Thread: Defense Secretary Panetta Admits Information from Waterboarding Led US to Bin Laden

Jets Insider VIP

Defense Secretary Panetta Admits Information from Waterboarding Led US to Bin Laden

I thought that the party line was that waterboarding doesn't work???

Yes, waterboarding worked.

Today on Meet the Press Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta admitted that information gleaned from waterboarded detainees was used to track down al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and kill him.

“The real story was that in order to put the puzzle of intelligence together that led us to Bin Laden, there were a lot of pieces out there that were a part of that puzzle. Yes, some of it came from some of the tactics that were used at that time, interrogation tactics that were used. But the fact is we put together most of that intelligence without having to resort to that.”

Hall Of Fame
    Did Barry get around to closing Gitmo yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Did Barry get around to closing Gitmo yet?
    How would you that to happen? Congress won't fund it and make it illegal to house any gitmo prisoners within the U.S, other than those 2 issues it should be pretty simple to complete.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    How would you that to happen? Congress won't fund it and make it illegal to house any gitmo prisoners within the U.S, other than those 2 issues it should be pretty simple to complete.
    But I thought the buck stopped with Barry?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I don't view his comments as a ringing endorsement of waterboarding interrogation tactics. He clearly states that most of the intelligence leading to Bin Laden's death was not obtained using these methods.

I'd like to hear Panetta's thoughts about how much false information came out of the torture sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I don't view his comments as a ringing endorsement of waterboarding interrogation tactics. He clearly states that most of the intelligence leading to Bin Laden's death was not obtained using these methods.

I'd like to hear Panetta's thoughts about how much false information came out of the torture sessions.
    There were only 4 or 5 terrorists that were water boarded as far as Ive heard. This was much ado about nothing. Meanwhile when Barry was on the apology tour in 2009 he made a statement that "no longer will we torture our prisoners", essentially admitting falsely that the U.S. tortures prisoners. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    There were only 4 or 5 terrorists that were water boarded as far as Ive heard. This was much ado about nothing. Meanwhile when Barry was on the apology tour in 2009 he made a statement that "no longer will we torture our prisoners", essentially admitting falsely that the U.S. tortures prisoners. Disgusting.
    He doesn't torture tho.

Doesn't capture either.

He simply kills them, their families and their neighbors, and any other suspects that may be about.

Got to hand it to him, it's a brillaint solution. No need for courts of prisons if you simply drone-bomb anyone you suspect.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I read that the courier's name was gotten from waterboarding. Isn't that the most important part? the rest of the stuff is probably easy to get...

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    He doesn't torture tho.

Doesn't capture either.

He simply kills them, their families and their neighbors, and any other suspects that may be about.

Got to hand it to him, it's a brillaint solution. No need for courts of prisons if you simply drone-bomb anyone you suspect.
    One of the few things Barry does that I support is the drone killings. For a lib that man is one blood thirsty guy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Your post is a bit contradictory, no? First you admit that there were terrorists who were waterboarded, then your next statement is that the President falsely admitted that the U.S. tortures prisoners.

So which is it?

He won't close Gitmo till we are out of the Middle East.