Thread: Does Joe Flacco winning a superbowl mean...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Joe Flacco winning a superbowl mean...

a player like Mike Glennon just moved up in the draft?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it does.

One thing that is very important though, is that glennon is slower and less athletic then flacco and a LOT of what flacco was able to accomplish in the playoffs and especially last night was due to his ability to sidestep the rush.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about that exact same thing today on my drive to work. I hope it doesn't for the Jets though.

The NFL is all about imitation, all about following recent history and there is no one formula to winning it all. I am hoping the Jets evaluate the players themselves and not let anything like Flacco winning pull them into a mistake. (I'm not saying Glennon is an out right mistake pick but moreso if he was not the guy before the super bowl he shouldn't be the guy after.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think it does.

One thing that is very important though, is that glennon is slower and less athletic then flacco and a LOT of what flacco was able to accomplish in the playoffs and especially last night was due to his ability to sidestep the rush.
    Glennon only started two years in college, Flacco did not have the pocket awareness he has now when he was a rookie. You have to remember when looking at Glennon is that besides TJ Graham last year no offensive player has been drafted last year and certainly won't be this year. It is not like he had a lot of time or weapons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    glennon looks to slow though. too slow. flacco has considerably more foot speed and that could be a problem. i wouldn't want the jets to get glennon, he'd be on his back every other pass play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    glennon looks to slow though. too slow. flacco has considerably more foot speed and that could be a problem. i wouldn't want the jets to get glennon, he'd be on his back every other pass play.

I don't know if you post was in response to mine but I don't think he is a fit for a WCO, but for a team like the Steelers, bengals, pats, ravens falcons, cowboys, bills etc he is a solid pick.

You design your offense and you take players to fit it. The jets or any team would need to construct an oline that would allow him to play to his strengths.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flacco is a much better player though, period. Their athleticism is not even comparable.

Very lazy to just say Flacco did it, that means Glennon will....It's so much deeper than that and I hope our GM doesn't fall for it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna say no. Flacco was from Delaware so the level of competition he played against was a factor in why he went at the end of the first round. Glennon is at a much bigger school with a better level of competition so you can see a little bit more about how he would transition against similar talent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The comparisons will not hurt. Glennon is an early 2nd round guy could jump into the 1st. I doubt he goes high though. If he gets push from day one I don't think it would be good.