Thread: EJ Manuel

EJ Manuel

Would love to see Jets draft this guy in the second round. Big, strong arm, and mobile which is something we have never had. His stock is going to continue to rise leading up to the draft

I am a senior at FSU and have watched everyone of EJ's games. I also worked for the football team for a semester at was at practice everyday. EJ does not have a big arm. Very average arm sideline to sideline. He also makes big mistakes like taking 15 yards sacks. He cant really read defenses that well. The kid is a winner though. He won 4 bowl games and didn't throw 1 pick in any of the games. Great guy and extremely hard worker. I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd round though.

All Pro
    In quickly to agree before this disappears to the draft forum.

Was hoping to get him in the 3rd, but he may well rise based on offseason work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    I am a senior at FSU and have watched everyone of EJ's games. I also worked for the football team for a semester at was at practice everyday. EJ does not have a big arm. Very average arm sideline to sideline. He also makes big mistakes like taking 15 yards sacks. He cant really read defenses that well. The kid is a winner though. He won 4 bowl games and didn't throw 1 pick in any of the games. Great guy and extremely hard worker. I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd round though.
    Based on your description, he sounds very much like Tim Tebow.

All Pro
    Definitely like him a lot. It would be great if we add him in the offseason.

Doubt he is 2nd rounder but what the heck do I know, but I thought he might be worth a look

Jets Insider VIP
    I liked what I saw of him in the last bowl game he played in. I was criticised because he disappointed fans.

He is very quick and has good mobility. The arm seemed ok to me. He has a quick release albeit not a rocket arm but definitely NFL adequate. He is tall and good weight. The Defense reading could come with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Based on your description, he sounds very much like Tim Tebow.
    Defiantly a stronger and more accurate arm then Tebow. But as a Noles fan, I hate Tebow.

All League
    [QUOTE=RMJK;4801348]I liked what I saw of him in the last bowl game he played in. I was criticised because he disappointed fans.

He is very quick and has good mobility. The arm seemed ok to me. He has a quick release albeit not a rocket arm but definitely NFL adequate. He is tall and good weight. The Defense reading could come with time.[/QUOTE]

Take into account that our OC's system is practically a color by numbers scheme

Hell, Vick has sucsess in it