Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Bill Parcells In The Hall Of Fame/ Class of 2013 merged

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He was 9-7 after 1-15.

He was 12-4 our best record in history.

He was 8-8 after losing his franchise QB in Week 1.

I'm going to Canton in August for the induction, will bring Tailgate Ed with me to cook and clean.

SAR I
    Only you could find a hybrid of Fireman Ed and Tailgate Joe..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Only you could find a hybrid of Fireman Ed and Tailgate Joe...
    That's exactly what I was implying.

I'm going to hire him, have him cook lots of sticky food that's difficult to clean up, and have my kids verbally harass him.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That's exactly what I was implying.

I'm going to hire him, have him cook lots of sticky food that's difficult to clean up, and have my kids verbally harass him.

SAR I
    Plus if there's a fire your covered also..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Fcuk parcells. I don't hate anyone in the NFL as much as him.

1- Changed our logo from awesome to inanimate "toilet bowl n' ball" design.

2- Decided randomly that our colour is no longer an attractive true green, it's a late 90's style forest green that is almost the colour of the Hudson river.

3- Passed on Peyton Manning.

This guy was the absolute worst thing to happen to the Jets in the last 20 years. To see some of you worship his sweaty ass makes me sick.
    LOL! Thanks for the humor this Sunday morning...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus if there's a fire your covered also..
    My 11 year old son just asked "Are we allowed to throw barbecue sauce and garbage at the tailgate guy or can we only say rude things?" and I answered that shooting him with Nerf darts might be more appropriate.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My 11 year old son just asked "Are we allowed to throw barbecue sauce and garbage at the tailgate guy or can we only say rude things?" and I answered that shooting him with Nerf darts might be more appropriate.

SAR I
    Try Sanchez darts they will never hit him..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strahan needed Brett Favre in the hall of fame voting room to help him get in.

Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen were dominant players. They deserved to get in immediately.

Congrats to Bill Parcells. He deserved it. It would be funny if he comes back into coaching in 2014 just to spite the voters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try Sanchez darts they will never hit him..
    Even better, someone else will probably catch them and bring them back to you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Even better, someone else will probably catch them and bring them back to you.
    They will only pick 6 though..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    So you wanna start this up again? And bring your kids into it? Really??

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    It's his time of the month and he's out of Midol..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many posts do you think it would take me to make him cry to the mods to ban me?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    How many posts do you think it would take me to make him cry to the mods to ban me?
    Zero they wouldn't ban you plus they would love to see him cry..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're working for me now. August, Canton, Parcells induction, I'm reserving you.

My kids will behave so long as you promise not to drip grease on their Gucci loafers.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Zero they wouldn't ban you plus they would love to see him cry..
    You're working for me now. August, Canton, Parcells induction, I'm reserving you.

My kids will behave so long as you promise not to drip grease on their Gucci loafers.

SAR I

-

-

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    When it came to Parcells as Jets head coach, it was a lot of the little things that I noticed. For instance, the Kotite Jets of '95 and '96 were about the most undisciplined and gutless group I can ever remember. Any time those Jets made a big play on either side of the ball, you just knew a flag was coming in, and the big play would be nullified by a hold or offsides. First thing I noticed with Parcells as coach was the virtual absence of those penalties. Same group of players in '97 as the previous year, yet suddenly they were disciplined and not beating themselves. Next thing that caught my attention was the confidence under Parcells. The Kotite Jets when faced with a 4th and 1 at about midfield would always punt. Parcells, by contrast, would go for the 1st and almost always get it. Again, this was with the same players as Kotite had. Parcells first game as head coach of the Jets was a road opener in Seattle. Naturally, I considered the Jets chances in that one to be slim and none. To say I was surprised by the 45-3 shellacking the Jets laid on the Seahawks would be the understatement of the decade. I realized the Jets finally had themselves a difference maker on the sidelines. When you consider a 1-15 team turned around a season later to 9-6 and actually playing the final game of 1997 for a playoff berth in Detroit (bad call on the Leon Johnson halfback option, TBH), it's not difficult to appreciate the miracle Parcells performed as head coach of the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    When it came to Parcells as Jets head coach, it was a lot of the little things that I noticed. For instance, the Kotite Jets of '95 and '96 were about the most undisciplined and gutless group I can ever remember. Any time those Jets made a big play on either side of the ball, you just knew a flag was coming in, and the big play would be nullified by a hold or offsides. First thing I noticed with Parcells as coach was the virtual absence of those penalties. Same group of players in '97 as the previous year, yet suddenly they were disciplined and not beating themselves. Next thing that caught my attention was the confidence under Parcells. The Kotite Jets when faced with a 4th and 1 at about midfield would always punt. Parcells, by contrast, would go for the 1st and almost always get it. Again, this was with the same players as Kotite had. Parcells first game as head coach of the Jets was a road opener in Seattle. Naturally, I considered the Jets chances in that one to be slim and none. To say I was surprised by the 45-3 shellacking the Jets laid on the Seahawks would be the understatement of the decade. I realized the Jets finally had themselves a difference maker on the sidelines. When you consider a 1-15 team turned around a season later to 9-6 and actually playing the final game of 1997 for a playoff berth in Detroit (bad call on the Leon Johnson halfback option, TBH), it's not difficult to appreciate the miracle Parcells performed as head coach of the Jets.
    Sparano took over the 1-15 Fins and went 11-5 and did make the playoffs yet he stinks on ice..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    who does Parcells choose for his HoF presenter? Can't go Taylor, can he? Curtis? Maybe someone like Madden?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    who does Parcells choose for his HoF presenter? Can't go Taylor, can he? Curtis? Maybe someone like Madden?
    Simms? Carson? Coughlin?

Those come to mind but there are probably a number of other guys he's close with that could be his 'guy'.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Simms? Carson?
    I could see Carson. Might make LT sad, though! Will be interesting if it is a former player, which team will he be from?