Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Official Super Bowl XLVII Ravens-49ers game thread.

Did he say that Jim Harbaugh wouldn't come out for an interview?

Veteran
    This is right about the time where the depression and realization that we will never win it all sets in.

Take solace that we aren't Brown's fans.
    Looking back, they probably should have built Modell that new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx View Post
    a) it wasn't nearly as bad when he was here.
    b) er...Tim Tebow, vs Ray Lewis. cmon now.

Besides, even at his worst, Tebow only ever made me roll my eyes/laugh. Lewis makes me cringe/think to myself "STFU *******".
    Yeah I know but I wasn't comparing TALENT between Tim and Ray. "c'mon now"....

I was more or less comparing their infatuation with God.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Yeah I know but I wasn't comparing TALENT between Tim and Ray. "c'mon now"....

I was more or less comparing their infatuation with God.
    I wasn't comparing their talent either, rather what type of people they are. Don't get me wrong, enough bible thumping from anyone is an annoyance. But coming out of the mouth of a person like Ray Lewis? **** that. That's all I was saying. (and that's all I'l say, period, since this doesn't need to become a religion/Tebow thread )

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chops44 View Post
    This is right about the time where the depression and realization that we will never win it all sets in.
    + infinity

Lewis picked a good time to retire. He was just horrible in that game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Lewis picked a good time to retire. He was just horrible in that game.
    Yeah. He has nothing left. Even on the running plays he gets blocked easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Not really. Ravens have better personnel guys than us and more talent.

If Rex had Flacco here we would have been a good team.
    lol, at least 1/2 if not 2/3 of this forum not more than a year ago blasted the hell out of flacco at every chance and declared that Sanchez was much better.

@RichCimini: SF passed on 7 of 11 plays inside 10, incl 2-pt conv. Kaepernick 0-for-5, 2 sax, per @ESPNStatsInfo. Before Sun, SF ran NFL-high 70% ins 10.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: SF passed on 7 of 11 plays inside 10, incl 2-pt conv. Kaepernick 0-for-5, 2 sax, per @ESPNStatsInfo. Before Sun, SF ran NFL-high 70% ins 10.
    Outsmarting themselves. John Harbaugh thoroughly outcoached Jim tonight. And that's with the fake FG attempt.

By the way, best commercials tonight:

Oreo: The Library
    Budweiser: The Reunion
    Tide: The Miracle Stain
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 02-04-2013 at 12:39 AM.

All League
    Even with his mistakes, Kaepernick was to my eyes the most talented player on the field tonight.

The aunt and uncle of 49ers tight end Delanie Walker were killed by a suspected drunk driver just hours after watching their nephew play in the Super Bowl.
    Walker wrote about the deaths of his aunt and uncle on Twitter on Wednesday.
    “Alice and Bryan Young my aunt and uncle was killed on Monday at 5 am after the super bowl by a drunk,” Walker wrote. “Im going to miss y’all but i know they are in a better place.”
    WWL-TV reports that a two-vehicle accident happened around 5:30 a.m. on I-10 near mile marker 214, just outside New Orleans. Nechole Thomas, a 26-year-old Houston resident, was driving “at a high rate of speed” on I-10 westbound when she hit another car that had stopped on the shoulder, according to state police. Both vehicles caught on fire.
    Thomas escaped with minor injuries. She faces two counts of vehicular homicide, DWI and reckless operation.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co....er-super-bowl/

Damn, dude.