Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Gems From LT

Jets Insider VIP

More Gems From LT

He's Baaaaaaaaaaack, dishing on ESPN. I gave LT credit for being smarter, I guess I was wrong.

He is moaning about how poorly the Jets developed Sanchez (can't argue with that) but he says he doesn't understand why they didn't keep Chad Pennington to bring him along, show him how you review tape, how you practice, etc etc.

Wait a second DIDN'T WE HAVE MATT CAVANAUGH???? Maybe he never actually showed up to the practice facility???? I mean, if LT never saw him... maybe he was never even ever there.

And doesn't he know they got rid of Pennington long before Sanchez ever got there? AND - "this is a player out of college who only had 12 starts in college" LOL.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-31-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Keep Pennington? Pennington was gone a full year before we drafted Sanchez.

Did he say "keep" or "bring back" or "bring in"?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Kind of hard to understand exactly, IYKWIM, it sounded like keep, but still he ought to know Pennington has no interest, if he thinks and intends to spout that as a serious suggestion

Practice Squad
    Didn't LT spend the majority of his career in SD, why does he only talk about the Jets... STFU LT

The New York Jets did everything right to develop Mark Sanchez, he's just a ****ty QB. I've yet to see a credible piece of info to say they developed him poorly and there are all sorts of things to indicate they did as much as possible to help him along.

Sanchez failed because he was never that good to begin with and both the team and many fans bought into a few brief moments of success as him being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The New York Jets did everything right to develop Mark Sanchez, he's just a ****ty QB. I've yet to see a credible piece of info to say they developed him poorly and there are all sorts of things to indicate they did as much as possible to help him along.

Sanchez failed because he was never that good to begin with and both the team and many fans bought into a few brief moments of success as him being good.
    LT's agenda is to bash nyj management. if his conclusion is that sanchez could not be developed b/c he sucked, then it's a moot point and the only bashing could be for trading up for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Kind of hard to understand exactly, IYKWIM, it sounded like keep, but still he ought to know Pennington has no interest, if he thinks and intends to spout that as a serious suggestion
    I see.

I think his overall point that the Jets needed to and could have done more for Sanchez is true. But I think at some point Sanchez needs to help himself. I have a hard time saying that Sanchez was put in a bad situation. He definitely wasn't given ideal coaches but the team was very young QB friendly with a good OL, running game and defense. Maybe if we would have brought in a better OC and QB coach to work with him he would have been better. But I don't think that is a certainty.

Sometimes you just miss in the draft and it sucks. I don't know what the main reason is for his problems, maybe it is a little bit of everything. But I don't think any of that matters anymore. The damage is done and it is time to move on IMO.

Jets Insider VIP

Apparently a member of the offense was completely unaware of the existence of the putative QB coach. If they had not developed him poorly he would have stayed the same - not gotten progressively worse and worse as his 'career' 'progressed'. If they had just left him alone, he would probably been better off. And how can anyone say that taking away reasonably viable players is 'good development'. With only '12' starts, his third year is effectively his second. So yanking players by year three and expecting him to swim, is absurdly premature.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-31-2013 at 02:57 PM.

All League
    Apparently a member of the offense was completely unaware of the existence of the putative QB coach. If they had not developed him poorly he would have stayed the same - not gotten progressively worse and worse as his 'career' 'progressed'. If they had just left him alone, he would probably been better off. And how can anyone say that taking away reasonably viable players is 'good development'. With only '12' starts, his third year is effectively his second. So yanking players by year three and expecting him to swim, is absurdly premature.
    You're wasting keystrokes talking to him about the topic.

Apparently having a QB coach who has accomplished zip, a below average supporting cast that got worse every year i"developing properly".

Yes, Sanchez is bad. But it's a team effort as to why he is bad.

Everything right? This is beyond stupid. Sanchez sucks but you can't actually beleive that.

He didn't get that much worse. He was inaccurate and tuned the ball over since day one. The 1st two years though we had a top 5 defense, running game and oline. Once the rock solid wall around him sprung some holes his play was magnified.

Jets Insider VIP

Penningtonwas working with Sanchez in Florida during the off season. Maybe he meant giving Chad a coaching job. Chad doesn't want to coach. He's worth 30 mill.

All Pro
    LT maybe blabbing a bit too much but I have agreed with everything he has said so far......

All Pro
    I see.

I think his overall point that the Jets needed to and could have done more for Sanchez is true. But I think at some point Sanchez needs to help himself. I have a hard time saying that Sanchez was put in a bad situation. He definitely wasn't given ideal coaches but the team was very young QB friendly with a good OL, running game and defense. Maybe if we would have brought in a better OC and QB coach to work with him he would have been better. But I don't think that is a certainty.

Sometimes you just miss in the draft and it sucks. I don't know what the main reason is for his problems, maybe it is a little bit of everything. But I don't think any of that matters anymore. The damage is done and it is time to move on IMO.
    Agree 100% with everything you said.

I see.

But that in essence is the issue , those conditions made it easy to be a game manager , they never tried to develop him into a true QB. Rex had a formula which he thought would work forever , why change a thing. The problem is those conditions fail to exist anymore and Rex had treated the O like it does.

Pennington?

What we needed these past two seasons is LT reborn. Mark Sanchez desperately needed an emergency dump-back with all the bad WR's and no TE and porous OL.

If LT took better care of himself we wouldn't be in this mess. No wonder he likes Pennington.

SAR I

-Defensive minded HC who admitted he did not care about/know anything about the offense
    -Crappy OCs and even worse QB Coach
    -Fail to adequately replace Faneca and Woody
    -Get rid of his favorite receiver (Edwards) and piss of his most dependent 3rd down receiver and locker room leader (Cotchery) allowing him to leave without adequate replacements
    - Fail to replace Thomas Jones with a quality RB
    - let go of one of the best blocking FB and locker room leader for the Terminator
    - outside of Kerley, fail to draft a single effective offensive weapon or quality O-Lineman for Sanchez

Yup the Jets did everything right to develop Sanchez

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    LT maybe blabbing a bit too much but I have agreed with everything he has said so far......
    As a beat writer mentioned, he is being asked a lot of Jet questions. Is he saying anything we don't already know?

All Pro
    While I agree with alot the guy talks way to much about the jets u where only here for 2 yrs . I haven't seen the guy mention the chargers once

THANK YOU.