Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Eric Smith to be cut in the next few weeks

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never said we need 22 superstars but get younger faster players as JAGs. This old washed up JAG E. Smith needs to go

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Never said we need 22 superstars but get younger faster players as JAGs. This old washed up JAG E. Smith needs to go
    That's totally different. A player in his decline vs. JAG.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    + Pace, Thomas, Scott, Jason Smith, Gates
    why Gates? The guy can flat out fly! He is a young receiver who is coming on as he gains experience. What is it that you see that makes you think he will be cut? or is that your wishful thinking?

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    + 1

    Time for the Jets to let the JAGs, has beens, and the too slow to develop players go
    quite possibly coaching has delayed the maturation process of those you claim are slow to develop. Who are you proposing to replace our JAG's with? Remember we have money issues and NOT every position needs a super star to man it! It would be nice but unrealistic.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    According to steiny, he has been more right than wrong
    Steiny really going out on a limb..Next he'll be tweeting Jason Smith is getting cut..

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Steiny really going out on a limb..Next he'll be tweeting Jason Smith is getting cut..
    Why so negative, he has been on cue way more than most. He has contacts in the organization. Do you have issues with him?

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    why Gates? The guy can flat out fly! He is a young receiver who is coming on as he gains experience. What is it that you see that makes you think he will be cut? or is that your wishful thinking?
    Holmes
    Hill
    Kerley
    DRAFT PICK
    FREE Agent Veteran


    If they keep 6, Gates would fight it out with:

    White
    Pollard
    and who knows who else

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Why so negative, he has been on cue way more than most. He has contacts in the organization. Do you have issues with him?
    It's not negative...As I have posted and others have agreed he's a 14 year old girl with the way he's always trying to be friends with the players on twitter and saying how great they are.

    As for contacts w/i the organization..As a couple of people have posted it's believed his father is an agent, so it's a good chance that is where he is getting his "information", which he's 50/50 being right about it.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    quite possibly coaching has delayed the maturation process of those you claim are slow to develop. Who are you proposing to replace our JAG's with? Remember we have money issues and NOT every position needs a super star to man it! It would be nice but unrealistic.
    I'd propose that Smith gets replaced by Allen. Don't think Allen is ready to start yet, but he can play that third safety role.

  10. #30
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    3,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    That's totally different. A player in his decline vs. JAG.
    And there's a HUGE difference between a JAG making $1 million or less a year and a JAG making $3 million....which is why Eric Smith gets cut.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Two years too late.

    But I will never forget him knocking Welker's decal off. Very special play. He played his two best games in those playoff wins.

    Was a solid ST and backup before Rex allowed him to get exposed.
    http://youtu.be/bD_6ePqCpc4

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Why so negative, he has been on cue way more than most. He has contacts in the organization. Do you have issues with him?
    He has nothing in the organization. He's a ****ing hack and throws **** at the wall to see if it'll stick. No different than Incarcerated Bob.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    John gets it.
    There are no absolutes in life - sometimes he's the smarter brother

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,180
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the time stamp on the original post was 2011 rather than 2013 I would rejoice. I guess two years too late is better than nothing.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the date that the cuts of Smith (both) Scott Tebow and Thomas can officially be made?

  16. #36
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steiny has been wrong way more than right. Just saying. This is a call anyone could have made, however.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Steiny has been wrong way more than right. Just saying. This is a call anyone could have made, however.
    anybody can make a mistake

    I remember a poster reporting that Mo Wilkerson was certain to be arrested and indicted for being intoxicated in a traffic accident during a recent offseason

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Steiny has been wrong way more than right. Just saying. This is a call anyone could have made, however.
    That is just not true

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    damn im gonna miss seeing him on the ground not making a tackle or the back of his jersey chasing someone.
    He's the white David Barrett.

  20. #40
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    anybody can make a mistake

    I remember a poster reporting that Mo Wilkerson was certain to be arrested and indicted for being intoxicated in a traffic accident during a recent offseason
    Let me just be clear. I never said he was going to be arrested. And i 100% stand by that today. And have photos to back up my statement.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us