Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PER ESPN : Jets will not Release Tebow

Not sure why any of this is news. The Jets are just looking to see if they can get anything for him. If not - he will be released.

Out of respect for Tebow they must release him if they can't find any trade partners.

This is not a PR ploy and Idzik is not a doof...The negativity on this board is unbelievable

tebow gives us a better chance at winning. we are in salary cap hell we cant afford to bring anyone else in.

lets all support tebow.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So when did Shefter become the Jets PR guy?

Ever think Shefter has sat on this for a few days to get Tebow back on ESPN for Super Bowl Sunday...Nah, of course you didn't
    Clearly, Idzik planted this leak. The timing is irrelevant. What matters is that nothing is changing, Same Ol' Circus.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Clearly, Idzik planted this leak. The timing is irrelevant. What matters is that nothing is changing, Same Ol' Circus.

SAR I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2mn_S0kls

SAR I
    Right, you know this to be fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Per ESPN Radio just now.

Jets will look to trade Tebow ... else they will retain him.
    I really wish they could get Tebow to give up the QB obsession. If they did, and he was to stick with the team? The Jets could make his value literally skyrocket.

They could make him a FB. They could design many different plays taking advantage of his pass catching ability out of the back field. They could simply hand the ball off to him as he tends to shed tacklers because he's so strong. They could still have him be the QB in the wildcat formation. They could use him as a TE. That's where I think Tim Tebow would discover where his football talent lies.

By the time the Jets were done reinventing Tebow he would have HUGE trade value. At that point, the Jets probably wouldn't want to trade him.

Cool

The STUPIDITY on this board is unbelievable.

I want Tebow gone as much as the next person, if not more so. But why not see if a trade can be done? That's only beneficial to the team. If no takers are found, then you cut him. Jets aren't gonna keep his salary on the cap when they know they're not gonna use him. And don't reply with "no one is gonna trade for him!" No one thought Tebow would be drafted in the first round either. We have no idea what other NFL teams are thinking. Jets are smart for trying to get something for this guy.

SAR I
    "clearly"?

Hardly.

Great job starting the third string QB over Tebow. I'm sure his value skyrocketed when you had a nobody leap frog him for the starting job.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Great job starting the third string QB over Tebow. I'm sure his value skyrocketed when you had a nobody leap frog him for the starting job.
    Helped more than letting him play would've.

Hall Of Fame
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    NFL has questioned Redskins when they expect Robert Griffin III to return from knee injury so it can better schedule nationally TV games

Only near certainty is that Redskins QB Robert Griffin III is expected to open training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform List.

Guess he just got this info too...
    Not sure what that proves or mean but we are talking about completely different things. The NFL trying to plan ahead for RG3's return isn't sexy news.

We are talking about Tebow. Everything "Tebow" is news, especially on ESPN.

Again, it isn't impossible but every media outlet is obsessed with Tebow and the chances for him to keep something a secret successfully are small IMO.

Either way, I don't care. As long as he isn't on the team in 2013 I will be happy. The fact that they don't plan to release him before the league year starts does not mean that he will be on the team come TC.

Not a Tebow fan,but if he stays what about getting him to lose that wait and have Mornhinweg install read option packages

1. Damage control for the worst negotiating position ever.

2. Typical PR ploy to get the Jets into the headlines on Super Bowl Sunday.

Pathetic. This Idzik doof looks to be no different than the rest of the circus, getting his seat in the clown car nice and toasty.

SAR I
    Like most people here. I will bite on your post.

1-Jets have nothing to lose by holding on to Tebow till whenever they choose to make a final decision on him. If true, It shows that the Jets are not desperate for that extra million dollars of cap space.

2-What do the Jets have to gain by releasing this info as a "PR ploy"... The headline helps in what way exactly. Does it sell psl's, tickets or more jerseys?.. How from a PR standpoint? Do the Jets benefit if they are truly responsible for releasing this information?

This information spun a negative way can paint the Jets as being jerks for holding the holier than thou, Tim Tebow hostage against his will and not allowing him to be a free man and leave the "circus".

If any of this info is true, John Idzik is doing player evaluations with members of the organization, scouts and coaches and has decided that this is the course of action to take with Tebow.

Will the Jets keep Tebow when the 2013 season starts. I doubt it but if they are, it tells me that the coaches, Marty Mornhinweg and David Lee want Tim to be a part of the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Like most people here. I will bite on your post.

1-Jets have nothing to lose by holding on to Tebow till whenever they choose to make a final decision on him. If true, It shows that the Jets are not desperate for that extra million dollars of cap space.

2-What do the Jets have to gain by releasing this info as a "PR ploy"... The headline helps in what way exactly. Does it sell psl's, tickets or more jerseys?.. How from a PR standpoint? Do the Jets benefit if they are truly responsible for releasing this information?

This information spun a negative way can paint the Jets as being jerks for holding the holier than thou, Tim Tebow hostage against his will and not allowing him to be a free man and leave the "circus".

If any of this info is true, John Idzik is doing player evaluations with members of the organization, scouts and coaches and has decided that this is the course of action to take with Tebow.

Will the Jets keep Tebow when the 2013 season starts. I doubt it but if they are, it tells me that the coaches, Marty Mornhinweg and David Lee want Tim to be a part of the roster.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-NrP...e_gdata_player

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    tebow gives us a better chance at winning. we are in salary cap hell we cant afford to bring anyone else in.

lets all support tebow.
    I'm assuming there aren't many Canadian football forums for you to pledge your allegiance to Tebow on so you're still holding out hope he ends up staying with the Jets. lol

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    NFL has questioned Redskins when they expect Robert Griffin III to return from knee injury so it can better schedule nationally TV games

Only near certainty is that Redskins QB Robert Griffin III is expected to open training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform List.

Guess he just got this info too...
    Any story about the Jets is a "PR PLOY". Any story about any of the other 31 teams in the NFL is just a report. The Jets A PR PLOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For what reason, who knows... but a PR PLOY NONETHELESS.

I actually think there is still hope for Sanchez in Morninweg's offense.

A better OC combined with some upgraded personnel may yet save Sanchez.

He did win 4 road playoff games at one time!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Any story about the Jets is a "PR PLOY". Any story about any of the other 31 teams in the NFL is just a report. The Jets A PR PLOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For what reason, who knows... but a PR PLOY NONETHELESS.
    One word. Tebow.

That is the difference.

My personal hell continues. Get this guy
    Out of the building please, he will not help our team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    tebow will be the jets starting qb in 2013.
    The odds of that happening in a WCO is 10000:1.