Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl predictions

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Bowl predictions

Niners 28 Ravens 17

Ravens D is going to feel like they won't know what hit them going from a statute in the pocket (Peyton) and a guy who runs into the ref (Brady), to a guy that can kill you with his speed and his arm. They can prepare for it all they want, the real thing on the field is different. I think their D is still old and slow. Ravens offense has looked good in the playoffs, but I think the Niners D with time to prepare will give more of a vintage effort. They will be ready for the deep ball (and nobody like Julio Jones on Balt) and they have the front 7 to contain Rice. Everyone keeps saying this will be a classic, but I see a comfortable SF win.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baltimore 28

49'ers 24

A rare close-score super Bowl. Ravens D beats Kapernick O.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ravens. 24-17.

Flacco for 200+ passing, 2 TD. Rice 120 rushing, 1 TD.
    Last edited by McGinley; 02-01-2013 at 11:24 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    San Fran 24
    Balitmore 23

and my numbers hit in my $500 box

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    34-24 Ravens.

Long live the long ball, Flacco is going to write himself a nice check with this performance.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to see OT.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    34-24 Ravens.

Long live the long ball, Flacco is going to write himself a nice check with this performance.
    I don't get the love for Flacco. Dude is the same player he's always been, his team just took advantage on some defensive meltdowns in the secondary on a few of his deep balls. I think the Niners will avoid those meltdowns.

Would an elite QB have a 22 TD pass season in the midst of his prime? I mean come on, this is classic case of people overreacting to small/fluky 3 game sample

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Baltimore 28

49'ers 24

A rare close-score super Bowl. Ravens D beats Kapernick O.
    Rare? I think since the NFC dominance ended in the late 90s the games have been pretty damn close.

That said, I think this year, it will not be the case.

Ravens 34
    49ers 20

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I don't get the love for Flacco. Dude is the same player he's always been, his team just took advantage on some defensive meltdowns in the secondary on a few of his deep balls. I think the Niners will avoid those meltdowns.

Would an elite QB have a 22 TD pass season in the midst of his prime? I mean come on, this is classic case of people overreacting to small/fluky 3 game sample
    I don't think his deep ball is a fluke. He's completing upwards of 50% on passes over 20 yards since Caldwell stepped in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People forget how much better the NFC was than the AFC this year. The Ravens would have likely been eliminated by the Seahawks in the wildcard round if they had been in the NFC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    I don't think his deep ball is a fluke. He's completing upwards of 50% on passes over 20 yards since Caldwell stepped in.
    He can throw the deep ball very well. Not a fluke in that sense. But Rahim Moore horribly misplaying a ball is a fluke. Boldin and Smith going up and making incredible catches is more on the WR than Flacco suddenly becoming great. Ravens offense is still no juggernaut to me. Pats pass D was terrible all year. Broncos game I thought was fluky with Smith muscling a jump ball away from Bailey and then the Moore play. I guess I'm still not convinced.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    35-28. The difference , a Ray Lewis sack ,fumble recovery for a TD, perfect ending for a lifetime player. The 49'ers will be back.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He can throw the deep ball very well. Not a fluke in that sense. But Rahim Moore horribly misplaying a ball is a fluke. Boldin and Smith going up and making incredible catches is more on the WR than Flacco suddenly becoming great. Ravens offense is still no juggernaut to me. Pats pass D was terrible all year. Broncos game I thought was fluky with Smith muscling a jump ball away from Bailey and then the Moore play. I guess I'm still not convinced.
    I wouldn't call him great either, he's not top 5, but he's been carrying the Raven's offense in the playoffs, and he's been generally stellar since Caldwell came in.

Pretty sure he's averaging 10-14 yards per attempt as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ravens 31
    49ers 27

Really, I have no feel for this game. I just hope it's entertaining. Do they still do the "I'm going to disneyworld" thing? Not a ray lewis fan by any stretch but I would kind of like to hear him say that in some overdramatic tone, with "tears" in his eyes and pointing up to the sky at baby jesus et al.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    San Francisco 31

Baltimore 24

Decisive win by the 49'ers, score does not tell the whole story of San Francisco's domination of almost every aspect of the game. Last quarter ball slinging by Flacco prevents the scoreboard reading as a total blowout by the 49'ers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ravens 24
    49ers 20

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets 27
    Seahawks 20

Tyler Bray proves why Jets took him in 2nd rd of 2013. Oops, wrong thread and year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Jets 27
    Seahawks 20

Tyler Bray proves why Jets took him in 2nd rd of 2013. Oops, wrong thread and year.
    Sadly only way Rex is at next year's SB is if MetLife comps him a ticket

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ravens 27
    Niners 24

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ravens 24
    Niners 13