Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: What about the Vikings?

  1. #1

    What about Revis to the Vikings?

    While I personally dont think we need to revamp the WR corps as much as many others here, the Vikings present a very interesting mix of picks and players for the Revis trade situation.

    They have $7 million tied up in Antione Winnfield that expires after the 2013 season. Space that could be used for a Revis extension without overallocating to the CB position.

    They have approximately $15 million in cap space with 6 starters as FA.

    Most importantly they have a young, game breaker in Percy Harvin who has repeatedly clashed with the coach and who will be a FA after the 2013 season.

    Does Revis for Harvin and the Vikings first round pick make sense?

    If we cut Holmes (which is a certainity unless he puts in a top 5 performance) after the 2013 season we save approximately $8 million with only $2.5 in dead money. That money can be put into an extension for Harvin.

    The Vikings would come up short at WR, but with Corradelle Patterson as the only definite 1st round WR, and someone who will most likely be gone by pick 23, they will probably wind up addressing the position with their 2nd round pick anyway.

    We would wind up with a bit of a logjam at WR in 2013, if we kept braylon, which we should, but it would allow Hill to really develop without much pressure and with the high % passing offense MM runs, there should be enough catches for everyone.

    We could use the 9th pick on an OLB - Ansah, Mingo, Jones etc and then use 23 and our 2nd rounder for a QB, RT (Fluker), OG (jones or cooper), TE (either of the top 2) RB (Taylor) or a LB (Minter).

    Conceivably it would allow us to enter the 2014 season with very strong skill position players as well as an upgraded Oline.
    Last edited by eaglenj; 01-31-2013 at 01:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Love the idea, but Minny won't give up Percy PLUS their first rounder for the opportunity to sign Revis to a $100mm contract.

    Not even first round in 2014 and Harvin would get it done IMO.

  3. #3
    I still would like to trade with Saints. #1, #3 and Chris Ivory. I might even do that with just their #1 and Ivory. We need a RB. He is young and explosive. Can do a lot out of the backfield.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I still would like to trade with Saints. #1, #3 and Chris Ivory. I might even do that with just their #1 and Ivory. We need a RB. He is young and explosive. Can do a lot out of the backfield.
    Is ivory a good enough receiver out of the backfield?

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,068
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Is ivory a good enough receiver out of the backfield?
    LT was the man in his day. We need a RB that can do all 3 ie., run, rec, block.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Love the idea, but Minny won't give up Percy PLUS their first rounder for the opportunity to sign Revis to a $100mm contract.

    Not even first round in 2014 and Harvin would get it done IMO.
    Im not sure....they might not want to pay harvin either and apparently they really like the coach there who doesnt get along with harvin.

  7. #7
    The vikings would probably be a good spot, about the "only" downside would be the next year when Allen would want a dollar more than Revis when he is a FA.

    Harvin's 4 mill salary would be hard to absorb on the jets cap.

    That would give them Peterson, Allen and Revis making 10 mill plus, not a deal breaker.

    2 weeks after FA you guys will have a better idea of where he may end up. Once all the top 5 or 6 corners are gone the teams that are left in the one month before the draft will have to decide If Banks, Millner or Rhodes would do.

    Jet fans seem to be a lot more confident in getting something this year than I am. The belief that a team will trade a 1st and a star without seeing Revis in pads, just to eliminate the other 3 or 4 teams that may be interested in him next year just seems a stretch.
    Last edited by patman; 01-31-2013 at 06:37 PM.

  8. #8
    No to Harvin- then we'd have to keep his college QB who needs to be cut ASAP.

  9. #9
    See if the Vikings would be stupid enough to do a package deal, Revis and Holmes for Harvin plus their #1.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    See if the Vikings would be stupid enough to do a package deal, Revis and Holmes for Harvin plus their #1.
    and Tebow for a bag of Jared Allen's pubes.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    and Tebow for a bag of Jared Allen's pubes.
    haha

  12. #12
    Harvin is going to be anther over paid over rated JAG. He is a #3 guy we already have Kerley who isn't bad.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Harvin is going to be anther over paid over rated JAG. He is a #3 guy we already have Kerley who isn't bad.
    Harvin isn't a JAG. The guy is a game changer that plays HB, WR and can return kicks. He's a threat everytime he touches the ball.

    The knock on him is his health, and perhaps to a lesser extent, his attitude. But his talent shouldn't be questioned.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Harvin is going to be anther over paid over rated JAG. He is a #3 guy we already have Kerley who isn't bad.
    While I think kerley is a very good player, especially if he had marginal QB play, to say harvin is a JAG is absolutely ridiculous.

    Take a look at what that guy does with a below average QB and no other WRs even drawing a second look by a safety.

    He can be used all over the field, is strong after the catch and is probably a top 10 WR in the league.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    While I think kerley is a very good player, especially if he had marginal QB play, to say harvin is a JAG is absolutely ridiculous.

    Take a look at what that guy does with a below average QB and no other WRs even drawing a second look by a safety.

    He can be used all over the field, is strong after the catch and is probably a top 10 WR in the league.
    Yep. Hell, line him up in the backfield and send him out for passes with a LB trying to cover him.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    While I think kerley is a very good player, especially if he had marginal QB play, to say harvin is a JAG is absolutely ridiculous.

    Take a look at what that guy does with a below average QB and no other WRs even drawing a second look by a safety.

    He can be used all over the field, is strong after the catch and is probably a top 10 WR in the league.

    OK not a JAG but not worth the money he wants by a long shot. He is not some stud WR he is average.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    OK not a JAG but not worth the money he wants by a long shot. He is not some stud WR he is average.
    You don't know football.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us