Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Offseason mock

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Offseason mock

    Resign:
    Devito
    Bell
    Malone
    Pace

    Trade:
    Revis to TB for their 1st and 2nd.

    Draft:
    1. Ansah(OLB) - Rex prefers bigger players. Can't see him taking one of the Smaller DE/OLB prospects.
    1(TB). - Warmack(OG) - need to upgrade/replace Slauson.
    2. Tyler Wilson(QB) - Need to Draft QBs until a we have our guy.
    2(TB). - Warford(OG) Oline is upgraded and fixed.
    3. Brandon Jenkins(OLB) - Steal, We now have a serious pass rush.
    4. Da'rick Rogers(WR) - loads of potential
    5. Matt Scott(QB) - Until we find our guy.
    6. Christine Michael(RB) - sleeper pick.


    I didn't take a safety because we resigned Bell and drafted 2 last year.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsOptimist View Post
    Resign:
    Devito
    Bell
    Malone
    Pace

    Trade:
    Revis to TB for their 1st and 2nd.

    Draft:
    1. Ansah(OLB) - Rex prefers bigger players. Can't see him taking one of the Smaller DE/OLB prospects.
    1(TB). - Warmack(OG) - need to upgrade/replace Slauson.
    2. Tyler Wilson(QB) - Need to Draft QBs until a we have our guy.
    2(TB). - Warford(OG) Oline is upgraded and fixed.
    3. Brandon Jenkins(OLB) - Steal, We now have a serious pass rush.
    4. Da'rick Rogers(WR) - loads of potential
    5. Matt Scott(QB) - Until we find our guy.
    6. Christine Michael(RB) - sleeper pick.


    I didn't take a safety because we resigned Bell and drafted 2 last year.
    Love the first round if Warmack lasts till 13. I'd take Jones and Jenkins in the Second (not sure he lasts to the third), Stepfan Taylor in the third, the rest are great.

    Totally agree with not drafting safeties.

    This is all a pipe dream though because we're not getting a 1st and a 2nd this year for Revis. No matter how ideal it would be.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree.

    No team is going to trade a 1 and a 2 for Revis until he has been back on the field in regular season games. But hopefully, this fact will work against Revis's and his agent's greed and he will agree to a reasonable contract extension with us which "only" makes him the highest paid Corner in the league. I mean, can you imagine. How could they possibly take a deal like that? LOL

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    Agree.

    No team is going to trade a 1 and a 2 for Revis until he has been back on the field in regular season games. But hopefully, this fact will work against Revis's and his agent's greed and he will agree to a reasonable contract extension with us which "only" makes him the highest paid Corner in the league. I mean, can you imagine. How could they possibly take a deal like that? LOL
    No team is trading that package for Revis even if he was healthy. (Especially if that person can be an unrestricted fA ( can't be franchised tag) next season. Once the Jets took away that franchise tag they lost any chance to get the best package for him. The longer the Jets wait in addressing this situation the less they are going to get back in a trade.

    So either try to pay the player(he could say no) or try to get what you can now in trade ( doubtful you can get a first for him)before he walks away and Jets getting a fourth round pick.

    This Revis situation should be resolved pretty soon as the Jets don't have much time to figure out what they want to do. The longer they wait more likely he test freeagency in 2014and Jets getting that fourth rounder.( if they sign someone in free agency they might not even get that)

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    U guys are getting close. You're seeing the vision, understanding the Vision and moving towards making the vision a reality. You can't run the ball if you can't run block and you can't throw the ball if you don't have the protection that affords you the time to allows route trees to develop.


    If you have an OL that can do both these things, Greg McElroy can lead you to the SB. How do i know this to be true ? He did it at Alabama winning the National Championship and he has done it on every level he has played in dispite being told he couldn't.

    This is not to say that i am backing McElroy for the starting QB position, just un derstand that if you build the proper OL, someone with more talent than McElroy should be able to do the Job.

    Experience has shown us that Mr McElroy can.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sticking with my plan until the Combines are over

    The Jets trade Revis for a 1st round pick this year and a conditional 2nd day pick next yr that can be as high as a 1st depending on his playing time and other incentives. I thing i am going to Tampa with this offer. If u are drafting a CB with your 1st round pick and i offer you Revis ffor that pick, would u make that trade.

    The Jets resign Austin Howard and Jeff Cumberland: Would also like to try and resign Jason Smith after cutting him for cap savings.

    The Jets cut: Bart Scott, Jason Smith, Eric Smith, Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas, Tim Tebow,

    Jets restructure the contracts of David Harris, Antonio cromartie and Nick Mangold.


    1st: Eric Fisher - LT/RT
    1st : Ezekiel Ansah - OLB
    2nd: Barrett Jones - OC/OG
    3rd: Michael Buchannon - OLB
    4th: Michael Christine - RB
    5th: Travis Kelce/Dion Sims/Michael Williams - TE
    6th: Chris Harper - WR
    7th Jeff Tuel - QB

    You know i read the outline of Jason's and find my plan similiar to his proposal for the fixing of the Jets. The difference is he keeps Revis and trades Cro. I believe i can get a 1st for Revis, but not for cro and the 1st is what i am after in this draft.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 02-03-2013 at 01:15 PM.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The Jets trade Revis for a 1st round pick this year and a conditional 2nd day pick next yr that can be as high as a 1st depending on his playing time and other incentives. I thing i am going to Tampa with this offer. If u are drafting a CB with your 1st round pick and i offer you Revis ffor that pick, would u make that trade.

    The Jets resign Austin Howard and Jeff Cumberland: Would also like to try and resign Jason Smith after cutting him for cap savings.

    The Jets cut: Bart Scott, Jason Smith, Eric Smith, Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas, Tim Tebow,

    Jets restructure the contracts of David Harris, Antonio cromartie and Nick Mangold.


    1st: Eric Fisher - LT/RT
    1st : Ezekiel Ansah - OLB
    2nd: Barrett Jones - OC/OG
    3rd: Michael Buchannon - OLB
    4th: Michael Christine - RB
    5th: Travis Kelce/Dion Sims/Michael Williams - TE
    6th: Chris Harper - WR
    7th Jeff Tuel - QB

    You know i read the outline of Jason's and find my plan similiar to his proposal for the fixing of the Jets. The difference is he keeps Revis and trades Cro. I believe i can get a 1st for Revis, but not for cro and the 1st is what i am after in this draft.
    Iwould do:

    1a. Star
    1b. Cooper
    2. Rogers
    3. Brandon Jenkins
    4. taylor or stacy
    5. mcfadden or honeybadger
    6. Quantarus
    7. any rotational 3/4 DE

    Much better
    Last edited by nhjet; 02-03-2013 at 10:18 PM.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    U guys are getting close. You're seeing the vision, understanding the Vision and moving towards making the vision a reality. You can't run the ball if you can't run block and you can't throw the ball if you don't have the protection that affords you the time to allows route trees to develop.


    If you have an OL that can do both these things, Greg McElroy can lead you to the SB. How do i know this to be true ? He did it at Alabama winning the National Championship and he has done it on every level he has played in dispite being told he couldn't.

    This is not to say that i am backing McElroy for the starting QB position, just un derstand that if you build the proper OL, someone with more talent than McElroy should be able to do the Job.

    Experience has shown us that Mr McElroy can.
    Honest question -- isn't Sanchez the poster boy for "surround him with talent and he can be successful"?

    Unless you're assuming Sanchez is broken beyond repair, I don't see how McElroy is much of an improvement, unless you think he can do more with less . . .

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Honest question -- isn't Sanchez the poster boy for "surround him with talent and he can be successful"?

    Unless you're assuming Sanchez is broken beyond repair, I don't see how McElroy is much of an improvement, unless you think he can do more with less . . .
    You're under the assumption that i somehow thought Sanchez was ever any good. If Sanchez was this supposed poster boy you speak of, then why did his USC team not win the National Championship. He had some of the best players any college team ever assembled.

    When i look for QB, i look for a player who has little to no talent around him but his play gives his team a fighting chance. That's what Jay Cutler did at Vandy, and Eli Manning at Old Miss and Josh Freeman at K- State and RG3 at Baylor last year and Sean Renfree at Duke this year. Tell me, do you think a small school like Miami of OH has a chance against Ohio State at the Shoe without the play of Zac Dysert.

    When you find these type of QBs, and the measureables are solid to above average, these are the type of QBs you go after. By the way, Tom Brady fit this catageory of QB while at Michigan while Peyton Manning doesn't. McElroy fits what everyone thinks Sanchez does. When GMac was surrounded with Talent, he took his Bama team to the National Championship. The kid knows how to manage the Game, and he protects the ball unless you take him out of his comfort zone. He can't beat you on his own, but he won't lose the game for you either. What Jet fans need to realize is that in the 2 games McElroy played at the end of the year, his offense was more effecient than the offense when Mark Sanchez was behind center. What's worse is that the kid got sacked 11 times in 1 of those games.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 02-06-2013 at 06:23 PM.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You're under the assumption that i somehow thought Sanchez was ever any good. If Sanchez was this supposed poster boy you speak of, then why did his USC team not win the National Championship. He had some of the best players any college team ever assembled.

    When i look for QB, i look for a player who has little to no talent around him but his play gives his team a fighting chance. That's what Jay Cutler did at Vandy, and Eli Manning at Old Miss and Josh Freeman at K- State and RG3 at Baylor last year and Sean Renfree at Duke this year. Tell me, do you think a small school like Miami of OH has a chance against Ohio State at the Shoe without the play of Zac Dysert.

    When you find these type of QBs, and the measureables are solid to above average, these are the type of QBs you go after. By the way, Tom Brady fit this catageory of QB while at Michigan while Peyton Manning doesn't. McElroy fits what everyone thinks Sanchez does. When GMac was surrounded with Talent, he took his Bama team to the National Championship. The kid knows how to manage the Game, and he protects the ball unless you take him out of his comfort zone. He can't beat you on his own, but he won't lose the game for you either. What Jet fans need to realize is that in the 2 games McElroy played at the end of the year, his offense was more effecient than the offense when Mark Sanchez was behind center. What's worse is that the kid got sacked 11 times in 1 of those games.
    RG3 had a lot around him in Baylor last year. Wright was considered one of the best WR in college and Williams is no slouch. He had a good OL and Ganaway who was a good college back.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us