Pollard - Ravens
    Kaepernick - 9ers
    Ballard - colts
    Wilkerson - Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Offseason begins.

List a bunch of up and coming players in the league. There are the obvious players (RG3, Luck, etc.), but what about some of the lesser known players.

Here are a few who I think are up and coming:

Dennis Pitta, TE Baltimore
    Paul Kruger, OLB, Baltimore
    Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Atlanta
    Vontaze Burfict, LB, Cincinnati

I think these players (and many more) stepped up and will continue their upward trend. They played parts in their respective teams' success. I hope the Jets find a few of these guys to help improve the team.
    What about Muhammad Wilkerson? If you said he's already great, you'd be wrong. But he really started to play fabulous top notch football in the last 5 or 6 games.

Muhammad Wilkerson can improve more than his play has already shown. He's still an ascending player.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilkerson was the second best 3-4 DE after Watt this season. Now the gap between 1 and 2 was large (Watt had one of the best seasons of all time), but #2 none the less.

Coples is the up and comer.
    Last edited by Woody56; 02-01-2013 at 12:23 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cam Jordan
    Robert Quinn
    Everson Griffen
    Stevan Ridley
    Perry Riley
    Randall Cobb
    Josh Gordon
    Jerrell Freeman
    Brandon Meyers (that's for you, Raider1975)

I would also include Wilkerson, Coples, and Kerley on such a list.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Wilkerson was the second best 3-4 DE after Watt this season. Now the gap between 1 and 2 was large (Watt had one of the best seasons of all time), but #2 none the less.

Coples is the up and comer.
    The best part is that Wilkerson has only been playing for two years. He's still got plenty room for growth which is scary because he's known to be the second hardest worker on defense (Revis).

David Wilson is gonna ball out next year I bet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Cam Jordan
    Robert Quinn
    Everson Griffen
    Stevan Ridley
    Perry Riley
    Randall Cobb
    Josh Gordon
    Jerrell Freeman
    Brandon Meyers (that's for you, Raider1975)

I would also include Wilkerson, Coples, and Kerley on such a list.
    To be honest I wouldn't put Brandon Myers on my list. Simple he isn't a good enough blocker to be a starting TE( more suited to be number 2 Wr to be used in conjunction with that all round TE.

My three Raider players would be DE/DT Desmond Bryant, Wr Rod Streater and LT Jared Veldheer- who Is very good now but has chance to get a lot better still. Jared Veldheer is capable of playing any five positions on the Oline and would be the best at that position that you put him at, on the Raiders Oline.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-01-2013 at 05:49 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't Wilkerson still only 22 years old?
    He might be a beast if we can get younger & faster at LB behind him this year.
    With Dunbar here, I truly believe the Jets have a chance to have one of the best youngest Dlines in the league this year.
    I know a lot of you out there would go crazy if Star somehow fell to us @ 9,
    ( not at all crazy considering the teams ahead of the Jets & their needs).

Of course I would suspect that if Star starts falling, another team behind the Jets would probably try to trade up.

Imagine adding to Wilk, Coples, Ellis, a guy like Star who could be our Wilfork or Ngata!
    This Jet team is at least a 2 year fix back to respectability, in today's NFL, you better be able to rush the passer & most importantly get pressure up the middle, push the pocket & get QBs off their spot.
    If we trade Revis & the Jets somehow miraculously came out of the 2013 draft with Star, a stud guard & a OLB, I would be ecstatic.
    You wouldn't need a $16,000,000 CB anymore & the line would be looking more like the Giants from 2009- 2011.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't put Brandon Myers on my list. Simple he isn't a good enough blocker to be a starting TE( more suited to be number 2 Wr to be used in conjunction with that all round TE.

My three Raider players would be DE/DT Desmond Bryant, Wr Rod Streater and LT Jared Veldheer- who Is very good now but has chance to get a lot better still.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bilal Powell
    Jeremy Kerley.