Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens Bigger Dynasty Than The Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Lol the jets drafts have been equal or better in the last half decade. They got hot at the right time. There isn't a secret formula.

yeah right. try again.

Jets Insider VIP
    the ravens have won two legitimate superbowls since their inception somewhere in the 1990s

the patriots have won ZERO legitimate superbowls in their entire 52 years of existence

the patriots are the browns, jaguars, bengals, bills, panthers, lions and eagles and some others as far as untainted lombardis are concerned

ZEROES

Veteran
    It's what the team does with the players after they're drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Well, maybe the Patriots aren't a dynasty. Maybe that's the wrong word in the subject line, "dynasty".

Maybe it should say "since 2000, who's the better team?" instead.

The Patriots are an AFC East dynasty. Perhaps the Ravens are the better AFC team.

SAR I
    Makes sense. I would go so far to say that both the Ravens and Steelers have been better than the Pasties the past 13 years and you can almost throw the Colts in there also. Pats are a product of a weak division. They have been a very good team but for sure no better than Ravens and Steelers.

Jets Insider VIP
    I hate how everyone throws the words "elite" and "dynasty" around like hotcakes these days.

To me, there have only been 3 dynasties in the history of the league.

The 60's Packers, 70's Steelers and the 49ers of the 80's.

Teams like the early 90's Cowboys and the Pats of today aren't in that group IMO.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I hate how everyone throws the words "elite" and "dynasty" around like hotcakes these days.

To me, there have only been 3 dynasties in the history of the league.

The 60's Packers, 70's Steelers and the 49ers of the 80's.

Teams like the early 90's Cowboys and the Pats of today aren't in that group IMO.
    Uh, did the NFL start in the 60s? How about the 30s Bears. The 50s Browns? The 20s Canton Bulldogs?

All League
    No Yanda on the list? 3rd pick and he is possibly their best offensive player, definitely top 3.

They have a very good knack at drafting a players replacement before the player breaks the bank, or the player stays beyond his productive years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Uh, did the NFL start in the 60s? How about the 30s Bears. The 50s Browns? The 20s Canton Bulldogs?
    Teams within the Superbowl era.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Makes sense. I would go so far to say that both the Ravens and Steelers have been better than the Pasties the past 13 years and you can almost throw the Colts in there also. Pats are a product of a weak division. They have been a very good team but for sure no better than Ravens and Steelers.
    Agreed, except for the Colts who have only one SB appearance. While the Bills and Dolphins are occasionally competitive, both are, most would agree, sub-par franchises. The Jets are perennial bottom dwellers and with current ownership destined to remain so.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Teams within the Superbowl era.
    So within the Super Bowl era how are the Packers a dynasty? They won in 67 and 68 and then disappeared as a competitive franchise for almost 30 years.

That was back around 4PM when I drank two of those mini Coors Light bottles. I'm straight-sober now.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by norcaljet View Post
    Patsies are 0-2 in Superbowls after spygate. NO Dynasty there.
    That's true. Even Ninkovich said that the Dynasty is over.

Exclamation

Why? What's the harder challenge:

Patriots: Since 2000, cruising to AFC East titles with no serious competition, a Hall of Fame quarterback every year, and a Hall of Fame head coach every year. 3-2 Super Bowl record.

Ravens: Since 2000, battling the 3-time Super Bowl participant Pittsburgh Steelers to bloody 10 win AFC North titles/wildcards, with no consistent quarterback, with different head coaches. 2-0 Super Bowl record.

SAR I
    Stop being so melodramatic lol "battling the 3-time Super Bowl participant Pittsburgh Steelers to bloody 10 win AFC North titles/wildcards"

I can hear John Facenda uttering your words about with the music playing in the background lol

Dummy, it's harder to GET to a Super Bowl and WIN it so therefore the Pats are a better "dynasty" then the Ravens and even someone as smart (self alleged of course) as yourself should know better lol

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    If u wanna call 2 superbowls and numerous playoff appearances in 13 years a dynasty then maybe it is. As long as it upsets the Patriots I'm all for it.
    Yeah, we sure have watered down the term "dynasty". When the Pats won 3 Super Bowls in 4 seasons, that was a dynasty. But that's also when it ended. The Steelers have won 2 SB's since NE won their last - are they a dynasty? The Giants have won 2 SB's since NE won their last - are they a dynasty? You can't be a dynasty if you're not winning world championships. Ridiculous.

Well, maybe the Patriots aren't a dynasty. Maybe that's the wrong word in the subject line, "dynasty".

Maybe it should say "since 2000, who's the better team?" instead.

The Patriots are an AFC East dynasty. Perhaps the Ravens are the better AFC team.

SAR I
    I disagree with you often - but you're dead-on on this one.

What a ridiculous notion. The Ravens have missed the playoffs FOUR times during that stretch and have THREE losing seasons.

During the Patriots run, they have missed the playoffs just TWICE and have ZERO losing seasons. Hell, they have ZERO 8 wins seasons and have just ONE 9-7 season.

The Ravens have to play the Steelers? The Steelers are the reason they were 5-11 in '07.

That season alone eliminates them from any discussion because they were very bad that year while the Patriots have never been anything less than "good" since their first Super Bowl season.

The Patriots also have FOUR 14 win seasons during their run, compared to the Ravens ZERO.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    um Ravens last superbowl was 12 years ago...Patriots last superbowl win was 8 years ago....neither team is a dynasty lol

Since 2000, Ravens are 2-0 in Super Bowls, 9 playoff appearances, 14-7 record.

Since 2000, Patriots are 3-2 in Super Bowls, 10 playoff appearances, 17-7 record.

Patriots Super Bowl differential is +1. Ravens Super Bowl differential is +2.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Bottom Dwellers? The Jets have something the Bills do not have...a superbowl win......as for cellar dwellars....you might be mastaken the team for the browns, bills, lions etc....you must have missed that since 98 the Jets have had some good seasons......too bad. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Agreed, except for the Colts who have only one SB appearance. While the Bills and Dolphins are occasionally competitive, both are, most would agree, sub-par franchises. The Jets are perennial bottom dwellers and with current ownership destined to remain so.

Hall Of Fame
    A dynasty means domination....the only thing the Patriots dominated was the AFC East...they are 0-2 in the last 2 superbowls and have not won it in 8 years....that make sense to any of you??? how can that be a dynasty? The Giants and Steelers have two super bowl wins since the Patriots last won it 8 years ago lol Dynasty, elite and hero truly has been watered down....oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    What a ridiculous notion. The Ravens have missed the playoffs FOUR times during that stretch and have THREE losing seasons.

During the Patriots run, they have missed the playoffs just TWICE and have ZERO losing seasons. Hell, they have ZERO 8 wins seasons and have just ONE 9-7 season.

The Ravens have to play the Steelers? The Steelers are the reason they were 5-11 in '07.

That season alone eliminates them from any discussion because they were very bad that year while the Patriots have never been anything less than "good" since their first Super Bowl season.

The Patriots also have FOUR 14 win seasons during their run, compared to the Ravens ZERO.

Hall Of Fame
    Then I guess to all of you the Bills and Vikings who were both 0-4 in superbowls were dynastys!!!! lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Lol the jets drafts have been equal or better in the last half decade.
    What a stupid comment.

Those "great" Jets drafts the last half decade has yielded the following:

0 Division titles
    0 AFC Championships
    0 Super Bowl titles

Yep, great job.