Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Alex Smith should be the Jets starting QB next year

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    you do realize they are the the same player right? Just smith is older.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Moore>>>>> Smith

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez can't let his starting days end like this. The only thing that will erase the "buttfumble" sticker on his forehead is for him to come back next season and have a really good year. I think the Jets trade Revis, sign another quality receiver or two and shore up the O-line in the offseason. Sanchez has to take advantage of that and turn his career around or he'll be a career backup somewhere or maybe even be out of football.

I dunno, if I was him I sure as hell wouldn't want that "BUTTFUMBLE" thing hanging around my neck the rest of my life. He has one more shot next season to make it go away. Maybe, with the right offensive moves by the Jets, he may be able to.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Do you think Sanchez will not be the starter next year?

I don't see what option the Jets have at this point.
    Bring in competition for Sanchez - A free agent & a draft pick - plus McElroy, Tebow & Simms and have a real, legit QB competition.

It wouldn't take much for one of them to outplay Sanchez the way he has played the last 2 seasons....

I don't expect Sanchez to be the starter next season.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 02-04-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    If I was Alex Smith, I'd rather be #2 behind CK, than being #1 with the Jets.
    Which is why you post on an internet board and he doesn't.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    you do realize they are the the same player right? Just smith is older.....
    You mean he's a player who has managed to improve?

And isn't a int/fumble machine?

Other than that they're the same.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You mean he's a player who has managed to improve?

And isn't a int/fumble machine?

Other than that they're the same.
    Alex Smith would have self-destructed with the Jets offense last season. No WR's that could ever get open, mediocre OL, no TE's and RB who's could chip block and ofcourse Tim Teblow has to come in once every 4 plays because the stupid owner wants to have his baby.

Kapernick with the same team looked all-world compared to Alex Smith.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Alex Smith would have self-destructed with the Jets offense last season. No WR's that could ever get open, mediocre OL, no TE's and RB who's could chip block and ofcourse Tim Teblow has to come in once every 4 plays because the stupid owner wants to have his baby.

Kapernick with the same team looked all-world compared to Alex Smith.

Really? Nonsense.

Alex Smith played with garbage around him up until this season. He had a running game and no WRs. He had an injured, washed up BEdwards, the still bust Crabtree and a real weapon at TE.

The stupid part would that someone believes the OL here didn't protect last season or that Tebow was in once every 4 plays. Or miss that Smith was 7-2 this season, Kapernick was 6-2. Smith had 13 tds and 5 picks. Kapernick? 10 and 3. Smith completed 70% of his passes, Kapernick 62%. They threw for nearly the same yardage.

Funny how we make sh1t up as we go along. Kapernick adds a different dimension with his legs, but Smith played well.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Alex Smith is worse than Mark SAnchez and hit his ceiling a long time ago. Alex Smith had a much better team, as well as coaching, around him last year than Mark Sanchez ever did and he could only do as well as Sanchez did his first and second years. And Smith was already in his 7th year. Sanchez never had anyone near the talent of Vernon Davis of Frank Gore around him and he was saddled with Schottenheimer and CAvanaugh. Smith wouldn't have made it as far as the championship game on the Jets so what is the point of even talking about him?
    Testaverde's Niece gets it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Alex Smith is worse than Mark SAnchez
    That's just laughable right there.

Smith was benched when he was completing 70% of his passes and had a better than 2:1 turnover ratio.

Sanchez barely completes 50% of his passes and has had the most turnovers of any starting QB in the NFL over the last 3 years.

How the hell can you say with a straight face that Smith is worse than Sanchez?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Smith was benched when he was completing 70% of his passes and had a better than 2:1 turnover ratio.

Sanchez barely completes 50% of his passes and has had the most turnovers of any starting QB in the NFL over the last 3 years.

That's because the rest of the Niners team was better. Put Smith on the Jets team Sanchez was surrounded with and he would have flamed out too. Please compare apples to apples. People want to say that sanchez went along for the ride his first two years on this great Jet team, well if that's true what did Smith do last year, and with a better team. And he already had 6 more years experience.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

He's a bit more accurate, but switch teams and Smith is competing 55 percent at best.

The only argument I can say is he probably doesn't try to hide from a defender by shoving himself up another man's ass.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchex is scared spitless in the pocket...he dumps throws just to avoid a hit. He may have a few games early in the season but after a few good hits he is a deer in the headlights...he would rather slit his wrists than scramble...he is ruined as a tough QB...but unfortunately he is our stating QB next year...you can bet on it.