Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Fan Loyalty map ( from Facebook ) ~ ~ ~

Bewildered Beast
    Relative; however, I'll allow it.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Fans all over the...well, that one spec on the map...
    1. Facebook is for women.

2. Those few men who are active on Facebook would never admit to being a Jets fan as the whole point is to make yourself look good.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

2. Those few men who are active on Facebook would never admit to being a Jets fan as the whole point is to make yourself look good.

SAR I
    Then call me McSusan, hubby.

not buying

and also not buying connecticut all NE land...everyone knows CT is NYG territory as well..prob ~50-50 and only recently more pats gains

All Pro
    There's probably more people in that speck than all of Bronco territory.

Veteran
    Jet Nation = half of Nassau Country

seems legit.

Weird how Hawaii is Pittsburgh.

This map is total BS. So obvious. Look at the other map. They claim Chicago and the rest of the state was rooting for the Packers after the Bears didn't make the playoffs. That would be like us rooting for the Patriots. Total joke. Have they ever been to Chicago?

https://m.facebook.com/note.php?note...51298370823859

Veteran
    Two things to keep in mind:

1. The counties represent the team with most likes. I'm sure many of the Giants areas were 55% to 45% Jets or something of that nature. It just means that there are more Giants fans in those areas than Jets fan, not that there aren't any Jets fans. That's not expected since they just won the Superbowl last year.

2. It does not reflect the population of county. So while Jacksonville has 8 or 9 counties, the majority are not very populated. I would assume that NY Metro counties are probably some of the most populated in the US. This why you'll see random pockets of fans across the map.

SAR I
    men on facebook are usually losers looking to live in the past and reconnect with high school flings and play the part of home wreckers.

I'd like to see the raw numbers, how many or what percentage of total votes each team got. Some of those huge swaths of the west showing support for Cowboys, Denver, and Minnessota have a population of about 1 person per square mile.

Yep.

There are a lot of teams squeezed together in the northeast though to be fair.

Practice Squad
    That map is divided into counties, so that is supposed to be all of nassau county.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    men on facebook are usually losers looking to live in the past and reconnect with high school flings and play the part of home wreckers.
    JI posters with perma-banned user names who keep coming back despite no one liking them are losers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    JI posters with perma-banned user names who keep coming back despite no one liking them are losers as well.
    if the shoe fits wear it. thanks

Ask those 90% of people within 50 miles of NO that say they are loyal Saints fans if some how the Saints and LSU both had games on at the same time, which game they would be watching and I guarantee a large majority of those "loyal" Saints fans would be watching LSU

Veteran

SAR I
    No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about.

All Pro
    fb sucks......

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Two things to keep in mind:

1. The counties represent the team with most likes. I'm sure many of the Giants areas were 55% to 45% Jets or something of that nature. It just means that there are more Giants fans in those areas than Jets fan, not that there aren't any Jets fans. That's not expected since they just won the Superbowl last year.

2. It does not reflect the population of county. So while Jacksonville has 8 or 9 counties, the majority are not very populated. I would assume that NY Metro counties are probably some of the most populated in the US. This why you'll see random pockets of fans across the map.
    This wasn't a survey, which would be subject to recent team performance. This tracks the people who ACTIVELY follow an NFL team. By "liking" the official page, you are provided updates made directly by the team. You would have opted in (or out) of such information at anytime over the past several years now.

It's pretty insightful and provides indisputable proof that Nassau County was and still is the epicenter of the Jets fan base.