Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saints fans put Jets fans to shame

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    If it's honest name calling, I don't care.

That's fine. But we're not talking about two top teams. We are talking about the New York Jets and the New Orleans Saints, two teams that each have had one shining year in a long history of losing

Please tell your father you are name calling and need to go to bed.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This was a franchise that did not have a winning season until the 1980s. And yet, the Superdome was packed with fans cheering and goofing off (i.e. putting bags on their heads) full of life.

Jets have a more successful history than the Saints. Yet their fans are grumpy whiners who moan and groan all the time.

Saints fans laugh at their inept history and accept it. Jets fans cringe and are embarrassed by it.

Saints attitude and patience paid off with a SB victory

Jets attitude and patience led to more whining.

I believe that's called karma.
    Never been to Philly?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

We are closer on par with the Browns than the Saints.
    Browns, Lions and Jets.

The only original teams since the NFL/AFL merger never to play in a Super Bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Browns, Lions and Jets.

The only original teams since the NFL/AFL merger never to play in a Super Bowl game.
    You have to throw the Oilers in there too. Because the Browns technically made it as the Ravens. SO you can't say that since the Titans made it, the Oilers aren't in the category.

Also the Chiefs need to be on the list. The merger occurred in 1970 after Super Bowl V, which was the last Super Bowl the Chiefs appeared in.

So:
    Oilers, Browns, Jets, Lions, and Chiefs
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-03-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Banned

You just lost any respect I had for you. Are you an idiot or something?

OF COURSE WINNING SEASONS ARE THE MARK OF A GOOD TEAM, YOU DUMBASS. BECAUSE WINNING IS THE NAME OF THE GAME! IF YOU HAVE A WINNING SEASON, THAT'S A GOOD THING.

My God, what a stupid statement.

Psst, going 9-7 and backing into the playoffs is not the good mark of a team.

How many home playoff games have the Jets had in the last decade?

The correct answer is zero.

Banned
    You have to throw the Oilers in there too. Because the Browns technically made it as the Ravens.
    Good point, I agree.

One. The 2003 AFC WC game was at the Meadowlands. And no wonder we haven't had a home playoff game in 10 years. There's a team dominating the division with a HOF QB and coach who gets all the home games.

We are not talking about 2 outstanding franchises here. The Jets and the Saints are not majorly successful franchises. So we have to lower the standards of excellence when we look at their histories.
    And in terms of OVERALL history, the Jets have been more successful than the Saints.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-03-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Which mod is using this id today?

Jets Insider VIP
    Browns, Lions and Jets.

please don't tell the homers.

We went to 2 AFC champ games in a row...they won't let you forget.

I am not a homer. This team's history is for the most part dismal. I was only talking about the fact that the Saints accept it and laugh at it and the Jets cringe and hide from it.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Browns, Lions and Jets.

I wonder what event those attending in Miami 1969 thought they were at when the gameday program was, you know, so misleading on the matter.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

SAR I

Saints have had a pretty succesful record ever since the Mike Ditka disaster. They had some competitve seasons with the Haslett/Aaron Brooks regime and ofcourse they won the SB with Payton/Brees.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    The fans of this franchise have been taken for granted for decades. The team was lost for the entire 70s, enjoyed a brief resurgence in the early to mid 80s only to fall back into irrelevance until Parcells came in 1997. Since he left the franchise has been okay-not an embarrassment but nothing special.

What bothers me more then anything else is that good, loyal Jets fans deserve better. Most of us are tired of sharing a stadium with the giants, tired of trading an owner who treated the team like a hobby for another who wants to turn the team into a WWE wrestling promotion. Most of us are tired of the stereotypes about our fan base and the gossip columnists that cover the team.
    You're earning the name you carry here.

As an outside fan looking in, I feel the fans of the Jets got screwed by everyone, even Parcells. He knew what a great HC Belichick might become, and had he handled it right it might have been the Jets who enjoyed some of the success we had with Belichick.

I'm also not a fan of PSL's. I remember arguing about them with a fan of another AFCE team when Kraft decided not to take that route a few years ago. I don't feel that they're a good investment and should not be forced on fans who may not be able to afford them but have been loyal through thick and thin. Throw in the fact that the PSL that was bought by Jets and Giant fans is shared with someone else, well, how the heck is that a good deal?

And of course the mediots. What a bunch of dopesticks, especially those involved with the boob tube. The TV blowhards are making the games less and less enjoyable each and every year. One of the few things that I liked about Parcells was the way he slapped many of them around. I used to really enjoy his pressers.

As a fan of the Pats from the very beginning, having lived through some terrible times myself, I can honestly say that I can feel the pain.
    Last edited by Pats1960; 02-03-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    You're earning the name you carry here.

As an outside fan looking in, I feel the fans of the Jets got screwed by everyone, even Parcells. He knew what a great HC Belichick might become, and had he handled it right it might have been the Jets who enjoyed some of the success we had with Belichick.

I'm also not a fan of PSL's. I remember arguing about them with a fan of another AFCE team when Kraft decided not to take that route a few years ago. I don't feel that they're a good investment and should not be forced on fans who may not be able to afford them but have been loyal through thick and thin. Throw in the fact that the PSL that was bought is shared with someone else, well, how the heck is that a good deal and how is it shared for other events?

And of course the mediots. What a bunch of dopesticks, especially those involved with the boob tube. They're making the games less and less enjoyable each and every year. One of the few things that I liked about Parcells was the way he slapped many of them around. I used to really enjoy his pressers.

As a fan of the Pats from the very beginning, having lived through some terrible times myself, I can honestly say that I can feel the pain.
    I hope a lot of Pats fans are like you, instead of the troll persona that TX puts on

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

I wonder what event those attending in Miami 1969 thought they were at when the gameday program was, you know, so misleading on the matter.

SAR I
    I was a huge Jets fan that day.

I remember my dad telling me how Winston Hill completely dominated the football game that day.

Funny how the program says "3rd World Championship Game".

Does that mean the Jets never won a Super Bowl?

This was a franchise that did not have a winning season until the 1980s. And yet, the Superdome was packed with fans cheering and goofing off (i.e. putting bags on their heads) full of life.

Jets have a more successful history than the Saints. Yet their fans are grumpy whiners who moan and groan all the time.

Saints fans laugh at their inept history and accept it. Jets fans cringe and are embarrassed by it.

Saints attitude and patience paid off with a SB victory

Jets attitude and patience led to more whining.

I believe that's called karma.
    This is true, and i lived in NOLA for 8+ years. So I can testify.

That said, the Saints don't have the MY Sports Media, the NYG, Yanks, Knicks, The Patriots, and the Mets-Jets Complex to deal with...they only have their indisputable record of failure.

And don't forget...The Saints fixed the mess with great franchise building....staring with Drew Brees.

I remember my dad telling me how Winston Hill completely dominated the football game that day.

Sar you realize the words "Super Bowl" are in big colored letters at the top of that pic?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The New York Jets are 1-0 in AFL Championship Games.

The Boston Patriots are 0-1 in AFL Championship Games.

Shoe's on the other foot now. How does it feel?

SAR I

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The New York Jets are 1-0 in AFL Championship Games.

The Boston Patriots are 0-1 in AFL Championship Games.

Shoe's on the other foot now. How does it feel?

SAR I
    Shouldn't you be sucking Sanchez's balls right about now?