Thread: Ramses Barden

Ramses Barden

If we don't resign Braylon Edwards I'd like to see the Jets sign this WR. I liked what I saw of him this season when he got a chance to play in preseason and regular season when Nicks was out he really seemed to have finally learned how to play the position after struggling for several years.

6'6 230 lbs and fast. Won't be expensive because he's an under the radar player he has talent but never had a big statistical year like Miles Austin a few years back. A 1 yr incentive deal may be enough to get him.

Think Chaz Schilens but with actual talent and not insanely injury prone.

re-sign braylon edwards.

barden is basically another inexperienced wr to add to the mix of hill white gates gilyard. id take barden over all of them.

holmes along with braylon edwards and kerley coming along nicely solidifies the rest of the wr corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    re-sign braylon edwards.

barden is basically another inexperienced wr to add to the mix of hill white gates gilyard. id take barden over all of them.

holmes along with braylon edwards and kerley coming along nicely solidifies the rest of the wr corps.
    Barden has a better upside than Braylon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    how so, is he a proven wr able to do what braylon edwards has done here?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Than the entire WR core.

What about Travis Beckum for a blocking TE? We need one of those as Keller and Cumby are both much better at receiving.

Barden got passed over by a rookie and his career high in receptions is 14 after four seasons. Not sure how much more upside he has at age 27. Guy always struck me as a Patrick Turner type -- giant frame but struggles to separate.

I know he sucks as a route runner, but I'd rather keep Gates as our #5 receiver. Younger and faster.

All Pro
    So now where gonna overrate a career back up?

Hall Of Fame
    He had one really good game last year. I think it was against the Panthers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Id try hm out. He has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    So now where gonna overrate a career back up?
    I don't think anyone is overrating him. He's not the next Jerry Rice or anything. He's a pretty solid receiver behind some very good wide receivers on the Giants.

I would rather have Barden at this point instead of Braylon.

I don't think anyone is overrating him. He's not the next Jerry Rice or anything. He's a pretty solid receiver behind some very good wide receivers on the Giants.

and add another unproven wr to the "what if" bunch. no thanks id rather braylon edwards.

Jets Insider VIP

I'd rather have Braylon any day of the week including Sunday! The guy blocks better then 99 1/2 per cent of the receivers in the NFL. We are a WCO team now and his blocking would be very helpful. He blocks for other receivers as well and is pretty fast! He wants to be a Jet! He has size, speed and good hands plus he blocks. That is why I want Braylon on the Jets!

All Pro
    Pass. I like Barden - but he'll get more money than deserved based on potential... just like he was overdrafted for the same reasons.

something about that odd man out on the giants wr corps.

smith,manningham now barden i missed 1 too i think.

Veteran
    re-sign braylon edwards.

wow. no capital letters is a creepy as ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I'd rather have Braylon any day of the week including Sunday! The guy blocks better then 99 1/2 per cent of the receivers in the NFL. We are a WCO team now and his blocking would be very helpful. He blocks for other receivers as well and is pretty fast! He wants to be a Jet! He has size, speed and good hands plus he blocks. That is why I want Braylon on the Jets!
    something about that odd man out on the giants wr corps.

smith,manningham now barden i missed 1 too i think.
    This is just my opinion. I know Braylon is a hero on here, I like him too but he is not the same player he was 2 years ago.

Practice Squad
    I prefer someone like Louis Murphy

Jets Insider VIP
    This is just my opinion. I know Braylon is a hero on here, I like him too but he is not the same player he was 2 years ago.
    Tell us why! The guy gave us 110 per cent! What did you see that makes you right? I saw a guy that played hard. I saw a guy that kept his mouth shut and helped the kids. I saw a guy that threw blocks all over the place trying to help teammates.

I do not look at Braylon as a hero. in fact I thought that was ridiculous thing to say. I view him as a football player that gave us his all last year in a trying situation. Gee maybe that does make him a hero!

not sure what this guy brings. the only thing sure is that the jet receivers will need to be able to block and catch the ball in traffic. if sanchez or ??? throw the ball with bad timing they are going to get clobbered.