Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super Bowl predictions

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I think this game will turn on a missed Akers field goal.
    Yup.

He has been awful this year and I just get the feeling he is going to screw over the Niners somehow.

RAVENS---20
    NINERS---17

All League
    4 in a row for the NFC

Niners 27 Ravens 20

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I think this game will turn on a missed Akers field goal.
    So you think the Ravens will win?

Kaepernick will shred that old and slow Ravens D. He will finally put the league on notice as to why is so special and dangerous.

49ers - 31
    Ravens - 17

I predict that Harbaugh's team wins. I'd bet the house on it.

Speaking of brothers facing off as HC's in the SB, that hasn't happened since the Chicago/Indy SB in 2006.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Better Team-49ers
    Consensus Pick-Ravens

The general consensus is that in the modern era, The team that gets hot at the right time and goes on a magical run wins the superbowl. The Ravens seem like they fit that mold this year. After dramatic wins in Denver and New England, people can't picture the story ending without Ray Lewis going out a champion on the biggest stage.

The star players usually get a lot of the focus going into these games and yet in big game history, There's always a player or two that goes under the radar that makes the difference.

Hard not to love the makeup of both of these teams. Both head coaches are great. I think that Baltimore has to win this game. This is it for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed potentially in Baltimore uniforms. The Ravens also face cap issues and a key player like Anquan Boldin could be cut because of salary. The Ravens are the veteran team that appears to be at the end of an era and perhaps run at the top. The 49ers are the young upstart team with a seemingly ultra bright future with more potential championship chances down the road. The script seems to be set for a Ravens title.

With all that being stated, I am going against the grain here. I like the 49ers.
    I think that their team speed and youth advantage will show up in this game. I see a close game until the very end. San Fran will play ball control and eat up clock and wear down the Ravens defense at the end. A td late ices the game.

49ers 31
    Ravens 20

Flacco plays like Flacco again (2 picks). The game is never close. Kaepernick outruns the older and slower Raven D, especially the Murderer.

Niners 31
    Ratbirds 17

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Flacco plays like Flacco again (2 picks). The game is never close. Kaepernick outruns the older and slower Raven D, especially the Murderer.

Niners 31
    Ratbirds 17
    Not too sure I've seen a Pasts fan or writer pick the Ravens

What a bunch of cry babies in that sh1thole up north

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

Niners 31
    Ratbirds 17

Ravens 24
    49ers 18

Akers misses a FG and Jacoby Jones has a pair of huge returns out to the midfield area. Ed Reed makes a big INT at some point, probably before halftime or at the end of the 3rd. That's the difference in the game.

This is a tough game for Kaepernick. He's never played the Ravens. He's never played against Ed Reed or Ray Lewis (and whatever he's on at the moment). The Ravens defense has had 2 weeks to get ready for him, and he's going to be looking at a lot of stuff he's never seen before when he's out on the field tonight.

And I don't know why people talk about the 49ers offense like it's a juggernaut. In the 10 games since Kaepernick took over, they've produced 400 yards twice. It's a better offense than it was with Smith, but they still don't have the weapons on the outside that the best offenses in the league do. Some people have been blinded by the run that Flacco has been on, but there are also people that have been blinded by the one game Kaepernick played against the Packers.

I've always believed that the Ravens would get Ray Lewis another Super Bowl before he retired. That's why I've had them in the Super Bowl for the last 3 years, despite the fact that I never thought much of Flacco. That is absolutely what is driving this team right now, and it does make a tangible difference.

Story that's not getting nearly enough play: Justin Smith has a torn triceps and is 60% of what he usually is. He's having surgery on it a few days after the game. The Packers and Falcons are two teams that can't run the ball (3.9 and 3.7 ypc) and they were both able to run the ball on the 49ers. Ray Rice and the Ravens O-line are way better than what those 2 had to offer.

Adjusted line yards (rushing)
    BAL O-line: 6th
    ATL O-line: 24th
    GB O-line: 25th

The Packers and Falcons have 50 rushing yards if they're playing a healthy Justin Smith.

All League
    San Fran 20
    Baltimore 17

Kaepernick with the game winning TD

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Not too sure I've seen a Pasts fan or writer pick the Ravens

What a bunch of cry babies in that sh1thole up north
    Huh?

Wha?

All League

Niners 31
    Ratbirds 17
    Good call

Friend in Vegas for the game sent me the betting sheet. I was shocked to see the over/under for sacks in the game was 4 (total for both teams). Bet big on the over. At 4 sacks already with the Niners in pass to catch up mode.

Jets Insider VIP

Niners 31
    Ratbirds 17
    Vinny Nostradomass

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Good call
    Thanks!

Almost. Kaepernick is a baller. Gotta give him that. He'll could develop into something really special. Flacco surprised me. He'll get a nice fat check next year for his effort.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Vinny Nostradomass

LMAO....Your jinx was strong tonight, and the 49ers almost pulled it off. What's even funnier is you talking smack. He who's predictions NEVER come true and who predicted in 2010 that Rex and Sanchez would be sporting 4 SB rings by 2015. Combine your prediction prowess with your well known jinxing and they, of course, go 8-8 and 6-10. You make me smile Skippy. Gotta hand that to you.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 02-03-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    34-24 Ravens.

Long live the long ball, Flacco is going to write himself a nice check with this performance.
    Closeenough.jpg

Very enjoyable game.

If the 49ers had come back to win, everyone would be all over John Harbaugh for calling the fake FG in the 2nd quarter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HBJETFANBOB View Post
    8 out of the last 10 SB's the underdog has covered, it will happen again

Baltimore 27
    SF 24 in OT

Sorry Steve Fezzik (famous Vegas football better) the NO OT prop you made millions on will loose this time, sooner or later.

No Overtime, only Vegas SB prop never to have lost.
    Well done Bob. Ravens by 3 at the very end in a higher scoring game than people expected.