Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We need a Pro QB like this!

Veteran
    O'Brien definitely had some great, great games.

It's a long time ago and looking back, I can't quite remember why he was never able to get over the hump personally or with the Jets.

Rookie
    I wish we could see a pro passing game like this again!

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2011/11/27/t...l-november-27/

Rookie
    A passing game that goes for the Win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS3HBPALgkM

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jims jetts View Post
    A passing game that goes for the Win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS3HBPALgkM
    What a call. I wouldve ran it on 3rd and goal.

Ken O'Brien would have been a stud if it wasn't for the shlt line he had in front of him.

Practice Squad
    Walton + Kotite > Parcells + Belichick

Imagine if we had ANY coaching.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is why I have Kenny as my avatar. It was a great era in Jets football. We had a real QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Ken O'Brien would have been a stud if it wasn't for the shlt line he had in front of him.
    agreed. I loved when he played against Marino and outplayed him. If Marino was a Jet and OB was a Dolphin I wonder how he would have fared! Marino would have had to run for his life with us!

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    This is why I have Kenny as my avatar. It was a great era in Jets football. We had a real QB.

The O'Brien era yielded 3 playoff appearances and 1 win, and that game Pat Ryan started and played. Once O'Brien got in vs. Cleveland the offense looked horrible, and until a brief revitalization under Coslet, his career never again approached that hot first half of 1986. Predictably, that was also the beginning of the dark ages until Parcells comes around. I'll give him his credit for game 16 in 1991 and going throw for throw with Moon the following week in the Astrodome (Moon himself left much to be desired in the playoffs), but I fail to see anything great in any sense of the word (aside from some amazingly thrown deep balls) regarding the O'Brien era.

Does anyone know where to find a Kenny O. Jersey? I've been searching for weeks with no luck.

I always liked that helmet design.alot more green. Jets should change back to that design.

This game may have also been the last time the Jets had three timeouts at the two minute warning.

You people make me laugh how you re-invent history. Truth be known he had a great arm but was not a very good QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    You people make me laugh how you re-invent history. Truth be known he had a great arm but was not a very good QB.
    +1 The only Jet QB in history with no rushing td's.. Namath with braces on had 7.. Blame the line that Freeman avg 4.5 ypc behind, the truth was Kenny was a statue pigeons used to crap on because he took forever to get rid of the ball and never learned how to throw it away.. Guys with their feet in cement were more mobile but yes he had a great arm..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    +1 The only Jet QB in history with no rushing td's.. Namath with braces on had 7.. Blame the line that Freeman avg 4.5 ypc behind, the truth was Kenny was a statue pigeons used to crap on because he took forever to get rid of the ball and never learned how to throw it away.. Guys with their feet in cement were more mobile but yes he had a great arm..
    Ummmmmm this!!!!!!!

Also Kenny was a nice person no doubt, but for the folks out here to compare him to Marino is silly. It reminds me of those 100 page threads with posters out here saying Chad was better than Brady......

I always put it up to the fact that we Jets have short and forgiving memories...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmmmm this!!!!!!!

Also Kenny was a nice person no doubt, but for the folks out here to compare him to Marino is silly. It reminds me of those 100 page threads with posters out here saying Chad was better than Brady......

I always put it up to the fact that we Jets have short and forgiving memories
    There's that and some are more prone to Dementia and early Alzheimer's..

Rookie
    I would give Sanchez's right arm for a passing combo like this!

http://youtu.be/SxGxWEF7DhU

Rookie
    This passing combo works too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXxvfxf8fcw

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I always liked that helmet design.alot more green. Jets should change back to that design.