it. The other problem with the QB is that he's mentally weak and plays scared (the Ravens have said that Sanchez gets scared when he plays them -- just what you want to hear from an opposing team, huh?). No coach can fix that.