Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Competition for Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Picks never go out of style ask our stylish QB..
    chicks dig the INT

Probably someone like Jason Campbell, or the Jets keep Tebow and insert him into the game the VERY SECOND Sanchez shows any weakness.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Probably someone like Jason Campbell, or the Jets keep Tebow and insert him into the game the VERY SECOND Sanchez shows any weakness.
    lets try and not make things worse, billy

especially the nauseating idea of another year of Teblow and his Teboneheads

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    With the cap situation, I dont see any chance of the Jets bringing in a big name QB to compete with Sanchez. This guy has more talent than McElroy and is far more mobile. In Seattle, he looked solid in camp, but was buried beneath flynn and Wilson.

If Idzik were to invite him to camp, I bet he would possibly outplay Sanchez.
    Who says he has more talent than McElroy. McElroy led a stacked Bama team to the National championship by making plays when he had too. If this kid has all this talent you say he does, then i guess he must have led his weak sister conference team to whatever championship his team goes too right?

Potential gets people fired, but facts can't be disputed. Take for example a player by the name of Peyton Manning. He had some of the best college teams while at Tennessee and yet he never won the national championship. He has been on some of the most talented Pro teams in the NFL and has 1 championship to show for it. The 1 championship he has he did just about everything he possibly could to blow the chance before rising to the challenge in the big game.

Show me what you have done and i will tell you what you're capable of doing. Show me what you haven't done and i will tell u what you might do.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    lets try and not make things worse, billy

especially the nauseating idea of another year of Teblow and his Teboneheads
    Speaking of Teboneheads,

Did Demos, vinniekt, and the band of boneheads leave yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Speaking of Teboneheads,

Did Demos, vinniekt, and the band of boneheads leave yet?
    They're probably busy registering accounts at the CFL forums.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Who says he has more talent than McElroy. McElroy led a stacked Bama team to the National championship by making plays when he had too. If this kid has all this talent you say he does, then i guess he must have led his weak sister conference team to whatever championship his team goes too right?

Potential gets people fired, but facts can't be disputed. Take for example a player by the name of Peyton Manning. He had some of the best college teams while at Tennessee and yet he never won the national championship. He has been on some of the most talented Pro teams in the NFL and has 1 championship to show for it. The 1 championship he has he did just about everything he possibly could to blow the chance before rising to the challenge in the big game.

Show me what you have done and i will tell you what you're capable of doing. Show me what you haven't done and i will tell u what you might do.
    Keep McElroy in camp too!!! Let them all duke it out.

All Pro
    Keep McElroy in camp too!!! Let them all duke it out.
    The way i see it, McElroy should be the #1 QB going into OTAs . He was supposed to be the satrting QB going into the last game of last season and didn't due to injury.

He should be the QB of this team starting off next season and let the chips fall from there. Mark Sanchez did nothing in that last game to pove he should be moved ahead of anyone. He did show enough to get a ticket on any bus leaving town thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Let's see :

So far we've had

1.) SUCKCHEZ

2.) SNATCHEZ

3.) SNACKCHEZ

4.) FAILCHEZ

Anything else?
    SACKCHEZ

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The real question is who couldn't outplay Sanchez? He was terrible last year and really has not been a great QB since he was drafted. He had a great team surrounding him but aside from a few good games he has been average to bad! I'd like to see the guy you are mentioning. He is tall enough and it said he has a strong arm. not much said about accuracy.
    I can see Sanchez doing well in any competition yet failing during the reg season. The pressure during the reg season will be much greater when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Matt Moore is being overrated on these forums. A stop gap to compete with Sanchez, sure why not. Anything more forget it.
    +1

I don't get it. Moore is not a good player. Sanchez would probably beat him out in TC and preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I can see Sanchez doing well in any competition yet failing during the reg season. The pressure during the reg season will be much greater when it counts.
    Or he would just take us to the playoffs again like he did for 2 seasons with a better supporting cast. People on this site act like Sanchez screwed up with the 1999 Minnesota Vikings offense last season. This team sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The way i see it, McElroy should be the #1 QB going into OTAs . He was supposed to be the satrting QB going into the last game of last season and didn't due to injury.

He should be the QB of this team starting off next season and let the chips fall from there. Mark Sanchez did nothing in that last game to pove he should be moved ahead of anyone. He did show enough to get a ticket on any bus leaving town thou.
    Greg McElroy sucks. He actually performed worse than Sanchez facing a lousy Chargers' D in his own stadium and looked lost. Held onto the ball way too long couldn't make reads and is insanely fragile physical. Granted he had the same crap offense to work with as Sanchez but still he did nothing. Oh right, he played well in college.

In the NFL, other than a 1 yd td pass against the Cardinals and looking average facing 3rd string defenses in preseason how has Greg McElroy sold you on the idea that he's a franchise qb?
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 02-04-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Campbell strictly as a backup though I'd prefer Garrard at the league minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    SACKCHEZ
    I'm quite fond of "Intchez".

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    +1

I don't get it. Moore is not a good player. Sanchez would probably beat him out in TC and preseason.
    yep with no pressure sanchez is a great practice QB maybe rex can get his son's wearing a suckcez jersey tatoo next..........

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Serious post. The guy is available NOW, which means the FO can show they are serious about bringing in competition without waiting for Free Agency to start, plus since he was buried on the depth chart in Seattle, he can be signed CHEAP.
    I'm all for inviting him in but he's a practice squad player. He's still the definition of JAG, not serious competition that proves anything.

All Pro
    Better than what we did last year. Putting in Tebow anytime we started getting a rhythm. Tebow is worse than Sanchez. At least Sanchez can be good occasionally. Not lately, but at least it's physically possible. We need a game manager like Moore, and a whole bunch of longshots to see what shakes out. Next year we need to trade up(hopefully we have to) to get a franchise QB, unless we find our Wilson, or Kapernick.

All Pro
    I would have to go with Scaredchez, or softchez. Maybe Chezwhiz his pants. How about Sancheesy?
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 02-05-2013 at 08:55 AM.

sanchez is TERRIBLE-he would only start on maybe 2 other teams-get rid of him just end it-take the hit and move on