Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints fans put Jets fans to shame

Saints fans put Jets fans to shame

This was a franchise that did not have a winning season until the 1980s. And yet, the Superdome was packed with fans cheering and goofing off (i.e. putting bags on their heads) full of life.

Jets have a more successful history than the Saints. Yet their fans are grumpy whiners who moan and groan all the time.

Saints fans laugh at their inept history and accept it. Jets fans cringe and are embarrassed by it.

Saints attitude and patience paid off with a SB victory

Jets attitude and patience led to more whining.

I believe that's called karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This was a franchise that did not have a winning season until the 1980s. And yet, the Superdome was packed with fans cheering and goofing off (i.e. putting bags on their heads) full of life.

Jets have a more successful history than the Saints. Yet their fans are grumpy whiners who moan and groan all the time.

Saints fans laugh at their inept history and accept it. Jets fans cringe and are embarrassed by it.

KInd of thought the Saints attitude was "enough of crap", which is why they brought in Sean Peyton ?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    KInd of thought the Saints attitude was "enough of crap", which is why they brought in Sean Peyton ?
    Talking more about fans than ownership.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Talking more about fans than ownership.
    You can stop creating threads now.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You can stop creating threads now.

SAR I
    You're one to talk.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

A lil Drew goes a long way. A lil Sanchez will ruin your salary cap.

Go Jets!

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    A lil Drew goes a long way. A lil Sanchez will ruin your salary cap.

Go Jets!
    I'm talking about pre-Drew Brees and pre-Mark Sanchez.

All Pro
    I'm talking about pre-Drew Brees and pre-Mark Sanchez.
    I see...

Well, maybe i wasnt observant enough, but i never really noticed how bubbly, and energetic the Saints fans were during those decades of losing...

My earliest memory of the Saints fans acting lively was when they were a competitive team under Drew.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Perhaps you should be a Saints fan.

I see...

Well, maybe i wasnt observant enough, but i never really noticed how bubbly, and energetic the Saints fans were during those decades of losing...

My earliest memory of the Saints fans acting lively was when they were a competitive team under Drew.
    I thought so too. Then I watched that NO special on CBS and Archie Manning was on it. And he said that he was shocked that people kept coming to Saints games when they sucked. And then it got me to thinking. The idea of putting bags on the heads is a bit theatrical and goofy and it was created by the Saints fans. So even when they sucked they were goofing off. Saints fans on that program didn't even mention their victory in the SB. They were talking about the losing legacy of the Saints and how the Saints were accepted despite that.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-03-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Saints fans leading the way in being supportive when the team is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Saints fans leading the way in being supportive when the team is bad.
    No but that's the point. Those bags are entertaining and funny. They are able to laugh and still be funny when their team sucks. If they really felt embarrassed by their team they wouldn't go to the game in the first place.

No but that's the point. Those bags are entertaining and funny. They are able to laugh and still be funny when their team sucks.
    They're making fun of the team. They're not having a good time, they're just trying to mock the team.

Anyway, Saints fans are annoying as ****. WHO DAT? Goodell. Dat's who.

They're making fun of the team. They're not having a good time, they're just trying to mock the team.

Anyway, Saints fans are annoying as ****. WHO DAT? Goodell. Dat's who.
    Well that picture of them clapping begs to differ.

Also the fact that one of them created a bag for his hand tells me this was a fun project.

All Pro
    No but that's the point. Those bags are entertaining and funny. They are able to laugh and still be funny when their team sucks. If they really felt embarrassed by their team they wouldn't go to the game in the first place.
    Maybe it just looks fun because you dont have to deal with it. Worth a chuckle?...sure, but also a lil degrading.

Id rather just the team be good.

Maybe it just looks fun because you dont have to deal with it. Worth a chuckle?...sure, but also a lil degrading.

Id rather just the team be good.
    When a guy creates a separate bag for his hand (Look at the picture), you know he's not being serious and being funny.

All Pro
    When a guy creates a separate bag for his hand (Look at the picture), you know he's not being serious and being funny.
    HAHAHHAAHAHAH!

I missed the hand bag. That IS hilarious.

Well that picture of them clapping begs to differ.

Also the fact that one of them created a bag for his hand tells me this was a fun project.
    You're trying too hard, lol. Learn from SAR's mistake: NEVER reach.

You're trying too hard, lol. Learn from SAR's mistake: NEVER reach.
    Come on. Do you think a guy would create a separate bag to put on his had to act like a puppet JUST to mock the Saints?

Banned

Jets have a more successful history than the Saints.
    How can you say that with a straight face?

Saints have won a recent Super Bowl, Jets haven't even played in one for the last 45 years.