Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baltimore Ravens "Team of Destiny"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    I'm rooting for the Ravens. Any team that knocks the Patriots out of the playoffs twice in three years has soft spot in my heart.
    Amen.
    I'm just happy the Pats and Giants aren't playing. Can actually enjoy the Super Bowl this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    You should follow your own advice.
    I can't disagree with that.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Oh really, why is that? What the HELL does that even mean? Almost every person (on sports shows, etc.) is picking Baltimore to win and claiming it's because they're a 'team of destiny'. I've heard that repeated so many times that I swear it must have been a talking point prepared by the NFL and disseminated in the press pamphlets or something.

What does that even mean, team of destiny? And what makes Baltimore fit this definition, whatever that might be? What have they done besides keep trying for the last five years and had a mediocre QB who flops around the field like a 6 ft walking burrito (h/t National Lampoon) and losing playoff game after playoff game until finally getting into the Superbowl. Oh and have criminals who got a religious dispensation because, who knows why, he talks a lot or something.

Boy am I rooting for the 49-Niners especially now that that turd Alex Smith is outta there! He still gets the ring though, right?

Someone -please explain.
    Nevermind all the bs about the Ravens, why are you calling Smith a turd? are you asking for an explanation as to why the Ravens are viewed as a team of destiny OR are you asking why does Smith get a ring?

I can answer both, the Ravens are a story as you know because of Lewis and ESPN are shoving him down our throats because they want him as a commentator after he retires. As far as Smith goes, he is anything but a turd because he's handled himself exceptionally considering all the **** thrown his way, he had a Great year last year, could have been to back to back SB's if it wasn't fumbled away and this year he was 6-2 and as the old saying goes "you don't loose your job to injury"

Now I'm sure if your brother was in his shoes you'd sing a different tune or is your sister were replaced on the cheer squad due to an ankle injury and replaced by someone else

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Inspector Oo I can't see your post because I put you on ignore, I can't look at that sig. I'm sure it was very good though.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Sorry Inspector Oo I can't see your post because I put you on ignore, I can't look at that sig. I'm sure it was very good though.
    Really? wow...I've never had any dealings with you aside from this one and with less posts then the Jets have with a full roster I'm already on your ignore list? that's funny lol!

Either you can't take the slightest amount of criticism or you're hyper sensitive? Should I take being on your iggy list an honor or privilege? oh wait, I'm sure you can't read this but yet must have because you replied lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You can stop starting threads now.

SAR I
    Wasn't it you who started thread after thread after thread insisting a team couldn't get back to the championship game and win it, the year after having lost it?