Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL Fan Loyalty map ( from Facebook ) ~ ~ ~

So, how come there are so many Jets fans in Nassau county?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about.
    The universally applicable response to SAR.

probably sampled one bar per county ... giants bar.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    probably sampled one bar per county ... giants bar.
    The map was based on Facebook "likes".

Raise your hand if you use Facebook to get your Jets news. Anyone? Anyone? My wife 'liked' the Jets on Facebook to get coupons for the Jets Shop, that's it.

That map illustrates how many women want sports news and free shipping, that's it.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Raise your hand if you use Facebook to get your Jets news. Anyone? Anyone? My wife 'liked' the Jets on Facebook to get coupons for the Jets Shop, that's it.

That map illustrates how many women want sports news and free shipping, that's it.

SAR I
    [Raises hand]

I "like" the Jets on Facebook. I have multiple sources for my Jets news and I enjoy having the teams official news, discounts, ticket info, etc stream into my newsfeed there.

You just don't like this because it further proof that Nassau County is the center of the NY Jets fan base. It's common knowledge, so this quantification is no surprise to anyone.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

SAR I
    You're missing out. During the season the Jets Facebook page would excitedly announce contests and upcoming games and the like, and there'd be hundreds of sarcastic comments from disgruntled Jets fans. That alone was worth the "like."

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You're missing out. During the season the Jets Facebook page would excitedly announce contests and upcoming games and the like, and there'd be hundreds of sarcastic comments from disgruntled Jets fans. That alone was worth the "like."
    I use Facebook once a day at most and it's only on the mobile app which is now polluted with inline advertising on the news feed. Last thing I need is to subscribe to businesses (or football teams) just to get more spam.

I subscribe to the Jets on Twitter because on the Twitter mobile app is very quick and easy and I can quickly get the same information.

I can only speak for myself and my circle of friends and business associates, but the boys are only on it to check on the wife, and the wives are on it 24/7 to yap with the girls. I can go two weeks or more without one of my male friends posting anything, can't go two minutes without some whiny housewife proclaiming that she'll never go back to Olive Garden because a waiter shorted her on the breadsticks.

SAR I

I use Facebook once a day at most and it's only on the mobile app which is now polluted with inline advertising on the news feed. Last thing I need is to subscribe to businesses (or football teams) just to get more spam.

I subscribe to the Jets on Twitter because on the Twitter mobile app is very quick and easy and I can quickly get the same information.

I can only speak for myself and my circle of friends and business associates, but the boys are only on it to check on the wife, and the wives are on it 24/7 to yap with the girls. I can go two weeks or more without one of my male friends posting anything, can't go two minutes without some whiny housewife proclaiming that she'll never go back to Olive Garden because a waiter shorted her on the breadsticks.

SAR I
    You know people that go to Olive Garden? Jesus dude, do you live in a trailer park?

SAR I
    To be fair, their breadsticks are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Yep.

There are a lot of teams squeezed together in the northeast though to be fair.
    50 miles from NYC or Florham Park? Suffolk County is extremely large from east to west and I'm not exactly sure where in Jersey the loyalty switches from NY to Philly teams, also the Hudson Valley has some Jets fans.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Weird how Hawaii is Pittsburgh.
    Troy Polamalu

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    You know people that go to Olive Garden? Jesus dude, do you live in a trailer park?
    The wealthy like to occasionally associate with poor people as it makes them feel superior.

Which they are.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fan RI View Post
    So, how come there are so many Jets fans in Nassau county?
    Because of the suburban migration pattern of the 60s, 70s and 80s. People who lived in Queens and were looking to buy a house, raise a family, generally moved eastward.

These days, a Facebook like means nothing. So many people like every page they get invited to or get recommended by Facebook robots to the point that they "like" a lot of things that they really don't, which is why Facebook has become so fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Because of the suburban migration pattern of the 60s, 70s and 80s. People who lived in Queens and were looking to buy a house, raise a family, generally moved eastward.
    Interesting. So does that mean Nassau county is also loaded with Mets fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fan RI View Post
    Interesting. So does that mean Nassau county is also loaded with Mets fans?
    I don't have the stats, but it seems that way to me. I always considered LI to be Mets country.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    ... not to mention the team practiced at Hofstra for years and, subsequently, lived close by.

All League
    Facebook should do this every year to monitor the bandwagoners.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Facebook should do this every year to monitor the bandwagoners.
    Or set a limit on how many teams a person can "like" to accurately reflect real fans.

Hall Of Fame
    The wealthy like to occasionally associate with poor people as it makes them feel superior.

Which they are.

SAR I
    oh...