Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Idzik - " Play Like a Jet "

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Play like a Raven
    Play like a Champion Today
    Play like a Jet

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I don't think I'm overstating it when I say that this thread has the potential to save the franchise.
    I think it is more likely that this franchise has the potential to save the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Why does Idzik using Rex's catchphrase not bother anyone ?...this is a new GM with hopefully his own ideas and thoughts on how to BUILD and run a team...on his first day uses the catchphrase of the lame duck head coach....just seems to me that a strong exec who is his own person would not even dream of using that phrase...for example, let's just say the Jets were able to land Polian...you think in a million years in his introductory press conference he would have uttered the words "Play Like a Jet "...no chance ....this to me has red flags written all over it.....
    Grunt .... Ugghhhh ... Mm,mm,h .... Ahhhhh .... King Kongs Finger.

You people miss the most obvious things it amazes me...using that phrase is a very BAD sign...shows no confidence and he is tying himself to the hip with Rex just like Tanny was...

Jets Insider VIP
    You people miss the most obvious things it amazes me...using that phrase is a very BAD sign...shows no confidence and he is tying himself to the hip with Rex just like Tanny was...
    save yourself

quit while you are behind

All League
    Also, Rex and Idzik both were hired in the month of January! We are really doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    The real problem is when coaches say it having a strong accent!

Its now reported that when Sparano said the phrase the entire offense thought he said" "Play like a sh1t".

This is a worse scandal than when we named captains in 2011.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Who cares?

Why does Idzik using Rex's catchphrase not bother anyone ?...this is a new GM with hopefully his own ideas and thoughts on how to BUILD and run a team...on his first day uses the catchphrase of the lame duck head coach....just seems to me that a strong exec who is his own person would not even dream of using that phrase...for example, let's just say the Jets were able to land Polian...you think in a million years in his introductory press conference he would have uttered the words "Play Like a Jet "...no chance ....this to me has red flags written all over it.....
    What do you have a hair across your a$$? Slightly nitpicky as far as I'm concerned. Are you looking for a reason to indict the guy? Because that is exactly what it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I don't think I'm overstating it when I say that this thread has the potential to save the franchise.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Zzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    Punch yourself in the junk and re-think your post.

bizarre interpretation.

Actions speak louder than words.

+1. A "strong exec who is his own person" would also bring his own people into the front office, surround himself with guys he's had success with in the past, rather than sing the praises of a failed personnel team and keep every one of them in place. Bad sign from day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    +1. A "strong exec who is his own person" would also bring his own people into the front office, surround himself with guys he's had success with in the past, rather than sing the praises of a failed personnel team and keep every one of them in place. Bad sign from day 1.
    A failed personnel team that has led the Jets to their most successful decade in their history
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-03-2013 at 02:07 PM.

he said "play like a jet" ... forget his scouting ability, salary cap knowledge, and Football IQ.... this guy took a quote his very own coach says and said it to the public. Fire him immediately! He's not original lmao ...

All Pro
    Rex stole that phrase from the Ravens. "Play Like a Raven"