Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: More of the real Ray Lewis revealed

  1. #1

    More of the real Ray Lewis revealed

    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...brZRgJtcFYHdFP

    What’s his defense?

    Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis — who earned $7.2 million in 2011 — couldn’t spare a dime of it for his own charity, The Post has learned.

    Lewis, who is playing his last game in tonight’s Super Bowl, set up two charities to polish his image after pleading guilty to obstruction of justice in 2000 in connection with a double homicide in Atlanta that year.

    He started the Ray Lewis Foundation in 2002, but the group lost its IRS tax-exempt status because it failed to file tax returns for three years.

    He opened the similarly named Ray Lewis Family Foundation in 2010.



    The organization’s biggest events are giveaways of school supplies and food. But most of the loot is donated by businesses, such as Walmart.

    Charity officials did not respond to requests for comment.
    Last edited by VonDarkmoor; 02-03-2013 at 06:40 AM.

  2. #2
    So, he didn't donate in 2011?...ok? So what?

    TL;DR: BAWWWWWWWWWW

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,809
    He is an inspirational leader. He is leading his team of destiny to destiny.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He is an inspirational leader. He is leading his team of destiny to destiny.
    inb4 48-3 Niners victory.

    You've jinxed it, damn it.

  5. #5
    the fact of the matter he donated all those other years where some donate nothing.

    ray lewis the man the myth the legend.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    I wouldn't say he should be idolized, but he's no thug either. He's a great football player who appears to have a positive impact on those close to him. And he did some charity work in the past...what more do you want from the guy?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the fact of the matter he donated all those other years where some donate nothing.

    ray lewis the man the myth the legend.
    Fuk'n douche.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    Fuk'n douche.

  10. #10
    Who cares.

    I feel bad for his charities, but other than that, who cares. Does it surprise you?

  11. #11
    The whole thing doesn't bother me, but the Ray Lewis storyline has gotten old. Can't wait for tonight to get over with so I don't have to see my sports news being cluttered with pictures and videos of Ray crying and being inspirational. It's REALLY played out.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,735
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The whole thing doesn't bother me, but the Ray Lewis storyline has gotten old. Can't wait for tonight to get over with so I don't have to see my sports news being cluttered with pictures and videos of Ray crying and being inspirational. It's REALLY played out.
    LOL.

    Wifey just asked me "is that guy like the inspiration behind the whole team or something, and why does he always look like hes gonna cry"

    I didnt have the energy to tell her about how he has been done dirty with the whole deer antler velvet concentrate.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    LOL.

    Wifey just asked me "is that guy like the inspiration behind the whole team or something, and why does he always look like hes gonna cry"

    I didnt have the energy to tell her about how he has been done dirty with the whole deer antler velvet concentrate.
    I mean, it was ok at first. It's his last hoorah and all that, so it was tolerable. Then, it became a "HEY, LOOK AT ME BEING SO INSPIRATIONAL! YES! TEARS, MAN! SHOW YO FACE, FATHER! *BIRD NOISE* *BIRD NOISE*".

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,735
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I mean, it was ok at first. It's his last hoorah and all that, so it was tolerable. Then, it became a "HEY, LOOK AT ME BEING SO INSPIRATIONAL! YES! TEARS, MAN! SHOW YO FACE, FATHER! *BIRD NOISE* *BIRD NOISE*".
    LOL!

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,893
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The whole thing doesn't bother me, but the Ray Lewis storyline has gotten old. Can't wait for tonight to get over with so I don't have to see my sports news being cluttered with pictures and videos of Ray crying and being inspirational. It's REALLY played out.
    +1, it's real old.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The whole thing doesn't bother me, but the Ray Lewis storyline has gotten old. Can't wait for tonight to get over with so I don't have to see my sports news being cluttered with pictures and videos of Ray crying and being inspirational. It's REALLY played out.
    sort of like the sanchez butt fumble..........not really.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sort of like the sanchez butt fumble..........not really.
    Which has what to do with anything?

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He is an inspirational leader. He is leading his team of destiny to destiny.
    He is a murdering doucher! He inspires people who don't bother to learn facts or who don't care.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Which has what to do with anything?
    you say the ray lewis story is getting old, so is the failures of sanchez namely the butt fumble.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    you say the ray lewis story is getting old, so is the failures of sanchez namely the butt fumble.
    Again, what does that have to do with anything? Oh, it's because you think I'm a Sanchez supporter, right? Check your facts before you start speaking, assclown.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us