Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How was Cary Williams not ejected?

OK. I knew it looked like a ref got shoved. At least I'm not crazy.

It's a different set of rules in the playoffs and the super bowl. It's as simple as that.

Hall Of Fame
    That crew was under major scrutiny before the game began bc people felt Bogert wasn't qualified for the game. I think their goal was to not get noticed. I think they did an OK job. They let things get out of hand a little but nothing terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That crew was under major scrutiny before the game began bc people felt Bogert wasn't qualified for the game. I think their goal was to not get noticed. I think they did an OK job. They let things get out of hand a little but nothing terrible.
    It was the worst reffed super bowl in the last 10 years easilly

All League
    That's got to be a multiple game suspension plus a huge fine. I've seen players/coaches fined 50k for just bumping a ref. This was the worst I've ever seen.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 02-04-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    That's got to be a multiple game suspension plus a big fine.
    It's the Ravens, so no fine from Kommishioner Badell. Ray needed a new ring to go out with, call came from up top.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    It's the Ravens, so no fine from Kommishioner Badell. Ray needed a new ring to go out with, call came from up top.
    Well let's see. But I agree it was a serious infraction and warrants serious punishment.

All League
    It was the worst reffed super bowl in the last 10 years easilly
    Steelers-Seahawks was worse.

Aren't you late for your Illuminati Awareness meeting? Don't forget your tinfoil hat...

Only Jets fans complain about refs in games the Jets aren't even in.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Only Jets fans complain about refs in games the Jets aren't even in.
    You're trying too hard. Go learn how to troll properly and then come back when you're better at it.

Yeah, I was shocked that he wasn't ejected or at least given a 15 yard penalty separate from the offsetting penalties on the play. My only guess is that the referee didn't want to do that to someone in the Super Bowl who was in the heat of the moment in a huge pile up.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Steelers-Seahawks was worse.
    That was the worst ever. Followed by the Denver-Baltimore game this year.

Only difference was that in the Denver-Baltimore game the officiating sucked for both teams.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yeah, I was shocked that he wasn't ejected or at least given a 15 yard penalty separate from the offsetting penalties on the play. My only guess is that the referee didn't want to do that to someone in the Super Bowl who was in the heat of the moment in a huge pile up.
    Same reason Roger Clemens wasn't tossed. You'd think pushing a ref and throwing a bat at someone are pretty much no brainers - you're done.

Apparently not in the Super Bowl/World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    It's a different set of rules in the playoffs and the super bowl. It's as simple as that.
    And it's 100% wrong.

There is no question, in any form, that a double-fisted chest push by a rampaging, out of control player, who went on to rampage around some more, absolutely should have resulted in an ejection.

The fact the spineless shill announcers didn't say a single word about this is an embarassment.

The super Bowl should not be when all the rules suddenly stop being enforced.

Jets Insider VIP
    He's definitely going to get a big fine for that; however, it may be a week away from any announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    And it's 100% wrong.

There is no question, in any form, that a double-fisted chest push by a rampaging, out of control player, who went on to rampage around some more, absolutely should have resulted in an ejection.

The fact the spineless shill announcers didn't say a single word about this is an embarassment.

Honestly don't know if the announcers even saw/noticed it. There was a lot of stuff going on right then. I watched the game on my 65" TV, was right there for that play and didn't notice the ref getting shoved. This thread was the first I saw of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Honestly don't know if the announcers even saw/noticed it. There was a lot of stuff going on right then. I watched the game on my 65" TV, was right there for that play and didn't notice the ref getting shoved. This thread was the first I saw of it.
    I have no idea how anyone actually watching the game could have missed it. If you were if fact watching when it happened, and didn't see it, I'd question your powers of observation.

Of course, you think Tebow is awesome, so your powers of observation are already stringly in contestation as it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    And it's 100% wrong.

There was a lot those 'spineless shill' annoucers didn't mention, such as the vicious helmet to helmet at the end of the game when the 49ers were in 3rd and goal. The ref was two steps away from the play, I thought for sure a penalty. That should have made it first down on the goal line with two minutes to play.

Still nothing compared to the Seattle-Pittsburgh SB.