Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our season starts Monday

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Cutting Pace is a virtual lock. It'll save the team 8.5 million in cap space.
    but still costs 3 million in dead money in 2013. What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Cant wait for this sb to be over with already. Monday we can start to slash and burn the dead weight on the roster. A fresh start.

Goodbye:
    Scott
    Pace
    Smith
    Smith
    Can we add ducasse to this list? Anyone know what kind of cap hit that would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Why? He stinks and is well past it. Bring in a young cheap draft choice or UDFA.
    I still think Pace is a servicable player just not a star and not worth what he is paid

Cant wait for this sb to be over with already. Monday we can start to slash and burn the dead weight on the roster. A fresh start.

Goodbye:
    Scott
    Pace
    Smith
    Smith
    What no way. I'm going to miss the #63 reporting as eligible announcements at the games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    but still costs 3 million in dead money in 2013. What a waste.
    Three million in dead money is better than 11.5 million for far below average production. Pace is a shell of his former self. He'll be out of the league in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Can we add ducasse to this list? Anyone know what kind of cap hit that would be?
    add away, lots of garbage to take out

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Pace may stay do to his dead money. It'll say a lot though if we let them all go.
    Pace will not stay... It's literally impossible he stays on with his current contract... Not even a remote possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    what is the problem with Harris? If I see his name listed one more time with hopeful cuts I dont know what I will do.

This guy would be a starter on basically every team in the league. There just arent many better.

I know his salary is a little high but his overall contract isnt bad. He is still a young core player for this team.

So again can someone explain why so much hate for his all the time. Please someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
    Harris had to do the job of two LBers basically... He's fine, not worth the contract but that was on Tanny, not Harris...

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Cut Ducasse? Are you high? Whos gonna win King Ugly if we cut Ducasse?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    look on the bright side SAR... I'm pretty confident Bart Scott will come crawling back to Rex for the league minimum after he realizes he wont latch on with another team... can't wait!
    Yes! All we have to do is sweep the Fish and split with the Bills and 3rd place in the AFC East is ours!

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Cut Ducasse? Are you high? Whos gonna win King Ugly if we cut Ducasse?
    You're right, what was I thinking? You can't cut a perennial King Ugly...😜

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I know it is not feasible this year but I wish we could add Sanchez, Tebow, Holmes and Harris to that list. But for 2014 that could be a reality and we would have a ton of cap room. I hope we save our money this year (would be OK with signing Landry is possible) and wait for 2014 to spend. Should be able to make a lot of upgrades then. With two strong drafts we could be back in the thick of things.
    That would be the smart move. The league is set up to bounce back quickly as long as you don't have morons making important decisions.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I think you are underestimating things a bit. You can't count on "bringing back players." The bottom line is someone needs to be brought in to fill those positions, whether it's a former player or not.

WR ... Holmes, Kerley, Hill ... need at least two more
    RB ... Powell, McKnight ... need at least one more, preferably a starter
    OL ... Mangold, Ferguson, Ducasse ... need at least three more, preferably three starters
    QB ... Needs a complete overhaul, possibly keep only McElroy as 3rd QB
    TE ... Cumberland ... need at least one more, preferably a starter

DL ... Wilkerson, Coples, Ellis ... Pouha and Devito very well could be gone, if so, need at least two more
    LB ... Harris, Davis ... need at least three more, two starters
    S ... need at least two more, preferably starters
    CB ... may be the only position in decent shape.
    Best thread started since we announced the Gm and OC hirings!

Fly - I think you and sar aregerenrally saying the same thing. You point, if I read it corrrectly, is that every offseason has turnover and this year we are probably leaning towards the high end. But it's still just standard turnover. I think SARS point is that we also have a lot of turn over in terms of back-ups as well as starters while we are holding very little cap. Jane you thought about what the contracts would look like for the position you listed?

what is the problem with Harris? If I see his name listed one more time with hopeful cuts I dont know what I will do.

This guy would be a starter on basically every team in the league. There just arent many better.

I know his salary is a little high but his overall contract isnt bad. He is still a young core player for this team.

So again can someone explain why so much hate for his all the time. Please someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
    Harris is a solid tackler and a good LB. Unfortunately he has to be one of the slowest men in the NFL. He is being paid way more than his value (thank you Tanny once again). He is paid like top 5 but may not even be in top 20

Goodbye:
    Scott
    Pace
    Smith
    Smith
    That sounds truly disgusting. Stop talking this way.

I don't want to be informed our season starts after a SB took place where the Jets were not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    That would be the smart move. The league is set up to bounce back quickly as long as you don't have morons making important decisions.
    well that precludes the JETS.....

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yes! All we have to do is sweep the Fish and split with the Bills and 3rd place in the AFC East is ours!

SAR I
    This year we will be bad no doubt, but if we intend on being better in two years it has to start somewhere and Monday is somewhere. Chin up brother. You and I are too old to give up now. Too many years invested in this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Lets see now. Ive heard this BS thrown around alot. So we have just 5 starters then?

Wilkerson
    Couples
    Revis
    Cro
    Davis
    Harris
    Pouha/Ellis
    McIntyre or Pace back on the cheap

By my count on D we have 2 Safety positions and 1 OLB position to fill.
    Personally I'd like to see Landry brought back and paired with Bush or a rookie safety.

The D does not need to be rebuilt. Just normal offseason retooling

On offense:

2 Guard positions, QB and primary RB
    This thing needs to be rebuilt THIS SEASON
    Normal off season retooling- You are very mistaken.

First, your throwing Davis out there but why could he not beat out Scott?
    Revis is in his last year.
    If Pouha is not cut the jets only have about 7 mill of cap space with the min salary of 530,000 and ten spots to fill every FA signed will need to be at vet min.
    Your projecting Ellis to Start, why then Was Devito forced to play nose so much last year.
    Both Safeties are likely gone, Definitely gone if you keep Pouha.
    Both OLBs are gone and 2 of the top 6 Dlineman.

normally teams turnover maybe 4 starters a year, The jets will be turning
    over 3X that. How can you think that is retooling?

Granted turning over 5 players on D is not unheard of, but when you don't have the cap room and your offense is turning over at the same rate, it is rebuilding, Especially in light that there is no QB

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Teams can turn it around quickly, you just need to find a competent qb and 2 years from now the jets should be back in the playoff hunt.

Build thru the draft and the next run won't be 2 years and done.
    Last edited by patman; 02-01-2013 at 09:20 AM.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Because he's a run stuffing middle linebacker who can't cover guys man to man?