Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Saints fans put Jets fans to shame

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Shouldn't you be sucking Sanchez's balls right about now?
    He didn't drop them?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This was a franchise that did not have a winning season until the 1980s. And yet, the Superdome was packed with fans cheering and goofing off (i.e. putting bags on their heads) full of life.

Jets have a more successful history than the Saints. Yet their fans are grumpy whiners who moan and groan all the time.

Saints fans laugh at their inept history and accept it. Jets fans cringe and are embarrassed by it.

Saints attitude and patience paid off with a SB victory

Jets attitude and patience led to more whining.

I believe that's called karma.
    Thinking Bourbon Street helps a bit with their gameday fun. If we had something similar I could even enjoy watching Tebow play.

Why is everything about being negative? You look at a fan base being happy and some how that becomes about the Jets...

Seriously, !@#$% off...

All League
    Jets fans are mainly from New York, Saints fans mostly from New Orleans. That pretty much explains the differences right there.

I am not a homer. This team's history is for the most part dismal. I was only talking about the fact that the Saints accept it and laugh at it and the Jets cringe and hide from it.
    I cringe and hide from the happy happy joy joy club that tries to convince you that everything is all right all the time. The same boneheads that said Sanchez was a franchise QB and every single move was a great one. The same ones that never actually out a critical eye on the any phase of the team and say idiotic things like 'If we were just happy losers we will win a superbowl one day!'

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I cringe and hide from the happy happy joy joy club that tries to convince you that everything is all right all the time. The same boneheads that said Sanchez was a franchise QB and every single move was a great one. The same ones that never actually out a critical eye on the any phase of the team and say idiotic things like 'If we were just happy losers we will win a superbowl one day!'
    Lol, so you're suggesting that being a depressed sojf helps? You realize that we are just fans and our individual reactions have no bearing? Some of us rather live with a glass half full approach.I thought we could win with Sanchez but never thought he could be Brady.

Plenty of you negative jets fans would have wanted to run a guy like flacco out of town as well after a few of his pathetic performances.

You don't hear the whining because you don't live in New Orleans nor do you converse with a wide array of Saints fans (guessing here, but why the hell would you be a Jet fan living in the Bayou). Also, how do fans impact the outcome of the organization unless the idiotic owner/GM/HC are listening to said fans about every move?

The fact is all fans are upset with their teams when their teams are under performing. Jets fans didn't mind much when we KNEW we sucked, too. It's a 180 when you have a brash HC who won't shut the fat hole in his face and delivers a 14-18 record over two seasons, all the while boasting about having the best this and the best that and promising to meet the President because they're winning the Super Bowl and sticking behind a QB telling the media and fans "he gives us the best chance to win" when he can't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

In closing, two completely different circumstances.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    When a guy creates a separate bag for his hand (Look at the picture), you know he's not being serious and being funny.
    Who do you think coined the term "Aints"?

Oh, and btw, they'd be in San Antonio if it wasn't for Katrina.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Lol, so you're suggesting that being a depressed sojf helps? You realize that we are just fans and our individual reactions have no bearing? Some of us rather live with a glass half full approach.I thought we could win with Sanchez but never thought he could be Brady.

Plenty of you negative jets fans would have wanted to run a guy like flacco out of town as well after a few of his pathetic performances.
    No, since that is not what I said I would assume that is not what I meant. The over optimists can't distinguish between the 'just depressed and slag the team for no reason.' and the people that look at the team with a critical eye and give the team and management kudos for the good moves but take them to task for bad moves.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Why is everything about being negative? You look at a fan base being happy and some how that becomes about the Jets...

Seriously, !@#$% off...

All Pro
    This was a franchise that did not have a winning season until the 1980s. And yet, the Superdome was packed with fans cheering and goofing off (i.e. putting bags on their heads) full of life.

Jets have a more successful history than the Saints. Yet their fans are grumpy whiners who moan and groan all the time.

Saints fans laugh at their inept history and accept it. Jets fans cringe and are embarrassed by it.

Saints attitude and patience paid off with a SB victory

Jets attitude and patience led to more whining.

I believe that's called karma.
    So because people complain about the team Karma makes it so the team doesn't win?

I can't speak for all Jet fans but I think 40 plus years is plenty of patience. I as a Jet fan accept the history no matter what it is. The team shows patience and fans complain that they are moving slow. Team goes and spends like a drunken sailor and goes for it all and miss it then they are gamblers.
    I have never been embarassed to be a fan of the Jets. They have made decsiions that make you wonder what they were thinking. But they have also made good decissions along the way.

Banned
    How can you say that with a straight face?

Saints have won a recent Super Bowl, Jets haven't even played in one for the last 45 years.
    Wow, winning seasons are the mark of a good team.

And a recent Super Bowl versus one 45 years ago.

Seriously?
    Browns, Lions and Jets.

The only original teams since the NFL/AFL merger never to play in a Super Bowl game.
    Psst, going 9-7 and backing into the playoffs is not the good mark of a team.

How many home playoff games have the Jets had in the last decade?

The correct answer is zero.
    Good point, I agree.
    I was a huge Jets fan that day.

I remember my dad telling me how Winston Hill completely dominated the football game that day.

Funny how the program says "3rd World Championship Game".

Does that mean the Jets never won a Super Bowl?
    Shouldn't you be sucking Sanchez's balls right about now?

Honest question: when is the last time you got your d!ck wet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Honest question: when is the last time you got your d!ck wet?
    That's assuming he ever has in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tx you realize the words "Super Bowl" are in big colored letters at the top of that pic?
    Old man Tx lost his bifocals...or he's color blind, you'll have to excuse him.