Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Be honest

Be honest

If the Jets won the Super Bowl, would you break down into a blubbering mess? I had a small emotional moment when the Rangers won the Stanley Cup in 1994 and I got slightly more emotional when the Yankees won the World Series in 1996, but I really think I would lose it if the Jets won the Super Bowl. Watching Richard Dent walk with the Lombardi Trophy and the music playing in the background gave me chills.

Hall Of Fame
    I would definitely cry like a baby.

Probably a bit, but I'd end it quickly and resume shouting "WE WON THE ****ING SUPERBOWL!".

Exclamation

No lol

All League
    I don't think I will know until the moment arrives. I would say right now I wouldn't, but who knows.

Yes. Without shame.

None of my teams have ever won. I might just be a complete mess. And I'm going to buy 20 of those DVD sets.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    None of my teams have ever won. I might just be a complete mess. And I'm going to buy 20 of those DVD sets.
    What teams do you root for? Even a Mets/Isles fan had glory days in the 80's.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    If the Jets won the Super Bowl, would you break down into a blubbering mess? I had a small emotional moment when the Rangers won the Stanley Cup in 1994 and I got slightly more emotional when the Yankees won the World Series in 1996, but I really think I would lose it if the Jets won the Super Bowl. Watching Richard Dent walk with the Lombardi Trophy and the music playing in the background gave me chills.
    No, because I won't live long enough to witness it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yes, definitely. And I'd spend a crapload of money on Super Bowl merchandise.

All League
    I know I'd be bawling.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I know I'd be bawling.

I love the asterisks of excellence! can I copy it?

Banned
    I wouldn't know. I prolly be dead by then.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm 39 and my pops is 63. Both of us as die hard as they come. All I want is to be able to share one SB together with him. We'd both no doubt shed some tears.

Yes, but only if they could revive me after passing out when the PA guy says "let's greet the AFC champions, the New YorK Jets."

Of course I would.

And then I'd change my pillow covers when I woke up the next morning.

But in all honesty, yes I most definitely would and I'd probably wind up buying 2 or 3 of EVERYTHING that all the stores - Modell's, DICK's, Sports Authority, etc. - was selling.

I was a blubbering mess when the Islanders won their first cup. I had watched or listened to almost every one of their games since about 1975 so when Bobby Nystrom puck that puck in - I was about 16 years old - I cried like a baby.
    I lost it when the Mets won game 6 against Boston. By game 7 I knew they were gonna win. I also lost it when the Knicks beat Indiana in 1999 to go to finals. The 4 point play and then beating The Pacers was great - but I wasn't a blubbering mess. It's been a while.

maybe..but when the Rangers won, I was ecstatic for years. Still am.

I think I called every guy on my high school hockey team, past coaches etc...

Dont think I cried though. I did celebrate very loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I was a blubbering mess when the Islanders won their first cup. I had watched or listened to almost every one of their games since about 1975 so when Bobby Nystrom puck that puck in - I was about 16 years old - I cried like a baby.
    I lost it when the Mets won game 6 against Boston. By game 7 I knew they were gonna win. I also lost it when the Knicks beat Indiana in 1999 to go to finals. The 4 point play and then beating The Pacers was great - but I wasn't a blubbering mess. It's been a while.
    Islanders dont count.

1) They suck
    2) They dont have a storied drought like the JETS and Rangers (Cuns Red Sox etc...)

What a buncha fegallas.