Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Example of Why (R) Will Keep Losing Elections

All Pro
    There are a large number of Americans who will never vote for the Republican Party because of its connection to the puritanical, socially repressive elements of society.

It's up to the GOP to change from within. The goal should be to lead and govern based on logical, non-emotional principals and raise intellectual discourse to another level. It has been at least 20 years since the GOP has been a legitimate party in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Bullspit, the GOP wounds are self inflicted, libs dont even have to help.
    Understood but.... The left , by design, uses race anytime it has an opportunity.

The repubs could easily shoot themselves without the left, I know.

but every time we talk budget cuts it's..they hate women.

Listen to a Pelosi or Reid comment lately?

Interestingly.... Hillary has been asked to lie down for men more than a whore.

Bills cheating, Benghaze..... Real women supporters those libs.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 01-31-2013 at 06:57 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Politics has become all about stifling the opposition instead of trying to excel yourself. The media is a big part of the problem and feeds into this perpetual cycle of negativity and ineffective governance.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Understood but.... The left , by design, uses race anytime it has an opportunity.

but every time we talk budget cuts it's..they hate women.

Listen to a Pelosi or Reid comment lately?

Interestingly.... Hillary has been asked to lie down for men more than a whore.

Bills cheating, Benghaze..... Real women supporters those lobs.
    Budget cuts that ignore DOD and go after planned parenthood?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...est=latestnews

In all seriousness, can (R) please, please, stop being obsessed with Homosexuality.

It's a loser issue. It becomes more of a loser issue with each passing day.

The only argument against gays is a religious one, not a civil law one.

If you can't see how this obsession, combined with equal obsessions over abortions, are losing issues for you.....well, enjoy greater and greater levels of defeat. The base who supports these are growing smaller each year, and dying off.

The youth, the people whose country this will be, support gays, and want abortions. Thats the facts.

Every mention of "legitimate rape" and each new bill designed to root out the "fags" only serves to make you look more and more outdated to the next generation fo voter.

And sadly, with that, so goes legitimate conservativism of the fiscal and defense variety.
    I'm part of the youth and don't support the murder of the unborn. Neither do many others... There are far more anti-abortion groups in college than there are pro-abortion groups.

In all seriousness, can (R) please, please, stop being obsessed with Homosexuality.

If you can't see how this obsession, combined with equal obsessions over abortions, are losing issues for you.....well, enjoy greater and greater levels of defeat. The base who supports these are growing smaller each year, and dying off.

The youth, the people whose country this will be, support gays, and want abortions. Thats the facts.

Every mention of "legitimate rape" and each new bill designed to root out the "fags" only serves to make you look more and more outdated to the next generation fo voter.

And sadly, with that, so goes legitimate conservativism of the fiscal and defense variety.
    I agree with you for the most part regarding gay rights. I don't think it's entirely a religious issue. But i think it's a losing issue, and not particularly important overall.

I think missing the point regarding abortion though. If you truly believe that an abortion involves the murder of a child, I don't believe you can just give up that issue for political power.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    There are a large number of Americans who will never vote for the Republican Party because of its connection to the puritanical, socially repressive elements of society.

It's up to the GOP to change from within. The goal should be to lead and govern based on logical, non-emotional principals and raise intellectual discourse to another level. It has been at least 20 years since the GOP has been a legitimate party in my eyes.
    I don't know if the GOP has the guts to separate itself from the religious right, what it calls its "base."

Rather than hoping the Republicans can separate themselves from the social conservatives, I am one hoping the libertarians can separate themselves from the GOP. There have been attempts to do so--Perot, Paul. GOP establishment went after both of them and smeared them as crackpots.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    I'm part of the youth and don't support the murder of the unborn. Neither do many others... There are far more anti-abortion groups in college than there are pro-abortion groups.
    Doubtful.

Maybe there are more "groups" as in organized groups of individuals associating as a club. But the amount, in sheer numbers, of students on campus who support abortion would dwarf those who don't.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 02-02-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Basic Manpower strength in the republican party are religious fanatics in the South and Midwest - and unlike young people and minorities bible-thumpers actually vote. The anti-Gay movement is not going away especially if Hillary runs in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    I'm still young and I support the murder of the unborn.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    I don't know if the GOP has the guts to separate itself from the religious right, what it calls its "base."

Rather than hoping the Republicans can separate themselves from the social conservatives, I am one hoping the libertarians can separate themselves from the GOP. There have been attempts to do so--Perot, Paul. GOP establishment went after both of them and smeared them as crackpots.
    Agreed. I'm all for a legitimate third party, one of the most important factors in bringing the future of American politics to a higher level of decency and effectiveness.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

The voters you complain about are the folks who gave the GOP control of the House. The GOP gets those folks out to the ballot box with the Pro-life, Anti-Gay, Pro-Gun rhetoric. It is a fact. Alienate them at your own peril.

Couple of ideas for winning a national election:

How about not having a GOP presidential nominee who was "born on third base" and if you must nominate those guys have them stop with the "I was a self-made man" BS. Geez, why not say I think you are stoopid, vote for me

Also, "trickle-down economics" isn't getting it done. Stop with the "a huge tax cut for the uber-wealthy is what is needed" slapped right up against the "we need to eliminate the national debt". The non-committed voters are seeing right thru that malarkey.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Agreed. I'm all for a legitimate third party, one of the most important factors in bringing the future of American politics to a higher level of decency and effectiveness.
    The Browns will win the Super Bowl before there is a viable legitimate third party in American politics.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Basic Manpower strength in the republican party are religious fanatics in the South and Midwest - and unlike young people and minorities bible-thumpers actually vote. The anti-Gay movement is not going away especially if Hillary runs in 2016.
    Which is exactly why the GOP can't win the WH.

ANd disagree on voting, minorities and youth votes are big for Obama.

And as far as anti-gay...the cow has left the barn...history shows us we don't move backward on social change.