Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Student Shot In GA Middle School...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    See, I might be some kind of lunatic, but I think my life, or my neighbor's life, or the life of some dude or gal halfway across the state that I've never met, is just as important a life as any cop, or politician, or any other great and wonderful Poohbah. If it's such a good tool for the purpose it was built, then it's just as perfectly built to help me defend myself as it is for anybody else, employment notwithstanding.

Me, I think cops SHOULD have ARs in their arsenals, and you know what... I know a lot of cops that feel the same way about me. Unfortunately, their bosses don't, and when the rubber meets the road, these are the poor saps you guys are going to try to march out and round up all the scary, icky bad ARs. And a few of us won't be so accommodating.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    So that's a yes on the ARs?
    AR-15's being banned again is a positive in my opinion.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I have experienced too many funerals for friends/co-workers who were gunned down responding to help people.
    You get that alot in your particular department, eh? Is that the same Dept. you've said you worked in in the past?

I'm not a gun guy, I carry one for work...
    What model would that be?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    AR-15's being banned again is a positive in my opinion.
    Thanks for finally answering a straight question with a straight answer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I'm guessing the soldier was on one of the anti-depressant medications. Read the label and they say may cause psychotic behavior including killing oneself or others.
    That's neat.

GHARB!! We need better health treatment!! They need doctors!!!

Doctor: Here, you need to take these to help with your mental health issues. Pfizer made this just for you.

Side effects include bleeding from the eyes, restless leg syndrome, compulsive gambling and fits of homicidal rage. Ask you doctor if WhargMahrgLargAMaGhard® is right for you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll save you the google search, here's one of my classmates.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ye...__officer.html

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You get that alot in your particular department, eh? Is that the same Dept. you've said you worked in in the past?

What model would that be?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    (CNN) -- A former Navy SEAL known for claiming a record number of sniper killings in Iraq was one of two men shot dead at a Texas gun range, allegedly at the hands of a fellow military veteran, officials say.

Sad that he was apparently killed by a fellow (former) member of the armed services.
    If only he had a gun to defend himself.

Wait whut?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is grandstanding nonsense, who has stated anyone's life is of lesser value? You're entitled to your opinion about what firearms you think are best, no one has stated they will round people up and take their AR's.

James Yeager learned his lesson for acting like a moron.

See, I might be some kind of lunatic, but I think my life, or my neighbor's life, or the life of some dude or gal halfway across the state that I've never met, is just as important a life as any cop, or politician, or any other great and wonderful Poohbah. If it's such a good tool for the purpose it was built, then it's just as perfectly built to help me defend myself as it is for anybody else, employment notwithstanding.

Me, I think cops SHOULD have ARs in their arsenals, and you know what... I know a lot of cops that feel the same way about me. Unfortunately, their bosses don't, and when the rubber meets the road, these are the poor saps you guys are going to try to march out and round up all the scary, icky bad ARs. And a few of us won't be so accommodating.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is grandstanding nonsense, who has stated anyone's life is of lesser value?
    You did. When you stated that I'm not allowed to use the same technology afforded to other, to defend themselves.

You're entitled to your opinion about what firearms you think are best, no one has stated they will round people up and take their AR's.
    Prince Andy made his (in)famous speech where he declared "confiscation is an option", and then while 'grandstanding' (to use the parlance of the times) he stated that the NYSafe Act (requiring registration) was "an important first step".

Hmmm.

James Yeager learned his lesson for acting like a moron.
    Insults and intimidation. Now I'm positive you work for the govt. (or possibly Scientology)

Banning Ars as you have suggested has no real effect on crime. You know it. I know it. The people who wrote the law know it. There's no real decrease in criminal activity with "assault weapons" coming from this new ban, other than to make previously law-abiding citizens into criminals. It's all just a big exploitation of emotionally charged times, and a power-grab. There's only two types on the other side of this one in my book, those who are complicit in the exploitation and their sycophants. You can't have conversation with those who want to get rid of certain "icky" guns, they've already decided that their emotions on the subject trump any real discussion of costs insued and progress gained by any such new laws. All ****ing emotion. That's why they try to ram new laws like this on the heels of tragedy. Rahm Emmanuel said it himself, "never let a tragedy go to waste". Your side is determined to make this some sort of showdown. Try to spare me the faux surprise and indignation when someone actually stands up for what is there's. It might be an odd sight in America these days, but it's due for a revival. You know what? There might not be as many as I suspect, who will stand and say "I will keep what's mine." But there won't be as few as you suspect either.
    Last edited by freestater; 02-04-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    If only he had a gun to defend himself.

Wait whut?
    Hopefully not one of those scary AR15s. Certainly no good can come from one of those evil machines....

http://www.13wham.com/mostpopular/st...wgAZpGO4g.cspx

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not nukes or a rocket launcher? Build a moat, add some gators. You don't like your states gun laws why not move? I don't live in NY so I'm sorry I'm not up to date on all of Cuomos statements.

LOL, insults and intimidation?

You did. When you stated that I'm not allowed to use the same technology afforded to other, to defend themselves.

Prince Andy made his (in)famous speech where he declared "confiscation is an option", and then while 'grandstanding' (to use the parlance of the times) he stated that the NYSafe Act (requiring registration) was "an important first step".

Hmmm.

Insults and intimidation. Now I'm positive you work for the govt. (or possibly Scientology)

Banning Ars as you have suggested has no real effect on crime. You know it. I know it. The people who wrote the law know it. There's no real decrease in criminal activity with "assault weapons" coming from this new ban, other than to make previously law-abiding citizens into criminals. It's all just a big exploitation of emotionally charged times, and a power-grab. There's only two types on the other side of this one in my book, those who are complicit in the exploitation and their sycophants. You can't have conversation with those who want to get rid of certain "icky" guns, they've already decided that their emotions on the subject trump any real discussion of costs insued and progress gained by any such new laws. All ****ing emotion. That's why they try to ram new laws like this on the heels of tragedy. Rahm Emmanuel said it himself, "never let a tragedy go to waste". Your side is determined to make this some sort of showdown. Try to spare me the faux surprise and indignation when someone actually stands up for what is there's. It might be an odd sight in America these days, but it's due for a revival. You know what? There might not be as many as I suspect, who will stand and say "I will keep what's mine." But there won't be as few as you suspect either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    From your article:
    Nothing was taken and no shots were fired.

The rifle was not loaded at the time of the home invasion, according to Raymond.
    These kids were lucky and the article jumps to a conclusion, no? These kids assume the barrel of a empty rifle made them leave. Assumptions are now conclusions?

Hopefully not one of those scary AR15s. Certainly no good can come from one of those evil machines....

http://www.13wham.com/mostpopular/st...wgAZpGO4g.cspx

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not nukes or a rocket launcher? Build a moat, add some gators. You don't like your states gun laws why not move? I don't live in NY so I'm sorry I'm not up to date on all of Cuomos statements.

LOL, insults and intimidation?
    the usual response when those pesky facts get in the way.

"grandstanding nonsense"

"moron learned his lesson"

what we're these? Compliments?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    From your article:

These kids were lucky and the article jumps to a conclusion, no? These kids assume the barrel of a empty rifle made them leave. Assumptions are now conclusions?
    I suppose it was their awful interior decorating that made the robbers leave.

Libs love leaving out relevant facts that don't fit their illusionary viewpoint...

also from the article:

Rochester, N.Y. — Early Tuesday morning, Christopher Boise heard a noise coming from the basement. As he walked toward the source of that noise, the RIT student noticed two men standing in the downstairs portion of his apartment.

"They were waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs," said Boise.

One of them had a handgun trained on Boise.

Within moments, Boise screamed. His cries were heard by his roommate, Raymond.

"It wasn't like a, 'I stepped by stepped on a piece of glass' kind of scream," Raymond said. "So, I instinctively went to my gun bag."

Raymond owns an AR-15 which is a military style rifle.

Raymond estimated that just five seconds passed until the door started to open. It was one of the intruders.

"By the time I had it out and ready, one of the men came at my door, slowly opened it, saw that there was a barrel on the other side and from there backed out," Raymond said.

The two men fled the apartment.
    On that same night, approximately 5 hours previous, two U of R students faced a similar situation. They we're unarmed. They, consequently, we're robbed.

http://lonsberry.com/writings.cfm?story=3492&go=4
    Last edited by freestater; 02-05-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah more speculation.

You think it is a smart idea to aim an unloaded weapon at someone who has a weapon?

You know for a fact they were the same perpetrators?

I suppose it was their awful interior decorating that made the robbers leave.

Libs love leaving out relevant facts that don't fit their illusionary viewpoint...

also from the article:

On that same night, approximately 5 hours previous, two U of R students faced a similar situation. They we're unarmed. They, consequently, we're robbed.

http://lonsberry.com/writings.cfm?story=3492&go=4

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You want access to the same technology, right?

the usual response when those pesky facts get in the way.

"grandstanding nonsense"

"moron learned his lesson"

what we're these? Compliments?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I would say that the average citizen does not go through the training that a professional law enforcement agent goes through. And I am not just referring to training with how to use the weapon.

That is what worries me when I hear gun advocates claim that arming everyone will make us safer.
    law enforcement training? How about the cop on trial now for plotting to be a cannibal? Should he have an AR15 despite this?

Also - what are your thoughts on the LA riots of the early 90s, when there were neighborhoods the cops had abandoned and shopkeepers were left on their own? A lot of them had assault type weapons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love how the ar15 is now targeted by every ignorant gun hater as the one that is the most dangerous of all "assault" variants, meanwhile, there are probably 20 or 30 other rifles that are virtually identical in firepower, capacity, looks etc.

these, you dont hear about. probably because those who want the ar15 banned really dont have a clue about guns in general.

hanguns kill. not ar15s

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    i love how the ar15 is now targeted by every ignorant gun hater as the one that is the most dangerous of all "assault" variants, meanwhile, there are probably 20 or 30 other rifles that are virtually identical in firepower, capacity, looks etc.

these, you dont hear about. probably because those who want the ar15 banned really dont have a clue about guns in general.

hanguns kill. not ar15s
    AR 15's is just the start. For an example of the types of gun regulations these guys would put in place if given the chance look no further than Cuomo's new laws in NY. Andy was able to effectively ban 95% of all the current weapon systems. In the same move he turned tens of thousands of law abiding New York Staters in to felons. People have already been arrested for being in possession of magazines that don't conform to the law.

I have no doubt that given the opportunity Barry and the rest of the gun control loons would do the same on a national scale.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah more speculation.

You think it is a smart idea to aim an unloaded weapon at someone who has a weapon?

You know for a fact they were the same perpetrators?
    Ahh. Right. I forgot. Speculation is only allowed by those who want to restrict liberty.