Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Myth that the Jets are in Salary Cap Hell

Under no circumstance should the Jets do anything at all that will prolong Holmes presence on the team.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Under no circumstance should the Jets do anything at all that will prolong Holmes presence on the team.
    +1
    Not to be a SOJF negabooboo, but 2013 is in the crapper anyhow. I guess it will be fun to watch the diviosional games, and evaluate talent, but lets not fool ourselves: Mark Sanchez, SantoiHO, Lis Franc, and their 20+ million dollar cap space for this year almost guarantees another stinky season.

There is always hope sure, but lets keep it real.
    Last edited by sdJETSetter; 02-06-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    And what would the opposite of him being a completely atrocious teammate, quitting during games, refusing to attend sanchez's meeting at the end of 2011 and repeatedly dropping balls? Can we really get worse?

If he milks the injury, then we PUP him and play a younger guy the first 8 games of the year. If we are winning, it means we have improved QB play, and he might actually want to return and try to boost his value.
    Correct that is why I said he would come back in December, I think the rule is something like, he has to be on the pup lis for a min or 6 weeks to a max of ten, That would have him back on the roster at thanksgiving.

And no, I don't think he could be any worse of a teammate, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that he would cut 1mill from the non guaranteed portion of his salary.

people seem to forget what a herschel walker type trade can do for a team. if the jets can get anywhere near the same for revis they should take it.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    What, you didn't get the memo that said trading one or both of your top 4 players, in their prime, is the ticket to a better team? I must have missed it to. This is about the dumbest topic ever on this board, and that's saying alot.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    people seem to forget what a herschel walker type trade can do for a team. if the jets can get anywhere near the same for revis they should take it.
    It's not that people forget that trade (which was 14 years ago mind you) but most realize it has no bearing on a GOAT CB coming off a severe knee injury who will be an UFA the following year. Not to mention he can't be franchised and will demand a huge contract with big guaranteed money and signing bones. The Jets will get nothing even close to that of the Walker trade. In fact, if he's dead set on becoming a FA, he'll won't negotiate with any team who wants to trade for him and walk at the end of 2013 and the Jets will only get a mere comp pick.

Salary cap hell no longer exists as GMs have figured out all the tricks to get around it. With that said Jets are pretty close to it.

The Jets may not be in salary cap hell but Jets fans are in SB purgatory.

Bean counting has never been the Jets problem, it's fielding a team with the right blend of youth and veteran talent with a coaching staff that can figure out how to put it together on the field. I have no doubt we will figure out a way to spend money, I'm much more concerned about our ability to field a talented well coached team that can actually play at the level needed to win a SB.

Idzik like Tannenbaum will find a way to get the books to balance. It's the talent part that's the problem.

people completelystuck with Sanchez on the team next yr is hell..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    It's known as one the worse trades in sports history. There isn't a GM in world gonna make that kind if deal again ..