Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tampa is the Pigeon and Revis has to be the bait

All Pro

Tampa is the Pigeon and Revis has to be the bait

The Bucs proved last season 2 things. They can score points and they can't stop anyone from scoring. The offense is stil intact and that team has a boatload of cap space. The biggest need on that team is a CB who can cover after the team traded away troubled CB Talib to the patriots and moved former starting CB Barber to safety.

That team is going to target a CB with it's 1st round pick, so i ask u. What player in this draft is worth passing up the opportunity to get the Best CB in the NFL and mabe the best defensive player overall when healthy ?

Darelle Revis or Dee Milliner.

Who would you rather have if you had to face these QBs year after yr.

Kap
    Wilson
    Bradford

I either want to trade Revis this offseason, or extend him this offseason.

Letting him play next season is a mistake. We're in rebuilding mod, and can't afford for him to walk away without receiving anything but a compensation pick.

All Pro
    And i just want to trade him starting with a 1st and going from there.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I either want to trade Revis this offseason, or extend him this offseason.

Letting him play next season is a mistake. We're in rebuilding mod, and can't afford for him to walk away without receiving anything but a compensation pick.
    I agree.

Sh!t or get off the pot.

link? speculation? bathroom stall banter?

dump

i say revis stays.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree.

Sh!t or get off the pot.
    Don't ever say "Get off the Pot" to freestater..

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The Bucs proved last season 2 things. They can score points and they can't stop anyone from scoring. The offense is stil intact and that team has a boatload of cap space. The biggest need on that team is a CB who can cover after the team traded away troubled CB Talib to the patriots and moved former starting CB Barber to safety.

That team is going to target a CB with it's 1st round pick, so i ask u. What player in this draft is worth passing up the opportunity to get the Best CB in the NFL and mabe the best defensive player overall when healthy ?

Kap
    Wilson
    Bradford
    how about Millner, William Moore, DRC and Tracey Porter or Revis which is what the bucs can do with the 15 mill in FA money.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    IMHO trade him if we can get "overpaid" for him. Sign him if not.

If we keep him it will be great to see a NY Jet inducted into the hall of fame.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    IMHO trade him if we can get "overpaid" for him. Sign him if not.

If we keep him it will be great to see a NY Jet inducted into the hall of fame.
    Do you mean a drafted player that was a Jet or one that happened to play with the Jets?? It's the drafted ones we are short off.. Riggens and Namath are the only drafted one's I can think of???

Kap
    Wilson
    Bradford
    How much Is Revis going to cost you compare to Dee Milliner. Not only do you have to pay that price salary wise, but you have to pay the price trade wise. All this plays into the thought process and It not as simple who the better player.

IF You want to do many thinks as an organization, I don't think there are many organizations that tie that much money in the Cb position.
    So Jets fans could want all the Picks they think Revis is worth , but if someone not willing to pay their price than Jets unfortunately are going to have to take what they can get back. Anything better than a late third round draft choice in 2015. That happens and a lot of fingers will be pointing at the new GM for letting that happen.

did you guys see champ bailey get spit roasted in the playoff game a few weeks ago.

keep revis enough said.

Kap
    Wilson
    Bradford
    The Bucs play in the NFC south....

Your list should be Newton, Brees, & Ryan. The point still stands (you may even have a better case), just saying though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    how about Millner, William Moore, DRC and Tracey Porter or Revis which is what the bucs can do with the 15 mill in FA money.
    Those 4 guys don't add up to Revis and you know it. The Jets and i don't want to trade revis because he's no good. He's got to go because of the situation the current salary cap and the players demands place us in.

We should not have a CB being the highest paid player on the team when the team has no Premium positions players to speak of currently on the team.

Brick and Mangold exempt of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    How much Is Revis going to cost you compare to Dee Milliner. Not only do you have to pay that price salary wise, but you have to pay the price trade wise. All this plays into the thought process and It not as simple who the better player.

IF You want to do many thinks as an organization, I don't think there are many organizations that tie that much money in the Cb position.
    So Jets fans could want all the Picks they think Revis is worth , but if someone not willing to pay their price than Jets unfortunately are going to have to take what they can get back. Anything better than a late third round draft choice in 2015. That happens and a lot of fingers will be pointing at the new GM for letting that happen.
    Why is it that it is the GM's fault. If Revis's contract demands are such that no team wants to trade for him with one year left on his deal how is it his fault. The new GM can not create such demand for a 15 mill a year corner that teams are willing to give premium picks. The marketplace is the market place.

What is he supposed to be a used car salesman selling something he does not value at 15 mill per to convince someone else to do so, plus give picks for the pleasure of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    did you guys see champ bailey get spit roasted in the playoff game a few weeks ago.

keep revis enough said.
    You can want to keep D Revis all you want but that eventually is his call to make, and not the Jets. Who knows maybe he wants to play out the year and test free agency. ( Joe Flacco, R Clady- who their teams have the franchise tag available) That happens than what choice do the Jets have.

Again just speculation but the Jets don't hold any cards here and they better know what they are going to do and do it fast. Time is definitely not on their side.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    The Bucs play in the NFC south....

Your list should be Newton, Brees, & Ryan. The point still stands (you may even have a better case), just saying though.
    Thanks, and u wouldn't even believed i looked it up before i posted it.

You're right again, that team needs Revis.

Those 4 guys don't add up to Revis and you know it. The Jets and i don't want to trade revis because he's no good. He's got to go because of the situation the current salary cap and the players demands place us in.

We should not have a CB being the highest paid player on the team when the team has no Premium positions players to speak of currently on the team.

Brick and Mangold exempt of course.
    Take this for a shot,

7mill DRC he is not a franchise type guy but almost.
    6mill moore- which is the franchise tag amount for Safety
    3 mill tracey porter (same salary as last year)
    2mil millner as the 13th pick

that is 18 mill, subtract the salaries of the 4 guys they are replacing on the roster say 1mill each player that is 14 mill vs Revis salary demands of 13-15 per year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Thanks, and u wouldn't even believed i looked it up before i posted it.

You're right again, that team needs Revis.
    At a reasonable salary yes at 15 million No..

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why is it that it is the GM's fault. If Revis's contract demands are such that no team wants to trade for him with one year left on his deal how is it his fault. The new GM can not create such demand for a 15 mill a year corner that teams are willing to give premium picks. The marketplace is the market place.

What is he supposed to be a used car salesman selling something he does not value at 15 mill per to convince someone else to do so, plus give picks for the pleasure of doing so.
    Comeon It isn't the New GM fault ( It was tanny for giving up the franchise tag) but no fan base is going to be able to handle losing a Revis(once a lifetime player) for anything less than a first. Unfortunately for him he going to take the blunt of the blame from the Fan base if Jets don't get anywhere close to that back for Revis.

That just might turn out to be the case. He doesn't sign with anyone , tests freeagency, leaves , and Jets are left holding the bag with a lousy late third round draft choice.
    That would be hard on any fan base if that would happen to accept.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-03-2013 at 02:26 PM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

keep revis enough said.
    I'm thinkin’ that Denver’s thinkin’ that they need to move fast. How many seasons does Manning have left?

Putting Revis in the Broncos secondary might be just what Elway needs to win the Super Bowl next year. Let the Broncos keep the 2013 # 1 to get a WR and they have Revis to put some steel in their defense. We get a boat load of picks in 2014 and 2015. Everyone is happy.

See what happens. Maybe my dream comes true and we get a bunch'o picks for him. If not Revis goes to the Hall as a Jet.