Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Myth that the Jets are in Salary Cap Hell

The Myth that the Jets are in Salary Cap Hell

bottom line overpaid players need to restructure to benefit the team.

Banned
    The best part is when they talk about the few starters on d we are bringin back....no matter what happened coples davis ans kendrick ellis were gonna start. The fact of the matter us the only starter we are probablu going to lose that will hurt is landry, only way he stays is if revis or cro are traded.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    The best part is when they talk about the few starters on d we are bringin back....no matter what happened coples davis ans kendrick ellis were gonna start. The fact of the matter us the only starter we are probablu going to lose that will hurt is landry, only way he stays is if revis or cro are traded.

how is trading revis or cro improving this team? please stop.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    bottom line overpaid players need to restructure to benefit the team.
    Exactly what incentive is there for players to restructure?

And the Jets are in no position to extend contracts and guarantee upfront money.

That's how they got into the mess they are in today.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

And the Jets are in no position to extend contracts and guarantee upfront money.

Don't mind him

winning.

yes they are.

messes can be cleaned up.

looking forward to watching new england in the super bow tomorrow....not

What, you didn't get the memo that said trading one or both of your top 4 players, in their prime, is the ticket to a better team? I must have missed it to. This is about the dumbest topic ever on this board, and that's saying alot.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    What, you didn't get the memo that said trading one or both of your top 4 players, in their prime, is the ticket to a better team? I must have missed it to. This is about the dumbest topic ever on this board, and that's saying alot.
    i dont read memos usually the person sending them doesnt have a clue.

Veteran
    winning.

yes they are.

messes can be cleaned up.

looking forward to watching new england in the super bow tomorrow....not
    Wow. You seriously think that these guys are going to restructure their contracts because Idzick is going to dangle the "winning" carrot in front of them?

Yes, messes can be cleaned up but it's not going to get done with your teenie bopper ideas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A MUST read regarding the Jets 2013 season

Jason gives the most detailed breakdown of the Jets 2013 cap situation that I've seen, and provides a realistic plan that will give every Jets fan hope..

It's a three part piece... Here's part 1

http://nyjetscap.com/2013_Articles/j...cap-part1.html

Banned
    Can you read? I was just stating the only way to be able keep landry is by trading one of those two because we cant tie up big money to three dbs. There is no way we will keep all 3. Id rather trade cro resign landry and revis.

I started a thread on this subjec earlier. It is a great and eye opening read.

Jason is a true asset to Jets fans and one of very few true extremely knowledgeable fans who can set the record straight.

Just another outstanding write up

Haha thanks again Jason

The incentive is for bonus money up front.

How would you know what position the Jets are in? You are a Pats fan with over 50,000 posts on a Jets board, do you not have anything better to do with your life?

Great read and well worth 15 minutes to read all three parts (they are linked and it's snowing)

Jason details a plan to stop mortgaging the future and free up 29M of cap space for 2013, even if Sanchez would be the starter

Just amazes me that Aaron Rodgers has a lower cap then Sanchez, Homes, and Harris individually (in both 2012 and 2013) - guess three contracts that get a GM fired, I thought the Harris deal was better at the time but guess there was a restructure along the way..

Would be interesting to see the cost and feasibility of a clean house scenario: Cutting Pace, Pouha, Homes and Sanchez at 12:01am and focus the first three days of the season on Revis and/or Cromartie trade or long term deals (knowing that 30 million of dead space is not going to happen even if it may be best for the long term and our sanity)

Also looks like most of these decisions need to be done within the first 5 days of the season

Thanks again Jason - Great Work!

Hall Of Fame
    Excellent read. Great job by Jason.

We aren't in cap hell. We will get under the cap pretty easily and have some cap room BUT we will also have a lot of starting spots to fill.

The only thing I disagree with is I would cut Holmes and Harris after 2013. I want no part of restructuring their contracts. I am also leery of restructuring Mangold. If he has a third consecutive down year in 2013 then we should think of going in a different direction unless he is willing to take an extremely team-friendly deal.

I would rather the Jets take all of the cap/roster hits in 2013 and go into 2014 with a lot of cap room and roster flexibility. There will be many holes to fill but we aren't going anywhere unless we draft better anyway regardless of the cap situation. With solid drafts in 2013 and 2014 (hopefully with 2014 yielding a franchise QB) and some smart FA acquisitions we will be right back where we were in 2008.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-02-2013 at 12:42 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Excellent read. Great job by Jason.

We aren't in cap hell. We will get under the cap pretty easily and have some cap room BUT we will also have a lot of starting spots to fill.

The only thing I disagree with is I would cut Holmes and Harris after 2013. I want no part of restructuring their contracts. I am also leery of restructuring Mangold. If he has a third consecutive down year in 2013 then we should think of going in a different direction unless he is willing to take an extremely team-friendly deal.

I would rather the Jets take all of the cap/roster hits in 2013 and go into 2014 with a lot of cap room and roster flexibility. There will be many holes to fill but we aren't going anywhere unless we draft better anyway regardless of the cap situation. With solid drafts in 2013 and 2014 (hopefully with 2014 yielding a franchise QB) and some smart FA acquisitions we will be right back where we were in 2008.
    Different direction that mangold? I think the discussion of him and his cap at all is ridiculous. According to PFF, he was only the 6th best center in football this year. And he was only the 2nd best last year.

Keep in mind that this "down year" of his included a terrible OL Coach and a terrible running game that was doomed from the start when Sparano switched the running scheme from zone-blocking to gap-blocking.

Excellent job as usual. I really really really hope Idzik is a very strong person who can tell Rex to keep out of things if need be. The example of Eric Smith in the article points directly to Rex Ryan if you ask me. I also fear Rex's love for 'tone'. We shouldn't say 'we are desperate at WR so we are going to keep an overpaid, malcontent underachiever because we have no one else.'

Wow!!! Jason should be sending his resume to Idzik!!!