Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Bill Parcells In The Hall Of Fame/ Class of 2013 merged

JetsInsider.com Legend

BREAKING: Bill Parcells In The Hall Of Fame/ Class of 2013 merged

Congrats, Tuna.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 02-02-2013 at 05:59 PM.

All Pro

HOF class of 2013

Larry Allen
    Warren Sapp
    Cris Carter (about time)
    Jonathan Ogden
    Bill Parells

Curley Culp
    Dave Robinson

Few quick thoughts. Good for Allen and Ogden. OL get the short end of the stick usually but they were both deserving (Allen is arguably the GOAT OG).

Strahan will make it. Just not this year. His teammates sounded like idiots this week. Probably didn't help things coming off like thugturds.

Wasn't sure Sapp would make it, particularly over Strahan. He's the only one on that list I am moderately surprised about. Overall, a good set of choices.
    Last edited by nycdan; 02-02-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Larry Allen
    Warren Sapp
    Cris Carter (about time)
    Jonathan Ogden
    Bill Parells

Curley Culp
    Dave Robinson
    All deserving! Congrats to Parcells!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Never understood the love for that guy...could have drafted Peyton Manning...never ever will forget that

Great coach, well deserved HOF. I just can't get over missing on Manning
    Last edited by JonEJet; 02-02-2013 at 06:04 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Never understood the love for that guy...could have drafted Peyton Manning...never ever will forget that

Great coach, well deserved HOF. I just can't get over his drafting
    He restored order and pride to the Jets, resurrected our franchise in a single year, set us on the trajectory that lasted until 2010.

He had his flaws, but if you have to name a single Jet between Namath and 2013 who had the biggest impact on our franchise, Bill Parcells is that Jet.

SAR I

Well deserved, congratulations.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He restored order and pride to the Jets, resurrected our franchise in a single year, set us on the trajectory that lasted until 2010.

He had his flaws, but if you have to name a single Jet between Namath and 2013 who had the biggest impact on our franchise, Bill Parcells is that Jet.

SAR I
    Agree...he turned the franchise around. 1998 was a special season

But in typical Jet fan fashion, I always say to myself "what if" when it comes to Manning

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Great coach, well deserved HOF. I just can't get over missing on Manning
    He said he would coach for 3 years and did.. He didn't want a rookie QB to deal with.. Hell he benched Phil Simms for Scott Brunner and Simms wasn't a rookie.. In hindsight a major FU...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Agree...he turned the franchise around. 1998 was a special season

But in typical Jet fan fashion, I always say to myself "what if" when it comes to Manning
    That had more to do with our owner than our head coach. Unfortunately Leon Hess picked the wrong year to die.

Archie Manning wanted his son to play in a first class organization, and unfortunately the Jets didn't fit that mold at that time. Just too much instability. Besides, history shows that Peyton Manning is a lousy cold-weather quarterback and has a propensity to play small in postseason games.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Larry Allen
    Warren Sapp
    Cris Carter (about time)
    Jonathan Ogden
    Bill Parells

Curley Culp
    Dave Robinson

Few quick thoughts. Good for Allen and Ogden. OL get the short end of the stick usually but they were both deserving (Allen is arguably the GOAT OG).

Strahan will make it. Just not this year. His teammates sounded like idiots this week. Probably didn't help things coming off like thugturds.

Wasn't sure Sapp would make it, particularly over Strahan. He's the only one on that list I am moderately surprised about. Overall, a good set of choices.
    Sapp was a 7 time Pro bowler and 4 time All Pro and had almost 100 sacks as a DT... Strahan will make it next year..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That had more to do with our owner than our head coach. Unfortunately Leon Hess picked the wrong year to die.

Archie Manning wanted his son to play in a first class organization, and unfortunately the Jets didn't fit that mold at that time. Just too much instability. Besides, history shows that Peyton Manning is a lousy cold-weather quarterback and has a propensity to play small in postseason games.

SAR I
    That wasn't the reason Parcells wouldn't guarantee that he would take Peyton with the first pick..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Sapp was a 7 time Pro bowler and 4 time All Pro and had almost 100 sacks as a DT... Strahan will make it next year..
    Oddly, Strahan was also a 7 time pro bowler and 4 time all pro.

Also had over 100 sacks (as a DE).

Not arguing with Sapp, just saying it was probably a close decision between those two.

Glad to see Parcells make it in his own lifetime. Pretty much symbolic of NFL success. If he doesn't get in, no coach deserves to be in.

As far as Sapp goes, Pro football HOF is not supposed to be based strictly on numbers like MLB HOF. Football's is more based on contributions and impact on the game. There was a long stretch where there wasn't a more technically sound, or feared interior defensive lineman in the league than Warren Sapp. Granted, he played on a sick Defense in Tampa and he was shot by the time he went to Oakland. But the Tampa Two, wasn't quite the same with Booger Mac in the middle vs. times when Sapp was in. Plus, he had a personality that drew fans in. That last part shouldn't have a large bearing, but with certain players, it does. Not sure if this is his first ballot, but even so, he is very deserving. IMHO, of course...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Giant coach

Jets Insider VIP
    good to see the second ever head coach of the NY Jets get into the Pro Football HOF. The only blemishes on his stellar coaching record are his miserable performance as a grocery shopper and his quitting like a dog on the Patriots, Jets and Cowboys

Beliache ** and Rex should be numbers 3 and 4
    Last edited by sg3; 02-02-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    good to see the second ever head coach of the NY Jets get into the Pro Football HOF. The only blemishes on his stellar coaching record are his miserable performance as a grocery shopper and his quitting like a dog on the Patriots, Jets and Cowboys

Beliache ** and Rex should be numbers 3 and 4
    Don't leave out the dolphins

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Don't leave out the dolphins
    I thought the Dolphins "quitted" him before he could issue his customary quit on them

could be mistaken though

Thrilled that Parcells and Carter made it and that Modell didn't. Every year Modell doesn't make it is another year the voters did an excellent job. He should never get in for what he did to Cleveland.

Hall Of Fame
    Why didn't we draft Sapp again?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Thrilled that Parcells and Carter made it and that Modell didn't. Every year Modell doesn't make it is another year the voters did an excellent job. He should never get in for what he did to Cleveland.
    +1