Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74

Thread: Saints fans put Jets fans to shame

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,521
    Had to laugh at the guy with the Corrosion of Conformity shirt...conforming

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,163
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You're trying too hard, lol. Learn from SAR's mistake: NEVER reach.
    has SAR every learned from SAR's mistake?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    has SAR every learned from SAR's mistake?
    Point taken, lol.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How can you say that with a straight face?

    Saints have won a recent Super Bowl, Jets haven't even played in one for the last 45 years.

    This is not just about recent history.

    Again Saints did not have a winning season until 1987. The Jets have double the amount of playoff wins that the Saints have (12 for the Jets, 6 for the Saints)

    Since 1967, Jets: 15 winning seasons
    Saints: 11 winning seasons

    Each team has appeared in one Super Bowl and won it. When it occurred means nothing when looking at whole histories.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-03-2013 at 03:03 PM.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,095
    How many threads are you going to make that call out the fans? Or dare I say be allowed to make.

    Which is worse, whining or whining about whining? All you do is whine about the "whiners". Do you see the irony?

    Yes, the Saints have a more futile history than we do. So do the Lions. Thanks for pointing out that we have it better than some fan bases. But the idea isn't to be the best also-ran, the idea is to win.


    P.S. I think you have a lot of misguided SOJF in you.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-03-2013 at 03:08 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How many threads are you going to make that call out the fans? Or dare I say be allowed to make.

    Which is worse, whining or whining about whining? All you do is whine about the "whiners". Do you see the irony?

    Yes, the Saints have a more futile history than we do. So do the Lions. Thanks for pointing out that we have it better than some fan bases. But the idea isn't to be the best also-ran, the idea is to win.
    It's all about attitude. If Saints fans can be so easy and forthcoming and accepting of their losing history, then Jets fans can too.

    Not say "Oh Alec Baldwin made fun of the Jets! Why are we so cursed and laughed at? WOE IS US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Doesn't matter if one is an SOJ fan or not. It's all about attitude.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-03-2013 at 03:13 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This was a franchise that did not have a winning season until the 1980s. And yet, the Superdome was packed with fans cheering and goofing off (i.e. putting bags on their heads) full of life.

    Jets have a more successful history than the Saints. Yet their fans are grumpy whiners who moan and groan all the time.

    Saints fans laugh at their inept history and accept it. Jets fans cringe and are embarrassed by it.

    Saints attitude and patience paid off with a SB victory

    Jets attitude and patience led to more whining.

    I believe that's called karma.
    Nobody whines like Jets fans!!

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This was a franchise that did not have a winning season until the 1980s. And yet, the Superdome was packed with fans cheering and goofing off (i.e. putting bags on their heads) full of life.

    Jets have a more successful history than the Saints. Yet their fans are grumpy whiners who moan and groan all the time.

    Saints fans laugh at their inept history and accept it. Jets fans cringe and are embarrassed by it.

    Saints attitude and patience paid off with a SB victory

    Jets attitude and patience led to more whining.

    I believe that's called karma.
    Just another bottom feeding team that got their act together and won a SB. Something Woody cant seem to do....


    We are closer on par with the Browns than the Saints.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How many threads are you going to make that call out the fans? Or dare I say be allowed to make.

    Which is worse, whining or whining about whining? All you do is whine about the "whiners". Do you see the irony?

    Yes, the Saints have a more futile history than we do. So do the Lions. Thanks for pointing out that we have it better than some fan bases. But the idea isn't to be the best also-ran, the idea is to win.


    P.S. I think you have a lot of misguided SOJF in you.
    Come on it's true, look at all the whining that goes on around here. One losing season and Woody is the worst owner in sports.

    And for those who dare to post something positive, then comes the imbecilic "homer" label.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Just another bottom feeding team that got their act together and won a SB. Something Woody cant seem to do....


    We are closer on par with the Browns than the Saints.
    Totally ridiculous statement. Just another example of needless whining.

    10. New Orleans Saints 94-81 regular season record, .537 winning %, 4 playoff appearances, Playoffs: 5-2, 1 Super Bowl win, 1 SB appearance

    13. New York Jets 90-85 regular season record, .514 winning %, 6 playoff appearances, Playoffs: 4-5, 0 Super Bowl wins, 0 SB appearances

    31. Cleveland Browns 62-113 regular season record, .354 winning %, 1 playoff appearance, Playoffs: 0-1, 0 Super Bowl wins, 0 SB appearances

    http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p...ince-2000.aspx
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 02-03-2013 at 03:23 PM.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,488
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Totally ridiculous statement. Just another example of needless whining.

    10. New Orleans Saints 94-81 regular season record, .537 winning %, 4 playoff appearances, Playoffs: 5-2, 1 Super Bowl win, 1 SB appearance

    13. New York Jets 90-85 regular season record, .514 winning %, 6 playoff appearances, Playoffs: 4-5, 0 Super Bowl wins, 0 SB appearances

    31. Cleveland Browns 62-113 regular season record, .354 winning %, 1 playoff appearance, Playoffs: 0-1, 0 Super Bowl wins, 0 SB appearances

    http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p...ince-2000.aspx
    Tongue and cheek dude. Go Jets.....

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Tongue and cheek dude. Go Jets.....
    Coool

  13. #33
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    You're one to talk.
    Actually, I am.

    My threads don't put down other Jets fans who are mourning the fall of our AFC Championship squad and the rebuilding we are about to undertake.

    You want to create threads about Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez, Brian Lojka, you go right ahead.

    You leave the fans alone.

    SAR I

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This is not just about recent history.

    Again Saints did not have a winning season until 1987. The Jets have double the amount of playoff wins that the Saints have (12 for the Jets, 6 for the Saints)

    Since 1967, Jets: 15 winning seasons
    Saints: 11 winning seasons

    Each team has appeared in one Super Bowl and won it. When it occurred means nothing when looking at whole histories.
    Wow, winning seasons are the mark of a good team.

    And a recent Super Bowl versus one 45 years ago.

    Seriously?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wow, winning seasons are the mark of a good team.

    And a recent Super Bowl versus one 45 years ago.

    Seriously?


    You just lost any respect I had for you. Are you an idiot or something?

    OF COURSE WINNING SEASONS ARE THE MARK OF A GOOD TEAM, YOU DUMBASS. BECAUSE WINNING IS THE NAME OF THE GAME! IF YOU HAVE A WINNING SEASON, THAT'S A GOOD THING.

    My God, what a stupid statement.

    And as for your Super Bowl statement, doesn't matter when it happened. It still counts.

    Thought you were a true Pats fan with knowledge of your team's whole history. You're just a bandwagoner fan who thinks the Pats were created in 2001. Remember Sugarbear Hamilton? Irving Fryar? Tony Eason?
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-03-2013 at 03:47 PM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This was a franchise that did not have a winning season until the 1980s. And yet, the Superdome was packed with fans cheering and goofing off (i.e. putting bags on their heads) full of life.

    Jets have a more successful history than the Saints. Yet their fans are grumpy whiners who moan and groan all the time.

    Saints fans laugh at their inept history and accept it. Jets fans cringe and are embarrassed by it.

    Saints attitude and patience paid off with a SB victory

    Jets attitude and patience led to more whining.

    I believe that's called karma.
    The fans of this franchise have been taken for granted for decades. The team was lost for the entire 70s, enjoyed a brief resurgence in the early to mid 80s only to fall back into irrelevance until Parcells came in 1997. Since he left the franchise has been okay-not an embarrassment but nothing special.

    What bothers me more then anything else is that good, loyal Jets fans deserve better. Most of us are tired of sharing a stadium with the giants, tired of trading an owner who treated the team like a hobby for another who wants to turn the team into a WWE wrestling promotion. Most of us are tired of the stereotypes about our fan base and the gossip columnists that cover the team.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post


    You just lost any respect I had for you. Are you an idiot or something?

    OF COURSE WINNING SEASONS ARE THE MARK OF A GOOD TEAM, YOU DUMBASS. BECAUSE WINNING IS THE NAME OF THE GAME! IF YOU HAVE A WINNING SEASON, THAT'S A GOOD THING.

    My God, what a stupid statement.

    And as for your Super Bowl statement, doesn't matter when it happened. It still counts.

    Thought you were a true Pats fan with knowledge of your team's whole history. You're just a bandwagoner fan who thinks the Pats were created in 2001. Remember Sugarbear Hamilton? Irving Fryar? Tony Eason?
    So 9 and 7 with no SBs is the mark of success?

    I'm sure that teams like the Pats, Giants and Steelers drill that into their management team.


    I am amazed by the acceptance of mediocrity we Jets fans embrace.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    So 9 and 7 with no SBs is the mark of success?

    I'm sure that teams like the Pats, Giants and Steelers drill that into their management team.


    I am amazed by the acceptance of mediocrity we Jets fans embrace.
    WE"RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PATS, STEELERS AND GIANTS. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE JETS AND THE SAINTS.

    MY GOD, the stupidity and ignorance around here.....

    And you can't win the Super Bowl without having a successful regular season. So MORE IMPORTANTLY, you need a successful regular season.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    WE"RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PATS, STEELERS AND GIANTS. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE JETS AND THE SAINTS.

    MY GOD, the stupidity and ignorance around here.....

    And you can't win the Super Bowl without having a successful regular season. So MORE IMPORTANTLY, you need a successful regular season.
    You forgot to mention Lack of civility...your favorite form of communication. Children resort to name calling when interacting.

    You said winning seasons were the mark do success.

    I say that top teams do NOT adhere to that.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You forgot to mention Lack of civility...your favorite form of communication. Children resort to name calling when interacting.

    You said winning seasons were the mark do success.

    I say that top teams do NOT adhere to that.
    If it's honest name calling, I don't care.

    That's fine. But we're not talking about two top teams. We are talking about the New York Jets and the New Orleans Saints, two teams that each have had one shining year in a long history of losing

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us