Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PER ESPN : Jets will not Release Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    One word. Tebow.

That is the difference.
    What is that supposed to mean?

Is the implication that Adam Schefter is working for the Jets as a PR man and what exactly is the pubic relations benefit to this report by Schefter. I don't follow. Is it to get more christians on the Jets side?... Will it get publicity for the public to go to church today?..

The real "one word" on this site is stupidity.
    Last edited by LeonM; 02-03-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    1. Damage control for the worst negotiating position ever.

2. Typical PR ploy to get the Jets into the headlines on Super Bowl Sunday.

Pathetic. This Idzik doof looks to be no different than the rest of the circus, getting his seat in the clown car nice and toasty.

SAR I
    Idzik has failed to prove he is a doof yet, you on the other hand have thousands of posts to prove it.

Does anyone on this site know how to read? The report says that rather than Release Tebow when the league year starts in March, the Jets will look to trade him instead Who cares when he is released? He won't be on the roster when the season starts... They will try to trade him or will eventually cut him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    My tickets up for sale if "it's" still on the team next season. Whole season. 10 games, 135, row 30, 29-32 on the aisle 25 ydln.
    Good luck selling those!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Does anyone on this site know how to read? The report says that rather than Release Tebow when the league year starts in March, the Jets will look to trade him instead Who cares when he is released? He won't be on the roster when the season starts... They will try to trade him or will eventually cut him!
    We realize that. Tebow fans, on the other hand, do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    No that makes too much sense.

It is a PR PLOY designed by the Jets to distract people from the fact that James Ihedigbo is playing in the superbowl. It is a PR PLOY designed to force christians to buy more Tebow jerseys. It is a PR PLOY orchestrated by the Jets to help sell more newspapers. It is a PR PLOY planned by the Jets to get more people to hate them. It is a PR PLOY designed by John Idzik because he wants to get his picture in the papers again.

All Pro

Pathetic. This Idzik doof looks to be no different than the rest of the circus, getting his seat in the clown car nice and toasty.

SAR I
    Yeah. It's all over the Super Bowl coverage. Oh, wait. It's not.

SAR I
    Spoken from the biggest doof, attention seeking whore, "look at me," on this site. Pathetic?...you should look in the mirror.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Spoken from the biggest doof, attention seeking whore, "look at me," on this site. Pathetic?...you should look in the mirror.
    Projection taken to an art form.

If he gets cut, he's signing with Jacksonville. Jets have zero leverage in the trade department. If they got a 4th back for Tebow (what they spent), I'd do back flips.

I don't believe that will happen. Tebow for a 5th sounds about right IF a team bit on a trade.

What would the compensatory pick be for Tebow. Zero, I believe. A 7th?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If he gets cut, he's signing with Jacksonville. Jets have zero leverage in the trade department. If they got a 4th back for Tebow (what they spent), I'd do back flips.

I don't believe that will happen. Tebow for a 5th sounds about right.

What would the compensatory pick be for Tebow. Zero, I believe. A 7th?
    draft picks arent even a sure thing to make the damn roster. tebow was never given a fair chance here thats a fact jack!

If the Jets did leak this to get attention, it's not working. Which tells me that they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    draft picks arent even a sure thing to make the damn roster. tebow was never given a fair chance here thats a fact jack!
    It's not a team's obligation to give every bad player a job. Accept it, deal with it, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's not a team's obligation to give every bad player a job. Accept it, deal with it, and move on.
    if tebow is a bad player what is sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if tebow is a bad player what is sanchez?
    Another bad player? lol, find a point.

I find it funny how Tebow fans ALWAYS try to compare him to another bad player when someone speaks ill towards Tim. "BUT BUT BUT THAT OTHER GUY IS A BAD PLAYER TOO DOE!". Comparing lolbow to failchez really isn't a ringing endorsement of your idol.

If we can't trade him in can we give him to a charity and take a write off? I just did this with an old car that doesn't run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Per ESPN Radio just now.

Jets will look to trade Tebow ... else they will retain him.
    Smart move in a bad spot. Idzik is doing his job. Even if you have every intention of cutting him you still should see who might bite. After watching the Seahawks and 49ers maybe some GM thinks he can add a wrinkle to his offense by adding Tebow. If not, cut him.

I find it funny how Tebow fans ALWAYS try to compare him to another bad player when someone speaks ill towards Tim. "BUT BUT BUT THAT OTHER GUY IS A BAD PLAYER TOO DOE!". Comparing lolbow to failchez really isn't a ringing endorsement of your idol.
    +111111111111111111. I can't believe this report is coming as a surprise to anyone. It's in the teams best interest to try and trade him. Any compensation for that nightmare of a move helps this team, even if its a seventh rounder or a conditional pick.

I think Tebow was not given a fair chance as well, BUT, this isn't "everyone gets a trophy". If the coach doesn't like you, nothing you can do about it. Incredibly frustrating for the player, but this is a professional sports organization (I tread lightly on "professional" BTW). They're not obligated to start a player so his feelings don't get hurt.

Another example of a possible leak, but if true it could be a decoy from the Jets. If they admit they are going to release Tebow, then he'll have absolutely no trade value going forward. He may not have any to begin with though. I think a 6th rounder is his max value.