Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Competition for Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Competition for Sanchez

With the cap situation, I dont see any chance of the Jets bringing in a big name QB to compete with Sanchez. This guy has more talent than McElroy and is far more mobile. In Seattle, he looked solid in camp, but was buried beneath flynn and Wilson.

If Idzik were to invite him to camp, I bet he would possibly outplay Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    With the cap situation, I dont see any chance of the Jets bringing in a big name QB to compete with Sanchez. This guy has more talent than McElroy and is far more mobile. In Seattle, he looked solid in camp, but was buried beneath flynn and Wilson.

If Idzik were to invite him to camp, I bet he would possibly outplay Sanchez.
    The real question is who couldn't outplay Sanchez? He was terrible last year and really has not been a great QB since he was drafted. He had a great team surrounding him but aside from a few good games he has been average to bad! I'd like to see the guy you are mentioning. He is tall enough and it said he has a strong arm. not much said about accuracy.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The only competition Sanchez has to concern himself about is himself and that's more than enough.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The real question is who couldn't outplay Sanchez? He was terrible last year and really has not been a great QB since he was drafted. He had a great team surrounding him but aside from a few good games he has been average to bad! I'd like to see the guy you are mentioning. He is tall enough and it said he has a strong arm. not much said about accuracy.
    I saw a lot of him in 2 camps, he seemed to be very accurate to me. He looked a bit Raw and unpolished at times his rookie camp, but thats to be expected.

id take him anyday of the week over mark sanchez then again id pretty much take anybody over sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    id take him anyday of the week over mark sanchez then again id pretty much take anybody over sanchez.
    He comes from a NFL family. His cousin was a RB for the Redskins. Good genetics help.

Not sure if this is a serious post or a plug for his site?

Did your fan mail get answered Jetman?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Not sure if this is a serious post or a plug for his site?

Did your fan mail get answered Jetman?
    Serious post. The guy is available NOW, which means the FO can show they are serious about bringing in competition without waiting for Free Agency to start, plus since he was buried on the depth chart in Seattle, he can be signed CHEAP.

sign this beast.

Serious post. The guy is available NOW, which means the FO can show they are serious about bringing in competition without waiting for Free Agency to start, plus since he was buried on the depth chart in Seattle, he can be signed CHEAP.
    Yeah, competition for Sanchez is going to be a third string QB who can't afford to hire a professional web designer. Once again your Seahawk bias shines bright. I'm sure Sanchez is going to be pacing around Florham Park because the "SERIOUS" competition Idzik and Rex bring in to compete is this guy. Jesus.

this is our next franchise qb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyDlSYBi8Vk

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Yeah, competition for Sanchez is going to be a third string QB who can't afford to hire a professional web designer. Once again your Seahawk bias shines bright. I'm sure Sanchez is going to be pacing around Florham Park because the "SERIOUS" competition Idzik and Rex bring in to compete is this guy. Jesus.
    the Jets are in cap hell, with a ton of holes to fill on the roster!! Do you really think they are bringing in a top name QB to compete? They are going to need to sign a few young guys like Portis and hope to get lucky.

Sure they can make a big trade, but they still have no other talent on offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    the Jets are in cap hell, with a ton of holes to fill on the roster!! Do you really think they are bringing in a top name QB to compete? They are going to need to sign a few young guys like Portis and hope to get lucky.

A top name would only come if he were the starter and most likely would not want Sanchez there.

Go Seahawks!

All Pro

This could beat ouf Mark Sanchez

All Pro
    He already has competition his name is tebow

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    He already has competition his name is tebow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLI0GMMbQaQ

Jets Insider VIP
    I saw a lot of him in 2 camps, he seemed to be very accurate to me. He looked a bit Raw and unpolished at times his rookie camp, but thats to be expected.
    and yet the guy has never eclipsed 60 per cent passing completions in any season in the NFL. How do we win a SB with such poor passing? This is a QB driven league. Sanchez has not shown enough to make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Practice Squad
    Anyone that has followed Sanchez throughout preseason knows that he is a camp superstar that can't translate it into the regular season. That's why i'm worried he will win next years QB competition and lead us to the same results.

All League
    But can he run the Pistol? I hear thats the next big thing in the NFL